+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Playing (Games)

Spriter and Gym designer

Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    pokemon hard gold
    best un-offical pokemon game yet
    That's a lie! Topaz is the best! (Unless it doesn't count because it isn't complete)

Anyways, I'm playing Zack and Wiki (That game is hard.)

Secret Agent

Minecraft.

stuff

RuneScape, Rune Factory, LoZ: Collectors Edition, DK Country Returns, and HeartGold.

Planning on playing Spore again soon.

LoZ: Twilight Princess (intermittently; wandering around twilight-covered Hyrule Fields, trying to figure out how to bust through one of the exits), SSBB (probably gonna try another campaign sometime soon, but for now just doing occasional random brawls)....and of course, various sports resort minigames. Kinda glued to the Wii at the moment.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    ― Douglas Adams

"Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!" - The Doctor

sonic riders
    on ps2
    the rudest name SEGA could give this game
    they should of called it sonic: grab some air!
    TRPG profile

3DS Friend code: 3711-7748-4916
    I has X, Looking for Y stones, will trade for good stuff.

aut vincere aut mori

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box.

I love this franchise and will definitely grab the others as soon as I get enough cash that isn't already going toward B/W.

stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ragingprimeape View Post
    I believe they are coming out with one for the 3DS.

Also, going to get back into the Animal Crossing franchise, and redownload the original Paper Mario off of Virtual Console.

Secret Agent

Yes! Can't wait for #4!

I believe 5 is the 3DS one.

Eighty More Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndadile View Post
    Yes! Can't wait for #4!

I believe 5 is the 3DS one.
    I got the unwound future...

Administrator

Fire Emblem: Fuuin No Tsurugi. Again.

Over the holidays I finished Professor Layton and the Curious Village in one day (117 of the puzzles, at least), and am currently playing the Diabolical Box whenever my brother comes home on Fridays. I also started Kingdom Hearts and got to the Deep Jungle but am a little unmotivated to continue.

Also quite a while ago I finished the entire Ace Attorney + Investigations series. Which were excellent. (Apollo might not be as cool as Phoenix but the game was definitely the best in the series, narrowingly EDGing out (ha I made a funny) the original)

Eighty More Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    (ha I made a funny) the original)
    i believe it is called a pun lol

Administrator

A few friends and I are doing a Fire Emblem Eliwood Hard Mod draft tournament.

You get 4-5 people, draft 7 characters and get Eliwood, Marcus, Athos and Merlinus for free, and that's your team. Undrafted characters can only trade, shop, rescue undrafted characters and find items in the desert. Winner is the person who completes the game in the least number of turns.

It's tons of fun! It's only been 4 days and I'm already on the final chapter (the joys of speedruns), which I'm waiting on for the moment. Marcus is ridiculously good, even now.

I'm into League of Legends, Starcraft 2, and Minecraft and i host a survival server for the latter.

All spectacularly nerdy games XD
    ö¿ö

Resident Composer

Quote Originally Posted by MeekRhino View Post
    I'm into League of Legends, Starcraft 2, and Minecraft and i host a survival server for the latter.

All spectacularly nerdy games XD
    I enjoy all of the above games - especially the former two. :P
    Haven't checked out the Pokemon Topaz Soundtrack? Click HERE!

Like my music and still want to hear more? Check out my compositions at IR's Music Corner!

What league are you in on sc2? And what server do you play on (for both)?
    ö¿ö

Resident Composer

I'm a noobie platinum player in SC2. I'm on the US east server. I don't really remember what server I'm in for the other...

Like my music and still want to hear more? Check out my compositions at IR's Music Corner!

Lol, if platinum makes you a noob, I must be a total noob. I was gold for a very long time, then decided to randomly start playing zerg, which obviously raped my win/loss ratio. Now I'm in silver, happily sucking as zerg.
    ö¿ö

Resident Composer

Zerg is my main, too! I'd probably drop to gold if I were to do ladder games again, it's been a little while... might be a tad rusty.

Dude we should totally 1v1
    For the lulz. But this deosn't really belong here.....

Just listened to your music. My friends and I are in awe.
    ö¿ö

Administrator

I finished the Fire Emblem draft in 229 turns with the team:
    Eliwood
    Marcus
    Athos
    Merlinus
    (Those were the free characters)
    Kent
    Florina
    Serra
    Lowen
    Pent
    Isadora

Most of my choices were excellent. Serra was a little underwhelming (8 MAG on the final chapter!?) but still did tons of useful stuff and was generally nice to have around in a few chapters. Florina was extraordinarily underwhelming. I used the Angelic Robe, Energy Ring and Speedwings on her and she still turned out bad enough that I didn't field her in the final chapter. (Every stat besides HP was below Isadora). Every other character was ridiculously good except Isadora, who was merely decent (great for the first few chapters, then less impressive later). Eliwood benefited from Anima Tactician and Afa's Drops (he and Kent were the only characters I didn't promote early, him especially since he had a storyline promotion so it was late anyway) and so ended up getting ridiculous gains.

aut vincere aut mori

Priscilla owns Serra, every time. Isadora lacks enough con to take advantage of her speed. And Marcus in FE7 is underrated. When I first played FE I used him sparingly, and he actually ended up okay. And Florina is usually good, that's odd.

I busted out my White ROM again. I'm too impatient to wait until march.

Administrator

And Marcus in FE7 is underrated. When I first played FE I used him sparingly, and he actually ended up okay.
    I suck horribly at Fire Emblem games. When I started playing FE7, I abused the hell out of Marcus and he ended up getting all the level-ups. Then by the time I get to Wallace, him and Marcus are the only one capable of beating the bosses after that point.

