+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cyndadile's Nuzlocke

Secret Agent

Default Cyndadile's Nuzlocke

In the world of FireRed, I, The G-Man, have but one mission: defeat my rival, The Combine, and become the Champion!
    I choose my first pawn, a young man named Gordon Freeman.

He seems like a promising warrior. I feel that he will be my main weapon in defeating The Combine.
    The Combine also chooses a warrior, and we pit them against each other. Gordon comes out on top, as I expected. The Combine then flees, vowing to "smell me later."
    I carefully tread forth through Route 1. I am miraculously able to get to Viridian City without meeting a single opponent. I make haste to the Pokemart and demand Pokeballs, so that I may capture a Pokemon. Instead, the shopkeeper gives me a package. "If you can deliver this to Oak, I will sell you the pokeballs," he says. I take the package and return to Pallet Town, only to find that The Combine has also returned. Oak gives us both pokeballs and a pokedex. I have half a mind to destroy the old man for assisting the Combine! The Combine departs to raise its army.
    I, too, must raise an army. When I return to Route 1, I come across my first opponent: Eli Vance.

He is weaker than Freeman, but has a strong will. I am able to recruit him to my team.
    As I continue past Viridian City, I pick up some supplies. On Route 2, I come across another able warrior, Judith Mossman, a woman who is much like Eli Vance. Using both Eli and Gordon, I persuade her to join my team.

I trained my newest two warriors in Route 2. After a close call with a Weedle's poison, I believe my team may be ready to continue to Viridian Forest.
    TO BE CONTINUED...

Administrator

In Nuzlocke are you allowed to reset if something you don't want to happen happens? (A Pokemon faints, etc.?)

Secret Agent

I have no idea, but I've decided to not reset (of course, I decided that before Judith died...). Officially, there are only two rules:
    1: You can only catch the first pokemon in each new area you explore
    2: If one of your pokemon faints, you must release it. It is dead.
    I think it's just preference. If you think it's ok, then it's ok. No one else has to know.

Rule 1 makes it really hard to get legendaries.

RPG Administrator

Yeah, but that means starting over the entire game, and thus, restarting the challenge. The challenge is in the fact that once a pokemon faints, it's dead. You have to use all your skills to make sure your pokemon don't die. Most likely, you'll lose one or two, if not more, by the time you beat all the gym leaders. The Elite Four will probably take out most of your main team. From what I've seen.
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

Administrator

From what I've seen usually you have to set the mode to "Set" rather than "Switch" so you can't switch in Pokemon for free as well. For the E4 I guess you'll have to make very good use of speedy sleep users.

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    From what I've seen usually you have to set the mode to "Set" rather than "Switch" so you can't switch in Pokemon for free as well.
    Wait, what? *utilizes interweb* That's not official. It's optional. Which is good, because otherwise my run so far would be meaningless. *sigh of relief*

Secret Agent

I decided to train my pawns some more before venturing into the forest. It was a mistake. We suffered our first casualty:

Judith Mossman

So it goes.

I had hardly stepped into the Forest when I came across another mighty warrior. I knew at once that I needed him on my team. And thus Barney Calhoun joined my band of fighters.

He is a strong fighter, and I am glad to have him under my control. His strength may be on par with even Gordon Freeman, and I intend to use that to my advantage.
    My team smashed its way through the forest, increasing their skills along the way. As we left the forest, we came upon a scientist names Issac Kleiner.

He put up a fight, but he eventually gave in to Barney Calhoun. I feel that he might be able to assist me with his knowledge of technology.
    I enter Pewter City, and come across a young girl in the Pokemon Center. I attempt to deliver a message to her: "Prepare for Unforseen Consequences."
    "What does 'Prepare' mean? And 'Unforseen'? and 'Consequences'?"
    I give up on delivering my message, frustrated with the girl's lack of simple vocabulary, and approach a Nurse.
    "Heal them. Now." I tell her, shoving my warriors at her.
    "Welcome to our Pokemon Center!" she says. "Would you like us to heal your Pokemon back to perfect health?"
    "That's what I just said, is it not?"
    She gave me a blank look.
    "That means 'yes'," I clarified.
    "Ok, I'll take your Pokemon for a few seconds."
    "That's the point."
    "Thank you for waiting. We've restored your Pokémon to full health. We hope to see you again!"
    I left the Pokemon center. Are all people in Pewter City so simple?
    After giving my team a refreshing break, I have decided to work them into the ground until I deem them ready to take on the first Combine Advisor: Brock.
    Last edited by Cyndadile; 09-10-12 at 03:46 PM.

RPG Administrator

I have to say, I'm loving how you're using Half-Life as a basis for all your nicknames and your story overall! XD I can't wait for Black Mesa to come out this week.
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by NyteFyre View Post
    I have to say, I'm loving how you're using Half-Life as a basis for all your nicknames and your story overall! XD I can't wait for Black Mesa to come out this week.
    <3
    Can't wait to find a good Alyx.
    As for Black Mesa, I was so excited when I clicked on the website and saw the countdown. I'm kind of disappointed that they're not releasing Xen yet, but since they've apparently made it into a full-length game itself, it'll be totally worth the wait.

I only hope that I can do the Half Life series some justice with this. I'm not so sure that I can accurately mimic the G-Man, especially since we still don't know anything about him.

+ Reply to Thread