+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Digital art I've done!

stuff

Default Digital art I've done!

Because I didn't have anything else witty to call the topic title. XP

I've recently gotten into at least attempting digital art, which I normally don't know how to do at all. So I decided I'd post anything I made online here in this topic, so I can see what people think! Keep in mind that I'm better at traditional art; I've almost never touche digital methods.

I made this for a Homestuck-loving friend after a four-people roleplay with her, my girlfriend, and another guy visiting my Vaporeon Pokesona's footwear shop and him giving them rain boots as a friendship gift! This is the pair from my Homestuck-friend, like I said, but I'll be posting more!

Thoughts/comments?

Administrator

The outline is really nice! Great job on that. I don't know how I feel about filling the space in between with a single texture. It doesn't allow you to do a lot of shading and such. All those little white dots are so much more complicated than the rest of the work that they clash a bit. It does fit the homestuck style quite a bit so if you were going for that then you've got it!

Secret Agent

It definitely has a Homestuck-y feel, and they're very well-shaped (which is more than I can say of most of my art). Very nice!

stuff

To be honest, I just edited some lineart, but it wasn't reallly lineart...just a diagram. =P Still, glad to know people like the edit at least.

Administrator

If you feel you're better at traditional art, one thing you can try is drawing things out on paper, scanning it and then tracing over it and colouring it digitally. Practically all the amazing artists do that anyway so I don't think it's cheating.

+ Reply to Thread