+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Now What?

Coder

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valued Topaz Contributor

Welcome back, BTG! Hey guys, I'll be around as much as I can with the first week of classes going on. Over the last couple of days, I've had to travel across two states to get from Mom's back home (annoyingly, by car), go through a ridiculous prep procedure for my medical test today, and get up at 5:15 to have it done and finally get my stomach problems diagnosed. So I've been a combination of tired and a little fried on anesthesia, but hopefully by tomorrow evening I'll be good to work again.

Coder

Hi everyone

If you remember I tried having a go at programming some of this a year ago. I had a little bit done, actually I was about up to the point inferno appears to be now with programming the demo. I can have a look to see what I've done and see if that may help. However things are very busy with university at the moment so don't really have much spare time but if I do I'm happy to help out on some programming stuff (very very basic!) or whatever else needs doing.

Brazilian Member

I'm Happy that a post I wrote set the forum on fire again
    A Classic is something that acquires the eternal aclamation: yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Coder

same thank u

Overworlder (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post
    I'm Happy that a post I wrote set the forum on fire again
    Let's hope it stays that way.
    http://www.pokemontopaz.net/ TOPAZ, AND PROUD OF IT!

http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/s...-Guy-s-Profile - My TRPG profile

Secret Agent

Sorry for the delay.
    Normal size:

Doubled size (for use in game):

Anything need changing?

Also, uh, funny story. I worked on making it shorter, since squishing things is really the part that requires a lot of rearranging. But it looks like I forgot about the width; the dimensions are 416*320, so it's 4 grid blocks too thin. Any suggestions on dealing with that? Should I try to rearrange the routes to be longer East-West, or add more "blank" land on either side? We could also probably add some flavor to the edges without expanding the map, like how in FRLG the map had the edges to the map (http://www.spriters-resource.com/res...ets/4/3864.png).

Brazilian Member

I like the "Frame" idea for the Map, it's an easy and classy way to solve the resolution problem without the redrawing
    A Classic is something that acquires the eternal aclamation: yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Coder

everything seems to fit close enough to work. a few things appear off by a very small amount but its remarkable how well it fits. even the tiny little green dots fit somehow. thank you

Administrator

I'd be happy with a map frame if it's necessary.

Eighty More Posts

I don't have much to offer skill wise, but I can definitely tell you everything you're doing wrong! Kidding, of course. I can try my hand at any graphics that are still needed, but don't expect much. I do better spriting when I'm editing a WIP sprite.

I'm back too. Although probably less excitement about that around here.

So how's the progress coming along on this? Sorry I've been really inactive recently, and I probably won't be super active for a while with school and all, but what free time I have will be dedicated to helping out! So what all needs some help finishing?

Secret Agent

Hello! I don't know what you're interested in, but if it's anything graphics-related, this thread is basically a list of what our priorities are: http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/s...eeded-For-Demo

Valued Topaz Contributor

I'll get back on the graphics I haven't finished as soon as I can. The semester is winding down and my free time should increase again. Sorry, guys. It's been a mess of a few months with 15 credit hours, my job, attempting to get things published (one of my short stories is in a magazine coming out this month), and dealing with the health issues. The test I mentioned in my last post diagnosed me with ulcerative colitis, which I've found out is essentially Crohn's but confined to one area. The medication the doctor gave me put me in the hospital with heart problems, so I had to switch again, and it's been ridiculous. It's made class/work/career harder to manage than they would've normally been. But it's looking like things are improving, so I should be around more soon.

Secret Agent

Ooof that really sucks, glad to hear things are improving though!

+ Reply to Thread