+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Complete PM Conversations

the Dragon Master

Question Complete PM Conversations

Basically, the idea is to see if it's possible to merge the inbox and sent messages together, so that a user could see both sides of their conversations with people.
    I was looking through mine (though a few years old) and was noticing how i could only access one side at a time, a lot like older cell phones when they introduced text messaging.
    However, with the newer designs for cell phones (and various IMs) users can see both sides of a given conversation.

Idk what the full technology is for the site design and such, but I figured, if it were possible to do this, it would certainly be useful. This way, sure, you could essentially send emails back and forth, but at least you'd know exactly what was going on, both ways.
    Unfortunately, due to the lower interaction on this site, i have no idea, if this should even be done right now. >.> Though, I do hope to see it go back up someday soon, but, if it doesn't, i wont be disappointed, if it proves to be that we cant streamline the messages some.
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

Administrator

This board is run on VBulletin 4 I believe. It was last updated years ago and our old web administrator Zeroality is not around any more to maintain and upgrade things as necessary. I don't really have the expertise to make any of the fixes you're suggesting, sorry! As you've mentioned, it's probably not worth it as this point anyway.

the Dragon Master

Alright, I understand. Just thought I'd run it by yall, see what yall thought mostly. But, again, I do hope we can get enough stuff going to warrant some decent upgrades and such.
    Also, I hope we can either get zeroality back, or maybe a new guy who could help with the site some. But, again not too important right now, so, I can surely wait

Secret Agent

Hey Merlin, nice to see you, and a spark of activity here! As for your question, when you look at your latest PM in a thread, check right below the "Quick Reply" section and you should see "Message History View History". If you click on the latter two words you'll see that full conversation (but not aaaallll messages with that user).

Example

I admit it was awkward to find, and I'm not entirely sure how I'd go about changing that; it does seem like showing the conversation like that makes more sense.

the Dragon Master

Ah, okay, I see that now. And, yeah, shows last message sent, not the full chat, but, still works well enough I guess. Thanks for pointing it out

Lol, and, also, I'm the same guy who was virus like a week ago, I just changed names, lol

Lol, and, yeah, I've been kinda floating around site, trying to research stuff, figure out where everything is in production, and, see if I an boost the activity level some, lol, making some progress, but, im sure it'll be a little bit before it catches back up again

Overworlder (I think)

Hey Merlin. Nice to see some activity here.
    http://www.pokemontopaz.net/ TOPAZ, AND PROUD OF IT!

http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/s...-Guy-s-Profile - My TRPG profile

+ Reply to Thread