Closed Thread

Thread: Neo Bay: Silence is Golden

Default Neo Bay: Silence is Golden

Trainer's log: 02/13/2013

I'm surprised the Professor didn't think I was rude, what with me not saying anything and just pointing to the Echoise that seemed to perk up when I came near. He doesn't say his name like other Pokemon do, which makes this partnership that much better. But I think Professor Willow put "Silent Protagonist" on my registration, as if I'm some random do-gooder turned hero or something.

I left the lab and looked for an opponent, because that's clearly what you do as soon as you get a Pokemon: scout talent. Well that and find the unfortunate sap with a Celsinge. Everyone else was busy, so I just looked down at Echoise, suddenly wondering how he was even functioning on dry land in the first place.

As I stared quizzically at my flopping starter, I was approached by a rather vocal fellow trying to get me from blocking the door, which I was apparently doing. Since he was upset and had a Venap by his side, the dread of the inevitable rival battle hit me like a sack of potatoes.

And then it happened. He looks me dead in the eye, utters nonsense about respect, and then urges his Pokemon forward.

This was a long day, and what I'm writing is only the beginning. The best course of action would be to urge Echoise forward and use his Tail Whip attack.

What? You didn't think that just because I refuse to speak that I wouldn't be calling Pokemon attacks, did you? Come on, now! I'd have to be psychic to pull that off!
    Last edited by Angel Knight Phil; 03-03-13 at 01:10 PM.

Secret Agent

Echoise wags his tail disarmingly, surprising his opponent.

[Female] 26/26 [-1 Defense]

Venap doesn't let that stop her from slamming one of her vines into Echoise's side.

[Male] 20/25

Or at least I thought that was the best course of action...

Now Echoise was hurting while his opponent didn't have a scratch. So I decided to fix that by having Echoise use his Tackle attack.

Administrator

Echoise was quick to the punch, slamming into the vulnerable Venap for a good amount of damage. Venap took the hit and returned one of her own, however.

[15/25]
    [20/26] [-1 Defense]

That Tackle was so nice, I called it twice.

Secret Agent

Echoise happily obliges.
    [14/26] [-1 Defense]

Venap, on the other hand, does not appear to be thrilled. However, instead of complaining about her misfortune, she takes the opportunity to smack Echoise in the head with a vine, bringing the dolphin's joyous chatter to an abrupt end.
    [10/25]

That Tackle was so nice, I called it thrice. And then I got irritated by my laziness.

Secret Agent

Venap thinks that you're not the one who should be irritated.

The two Pokemon clash again, bringing each to a point of near-exhaustion.
    [9/26] [-1 Defense]

[5/25]

At that stage in the battle, I began to worry about Echoise's health. I just hoped my young Pokemon could come back from the disadvantage and win the battle, but my opponent was looking much better.

I did the only thing I could do: order another Tackle.

Administrator

Echoise sailed through the air, making its way to Venap. It was intent ramming the vulnerable plant but suddenly, the rush of air it felt in its face shifted, and soon Echoise felt it mostly on one cheek. What was happening. The ground was rushing up towards it might quick... had it - missed? Echoise slammed into the ground. Venap then stomped over and pounded it into oblivion.

Looks like you don't get your respect this time:

[Male] [0/25] [Fainted]
    [Female] [9/25] [-1 Defense]

Although you lost, Echoise clearly learned something! Ping! Level 6!

OOC: You may now buy items, finish up your rival story and proceed to Route 49

"Tch. Can't even defend yourself. If all trainers are like you, this should be an easy journey." He then walked away, heading towards Route 49.

The words echoed in my mind for a while. First Pokemon battle, and I lost. I had contemplated giving up right there, but something told me to follow him. To get stronger. And then maybe I could beat him.

I returned Echoise to his Pokemon, bought some items at the bazaar, and followed the rude man. What followed was the greatest journey of my life.

End log.

Closed Thread