Since I got my own apartment I've been cooking for myself a fair amount, and some of the stuff I've made has turned out really well. (Most of the stuff in fact, it's pretty awesome to cook for yourself.) I thought I'd share a little bit and show a few photos of the stuff I made. Beware! Terrible photography! My hands are shaky I can't really help it.

This is cold udon with cut carrots and cucumbers. I put some soy sauce and sesame oil and green onions too. On the side there is chawanmushi, which is a Japanese steamed egg dish made with chicken stock. I did the steamed egg in a lazy way though and didn't pre-boil the water or run the egg through a sieve first, and didn't add chicken or mushrooms or any of the stuff, so it's not silky smooth though it's not too bad. But it's still one of my favourite dishes.

This is the brunch I made my roommate for Canadian thanksgiving. Just standard French toast, strawberries, cinnamon sugar and hashbrowned potatoes. Breakfast is the meal I've longest known how to make so it turned out well.

Another set of French toast I made for myself. Tried to arrange it nicely though it's kind of clumsy when I see it again.

Here's pepper New York steak with caramelized onions, steamed bok choy and mashed potatoes. Rare steak, of course.

This is a Chinese dish called Cai Fan which is pretty easy to make. You just cut up some Chinese sausage and cook it with the rice in the rice cooker, and five minutes or so before it's done you mix in some stirfried bok choy. I added two hardboiled eggs for some more variety.

Since a lot of you are in or starting college/university by now I assume some of you have started experimenting with recipes as well? Post them up here if you do, I'm missing someone to nerd out about food with since my roommate doesn't really care about cooking.