In the world of FireRed, I, The G-Man, have but one mission: defeat my rival, The Combine, and become the Champion!
I choose my first pawn, a young man named Gordon Freeman.

He seems like a promising warrior. I feel that he will be my main weapon in defeating The Combine.
The Combine also chooses a warrior, and we pit them against each other. Gordon comes out on top, as I expected. The Combine then flees, vowing to "smell me later."
I carefully tread forth through Route 1. I am miraculously able to get to Viridian City without meeting a single opponent. I make haste to the Pokemart and demand Pokeballs, so that I may capture a Pokemon. Instead, the shopkeeper gives me a package. "If you can deliver this to Oak, I will sell you the pokeballs," he says. I take the package and return to Pallet Town, only to find that The Combine has also returned. Oak gives us both pokeballs and a pokedex. I have half a mind to destroy the old man for assisting the Combine! The Combine departs to raise its army.
I, too, must raise an army. When I return to Route 1, I come across my first opponent: Eli Vance.

He is weaker than Freeman, but has a strong will. I am able to recruit him to my team.
As I continue past Viridian City, I pick up some supplies. On Route 2, I come across another able warrior, Judith Mossman, a woman who is much like Eli Vance. Using both Eli and Gordon, I persuade her to join my team.

I trained my newest two warriors in Route 2. After a close call with a Weedle's poison, I believe my team may be ready to continue to Viridian Forest.
TO BE CONTINUED...