+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reli's Pearl Nuzelocke

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Default Reli's Pearl Nuzelocke

I typed this all out then it didn't post...

I figured since I'm bothering to do this, I'll keep you updated on what's happening. I decided to follow the nickname rule, and I'm using the names of the characters from Skins. I just hope I don't run out of names...

As usual, I started out with Turtwig. Every time, I've always chosen Turtwig and I'm not stopping now.
    "Tony" M/Brave/Overgrow
    Continuing on, I didn't have much luck. Up to Oreburgh Gate, I kept defeating the Starlys/Shinx I met on each route and had nothing else to catch. At Oreburgh Gate and Oreburgh Mine, I caught a Geodude. They ended up being identical stats and ability, so I decided to raise one and use the other to do Rock Smash.
    "Mini" F/Naughty/Rock Head and "Sketch" F/Brave/Rock Head
    Defeating Roark ended up being a close call for Turtwig, but a OHKO Razor Leaf was a saving grace. Otherwise, I've been progressing pretty well, not really getting close to fainting in any instance.
    Route 204 was another fail, but I did pick up a Zubat in Ravaged Path.
    "Sid" M/Naive/Inner Focus
    Floraroma plot things went by without a hitch, then 205 brought a Shellos, and Eterna Forest: a Buneary.
    "Mattie" M/Impish/Sticky Hold
    "Franky" F/Mild/Run Away
    My Turtwig evolved in Eterna Forest as well, so that was fun.

I went on to Route 211 hoping for a Ponyta, but got a Bidoof instead, which I can use for an HM slave, but isn't going to help my team for the grass gym...
    "Grace" F/Jolly/Simple
    So now, my mission is essentially to train Buneary and Grotle up before trying Gardenia. My team is a little heavy on the rock/water side, so that doesn't bode well.

Current Team
    Mattie lvl. 13
    Franky lvl. 12
    Tony lvl. 19
    Mini lvl. 20
    Sketch lvl. 8
    Grace lvl. 13
    Last edited by Reliability; 08-14-12 at 08:01 PM.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Just reached Hearthome.

It occured to me that having a flying type just sitting in my box probably wasn't the best way to go, so I taught Grace Rock Smash and traded in Sketch for my Zubat, Sid. I trained him until he evolved, then got Franky and Tony up to acceptable levels. In the meantime, I also got my Mt. Coronet Pokemon, a Chingling.
    "Anwar" M/Quiet/Levitate
    Gardenia was real easy with a Golbat Wing Attack at my disposal. I proceeded down 206 and got a Kricketot, then a Bronzor from Wayward Cave.
    "Freddie" M/Lonely/Shed Skin
    "Maxxie" X/Hardy/Levitate
    Route 208 was Psyduck time.
    "Nick" M/Rash/Cloud Nine

Anyway, now I'm probably going to grind a little more before Veilstone. Even though I figure Sid can carry me through again, I don't want to risk losing any of the ones I've got.

Current Team
    Mattie lvl. 22
    Franky lvl. 21
    Sid lvl. 23
    Tony lvl. 22
    Maxxie lvl. 14
    Grace lvl. 13

"We nicknamed her Bean"

My way to Veilstone went pretty swimmingly. I caught a Kricketune (not sure what I'll use that for...) but more importantly I caught a Ponyta. I am very excited, as Rapidash has very special place in my heart and I cannot wait to own one.
    "Blood" M/Docile/Swarm
    "Alex" M/Mild/Run Away

But in any case, Veilstone was reached. To ensure that the gym went with little effort (Roark really has put me in constant paranoia) I trained Grotle, Ponyta, and Shellos up to level 30 (at which point it evolved to Gastrodon). Unfortunately, this process also meant my Psyduck fainted after switching into an ill-timed Magical Leaf. Though I lamented the loss, I knew that I had to move on, so I also trained my Golbat to about level 27, where it evolved to Crobat.
    Satisfied, my Crobat ended up sweeping the entire gym on its own, but now I have some pretty powerful Pokemon, including a Grotle that is all ready for the water gym that's coming up. This means I can spent the interim training Buneary and Bronzor. Unfortunately any chance on catching new Pokemon on the way to Pastoria is gone, as I've defeated everything accidentally. The Starly I met in the Great Marsh? Escaped. Even my chance at Valour Lakefront is gone, since I worked my way down there while training for Veilstone. It also means I lack a Fly/Defog Pokemon at the moment, which I'm not happy about. But Wake should be a sinch. At least there's that...

Current Team
    Mattie lvl. 30
    Franky lvl. 28
    Sid lvl. 30
    Tony lvl. 30
    Maxxie lvl. 25
    Alex lvl. 30
    Last edited by Reliability; 10-25-12 at 11:14 PM.

Administrator

Aw, it must suck having to walk everywhere when you have the Fly HM.

Are you allowed to breed in Nuzlocke?

"We nicknamed her Bean"

What's worse is that now I have the fog route without Defog. I'm sure my PP is going to love the reduced accuracy. -____-

I haven't really looked into it, but I figure that you can receive one Pokemon in each area. Therefore, you should be able to breed one Pokemon and that is your Pokemon for the route. In Pearl, the Day Care is in an actual town, though, so I wouldn't be able to accidentally encounter anything else there anyway. But I'm not going to breed anyway, since I don't really have th patience, nor would it probably do my much good at this point.
    And I'm not even sure what I could even breed.

Administrator

Oh, it was because I wanted to make a suggestion about using all that walking time to try to hatch eggs. I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

So that Defog route was hell. Caught nothing there, but managed to get to Celestic Town, then back down to Hearthome, defeated Fantina, then over to Canaclave and beat that gym too. BUT FIRST:
    "Pandora" F/Rash/Keen Eye
    AND THANK GOD FLYING EVERYWHERE IS ACTUALLY THE BEST

So in terms of the Pokemon I had, Franky is now Lopunny, Tony is now Torterra, and Alex is now Rapidash (which I am infinitely pleased about).

Maxxie met his end I fear somewhere along the way. It was before I stopped playing for a bit, so I can't reacall where. I also picked up a Tentacool just below Sandgem just for lolz.
    "JJ" M/Mild/Liquid Ooze

Now I'm on my way north, hopefully picking up something halfway interesting while up there. I'm jonsing for something new and interesting to raise once this damn Happiny hatches.

Current Team
    Mattie lvl. 37
    Franky lvl. 36
    Sid lvl. 37
    Tony lvl. 37
    Alex lvl. 41
    (Happiny)

Administrator

Don't you wish Crobat could learn Fly? Go ahead, fly on your tiny seagull instead.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Yeah, I was going to teach the one acceptable Pokemon I had for a long time a move that I hate actually using. This ain't no disco, it ain't no country club neither.

This is L.A.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

But ask and though shalt receive.
    "Cook" M/Timid/Snow Warning
    "Emily" F/Gentle/Pure Power

Jus gon beat the gym leader a sec.

+ Reply to Thread