So as I played more, my other chars were getting mowed down because I gave Marcus/Wallace all the exp.

Secret Agent

Preordered white.

Playing SS now, and Entei hates me. Got Suicune, though.

I preordered black....are you racist?? I kid. I have ~4 lvl100's on my HG
    ö¿ö

Administrator

@ragingprimeape: I would have loved to have Priscilla, but unfortunately my friend had first pick and drafted her before I could. (I made the mistake of second-picking Florina instead of Sain or Priscilla, both of whom would have been better additions in hindsight). Isadora was like 6th pick, was great for 4-5 chapters, and did fine with the Body Ring I gave her. On practically all counts she was better than Florina, and it was her or some loose character with low Move, which would have been bad with my huge number of mounted units.

@Zeroality: I know that's how everyone thinks of it, but that's not really how it happened for me. I Marcus-skipped more than half of the game, and practically all my units turned out fine, even though I was on Hard Mode. I abused Marcus so bad I was pretty worried that all my characters would suck. However, a few things prevented it from really screwing me:
    - Marcus with a Dracoshield turns out fine stat-wise for the whole game.
    - Once Marcus stopped pulling the entire game by himself practically, Pent comes in and rocks.
    - When that's not enough, Harken came in and was equally ridiculous (especially with Boots)
    - Lowen and Kent managed to keep up most of the time and earn themselves a lot of EXP.
    - When you have only 5 characters that actually need experience (Eliwood, Lowen, Kent, Florina, Isadora), there's more than enough to go around.

Remember, I was doing a speed run, so I was going to 1-star EXP rank anyway.

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by MeekRhino View Post
    I preordered black....are you racist?? I kid. I have ~4 lvl100's on my HG

That's why I prefer white.
    Last edited by Cyndadile; 02-13-11 at 08:35 PM.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I never look at any of the pokemon, cities, routes, etc before hand! I prefer to be surprised as I go.
    ö¿ö

Secret Agent

Sorry.

aut vincere aut mori

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    @ragingprimeape: I would have loved to have Priscilla, but unfortunately my friend had first pick and drafted her before I could. (I made the mistake of second-picking Florina instead of Sain or Priscilla, both of whom would have been better additions in hindsight). Isadora was like 6th pick, was great for 4-5 chapters, and did fine with the Body Ring I gave her. On practically all counts she was better than Florina, and it was her or some loose character with low Move, which would have been bad with my huge number of mounted units.
    Oh, you drafted characters. That explains some of the choices then. It would seriously suck to not end up with a healer of some sort, but Marcus is great for hard mode. I think you just got unlucky with Florina though.

Administrator

I know I got unlucky with Florina, but it probably more has to do with the fact that the draft didn't allow Lyn Mode and so Florina was woefully underlevelled and fragile when I got her. She's already so fragile in Lyn Mode I feel like ditching her, now with one Angelic Robe's worth less of HP and beginning on the fifth chapter at level 2, I was lucky I could even use her for flier utility (which she was decently useful for, just not able to skip past chapters with).

I do have to say though, Pent is a first-pickable character now that I've played through (A staff rank and 21 base magic is enough to make anyone immediately first-pickable) and I got him fifth, which kind of blows my mind in hindsight. Harken was awesome but made me wait so many turns on the Pale Flower of Darkness level. I think the peace of mind makes up for the turns he lost though.

Still No MIDI Keyboard

I'm doing some modmaking in Neverwinter Nights 2! After a month of waiting, I finally have it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndadile View Post
    Minecraft.
    This too.

the Dragon Master

let's see...
    Pokemon, Zelda, Smash Bros. Melee....
    yeah like 3 of my fave Nintendo games so far...
    with pokemon i'm playing Sapphire and Leaf green only cause i dont have a ds to play Diamond...
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

You mean you never got to play gen4? Cuz if so, that sucks.
    ö¿ö

Administrator

@Virus: Lucky you, all my friends have moved on to Brawl already :/

I prefer Melee also.
    ö¿ö

Eighty More Posts

im playing jc's avatar for ps3

Halo. For PC. Yup, the original...on Easy (playing through the first time mostly to see the storyline and watch stuff die really quickly). I'm still dying a little too often, ut it's fun. Also, the chapter-thingy titles are amusing.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    ― Douglas Adams

"Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!" - The Doctor

Spriter and Gym designer

SoulSilver. My friend said that we should try to play through our SoulSilvers using only the starter Pokemon and HM slaves. So far I've beaten the first gym leader, but I haven't gotten much farther.

Secret Agent

Pokemon White.

Administrator

Dream World is where Pokemon can have abilities that they normally would not get otherwise. It's a very popular metagame on Pokemon Online. Let me list a few examples, based off of the usage statistics.

Chandelure gets Shadow Tag (probably going to be banned to Ubers in DW due to this, as it makes a number of Pokemon completely non-viable)

Tyranitar gets Unnerve - Preventing the opponent from using their berries can be useful.

Blaziken gets Speed Boost - Combined with Baton Pass, this has become one of the most used setup Pokemon.

Breloom gets Technician - Mach Punch being boosted. What more could you ask for? Not to mention the 30% paralyze Force Palm.

Conkeldurr gets Iron Fist - All punch moves being boosted. HURR DURR

You get the idea. These Pokemon can only have these abilities in Dream World.

Another thing worth noting that you may not know is that the Eviolite is an extremely useful held item that adds 50% to both Def and SpDef for ALL Pokemon that have an evolved form.

So that means it will work on Happiny and Chansey, but not Blissey. Chansey is actually used more than Blissey now, thanks to this.

+ Reply to Thread