+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Offical Overworld Terrain?

  1. #1
    Snoozin' in the Patcave
    Pat's Avatar
    Status: Pat is offline
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: St. Louis
    Posts: 4

    Default Offical Overworld Terrain?

    Just curious if we have a full and official overworld terrain tileset?

    I've poked around here a bit but doesnt seem to be an official one anywhere

    Thanks!
    Last edited by Pat; 01-14-13 at 10:19 AM.

  2. #2
    Secret Agent
    Cyndadile's Avatar
    Status: Cyndadile is offline
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: Neo Bay
    Posts: 1,826

    Default

    I believe this is our latest tileset: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/92347724/Top...g%20Omega).png

  3. #3
    Better Than That Guy
    Black Temple Gaurdian's Avatar
    Status: Black Temple Gaurdian is offline
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Posts: 720

    Default

    Just like to point out that, iirc, that's made specifically for Topaz and shouldn't be used without permission.
    /covering all bases/

  4. #4
    Snoozin' in the Patcave
    Pat's Avatar
    Status: Pat is offline
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: St. Louis
    Posts: 4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Temple Gaurdian View Post
    Just like to point out that, iirc, that's made specifically for Topaz and shouldn't be used without permission.
    /covering all bases/
    Yeah i'm not planning on stealing or misusing anything.

    I'm actually working on a terrain editor to generate maps for pokemon; mainly because i'm trying to implement a few game programming concepts and this is a good avenue.

    I'm also trying my hand at programming a game engine. It looks like the biggest hurdle you guys have here is that you don't have a programmer to implement everything. But you guys literally have everything someone would need to actually make a game other than a programmer which is pretty impressive. I'm still relatively new to game programming but 2D games shouldn't be too hard.

  5. #5
    Secret Agent
    Cyndadile's Avatar
    Status: Cyndadile is offline
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: Neo Bay
    Posts: 1,826

    Default

    We actually have an engine for the game already. We're using a program called RPG Maker XP, as well as the Pokemon Essentials kit. BlackTempleGaurdian would have a better idea of what needs to be implemented, but it's mainly moves, abilities, etc. If you're familiar with the programming language "Ruby", it would be freat if you could look at this accuracy problem I keep hearing about. But again, BTG would have more information about that.

  6. #6
    Snoozin' in the Patcave
    Pat's Avatar
    Status: Pat is offline
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: St. Louis
    Posts: 4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyndadile View Post
    We actually have an engine for the game already. We're using a program called RPG Maker XP, as well as the Pokemon Essentials kit. BlackTempleGaurdian would have a better idea of what needs to be implemented, but it's mainly moves, abilities, etc. If you're familiar with the programming language "Ruby", it would be freat if you could look at this accuracy problem I keep hearing about. But again, BTG would have more information about that.
    Ah i see. I only know C-Based languages (Java, C, Javascript, etc) unfortunately. Though all a programming language is is just syntax; I'd be willing to take a swing at this accuracy problem

  7. #7
    Better Than That Guy
    Black Temple Gaurdian's Avatar
    Status: Black Temple Gaurdian is offline
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Posts: 720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Ah i see. I only know C-Based languages (Java, C, Javascript, etc) unfortunately. Though all a programming language is is just syntax; I'd be willing to take a swing at this accuracy problem
    Oh good, someone who knows what they're doing. I've been stabbing in the dark using what's already in place to macguyver most of the stuff, with a little help, so having someone who knows (even vaguely) what's going on will really help.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts