So I apparently joined this forum... sometime in 2010? It seems that summer, right after graduating high school. I made a few posts because I enjoyed the direction the game was going, loved the original Pokemon designs, and was looking at Pokemon fangames (it seems the 2006-2012 era was huge for people starting fan games). Being that I started college a couple weeks later, I had my hands tied up so I likely forgot about this forum.

Well I recently saw some recommended videos of people playing Pokemon fan games on YouTube, and that's when I remembered this one! Yep, forgot about it for like 9 years.

Sad to see it never got finished, or even a demo. There was another game I was also following called Pokemon Acanthite, which... the official website for it seems to no longer exist! I remember it having a wiki-like website with a Pokedex and everything! Nothing came of that either. Or others I followed back then.

But this website was easy to find (one of the first Google results) and is exactly as I recalled.

Anyhow, it's so odd to see how much has changed and been added to official Pokemon games, then compare some of the ideas of this one... when I found out about this one, it was before Black and White were even released.

For example, while Light type is likely the most commonly used fan type, although we never got it, we did get Fairy which is... sorta like that? Probably the closest to it. And oddly enough, we got a starter Pokemon that is Water/Fairy in Gen 7. Albeit not a dolphin... we still don't have an official dolphin Pokemon. Which sucks because I love dolphins. Maybe Gen 8?

Meanwhile, the Kelvoyant line seems to have pre-dated very similar Pokemon to it... like a combination of Pyroar and Delphox.

We also offically got a Fire/Bug line, an Electric zebra, a Grass/Ghost jack-o-lantern 2-part line, a pure Flying type Pokemon (including counterparts that are Ground or Electric... no Ice though), an official Steel/Ghost with a sword... I guess great minds think alike? (Or someone from Game Freak was looking to random fan games for ideas :P)

And with the Spaceworld '97 Gold & Silver demo leaked, we know there was originally to be prevos for Growlithe and Vulpix! Weird coincidence.

So are we allowed to discuss other Pokemon fan games on here? Also, what's your thoughts on Gen 8 so far?

Glad to find these forums still around though, if anyone ever reads this!