Eliza tred silently over the bridge, the cool wind off of the water blowing her hair to the side. She tried to restrain it, but wasn't used to these kinds of things. She had felt wind before, but always in a place with an option to go indoors and a hairbrush. Perhaps that would be something she would have to find later: a hair tie.

The grass under her shoes felt a lot squishier than she had anticipated. I had likely rained the night before, the same storm system that nearly put her under the ocean.

She hadn't sent a letter home to her father when she was in Neo Bay.

She didn't intend to send him one from Sunset either.

Maybe in Softwind. Maybe, if Aunt Charlotte makes me.

He didn't deserve it. Eliza could hear his voice in her head, even across the ocean:
This is not a choice. You are to go to your Aunt Charlotte and spend some time there. And there can be no delay. Yes, the weather is bad, but I cannot wait a moment longer. No, you may not stay here without me. You may not. You will go with Mister Spencer to Softwind City and that will be the end of it.

Mister Spencer hadn't made it. Her father's butler had been with Eliza up until they were about to board the S.S. Clerisy. Eliza had taken measures. He was pulled aside by an elderly woman needing to get her suitcase up into the carriage she had waiting. He obliged, but before he knew it he was being pulled inside and driven off.
By now he would be released, home, and her father would know what she had done.
If I have to be here, I'd rather have some time to myself.

Eliza heard a rustling and stopped dead. She knew there must be Pokemon nearby, since the grass was starting to get taller. She had never fought a wild Pokemon before.
Hastily she released Echoise, who dropped beside her, tensed and ready to pounce. She had recovered from her battle with Venap, and seemed raring to go, confident even.
Eliza smiled and they stood their ground, waiting for the Pokemon just ahead of them to reveal itself.