+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Now Playing (Games)

Secret Agent

I'm glad I started with Sacred Stones, then. Actually, the reason I started it was because it looked similar to Pokemon Conquest, and I wanted to see if I'd like that game.

The reason that I like Lute is that she never dies. I'm not sure why. Also, she's a mage, and mages are awesome.

I'm beginning to like Arthur, but at first he didn't seem to do nearly as much damage as Lute.

I fineshed sacred stones using only artur, ross, joshua, ewan, and natasha, good game
    TRPG profile

3DS Friend code: 3711-7748-4916
    I has X, Looking for Y stones, will trade for good stuff.

Administrator

There are certain things about Sacred Stones that are a little off-putting though. Creature Campaign/Tower of Valni are awesome for after you finish the game, but Valni-grinding can make the game a little easy if you decided that you want to get to some of the basement levels for phat l00t, and it really doesn't help that Seth can basically solo the whole game by himself while rescuing Eirika for half of it. It's also got fewer characters and is pretty short. What is nice though, is branched promos and that each of the characters gets some stuff to say and development within the story, which is a lot more than can be said for a lot of the other FEs (FE6, FE11, FE12, even Radiant Dawn to some extent).

I finished the game in 180 turns? You probably took that long grinding Ewan to a point where he was usable haha.

Oh, and I did an FE7 EHM draft for my first draft. I ended up losing by three turns because I had to wait two-three turns for Harken, and because I brainfarted and drafted Serra over Priscilla in a team full of Cavaliers/Paladins D: Didn't help that my Florina was ridiculously strength-screwed that whole game.

Secret Agent

Seth is pretty awesome. I'm having a lot of trouble with chapter 6 (place with the fog where you have to rescue people); I've had to restart around 20 times. Clearly, I don't know what I'm doing. I could use somewhere to level up my people.

Administrator

Yeah, that's one of the tougher early maps. I'd say probably the only harder map is Ephraim route Ghost Ship which is actually infuriating. For the draft I didn't bother with saving the civilians, it would have taken too many turns and I didn't have Vanessa. If your Vanessa is strong you can just send her there. Be very careful about sending Franz out too far because of the various weapons that are strong against cavalry. I ended up placing Colm in a safe spot on the hills so that he could see incoming threats, then using a formation to keep frailer units like Eirika at the back or in the centre, and putting more resilient units like Joshua in front. Once you reach the fortresses stick it out there and make very good use of vulneraries, and careful for the reinforcements flanking your back.

I beat the map on hard mode with just Eirika, Artur, Colm and Joshua in 9 turns. With Seth, Franz, Vanessa, and actual healers like Moulder and Natasha you should have enough of a formation to keep most of your fragile units safe. After chapter 8 you'll have infinite Tower of Valni grinding to level up your units, so just stick it out until then.

aut vincere aut mori

There's a runthrough of Sacred Stones Hard Mode where all characters have 0% growth rates (so your only method of increasing stats is statboosters), and Seth was shown to still beast mode the entire game through the end. He completed the game in this manner in 119 turns somehow.

The same guy has done 0% growth runs of 6, 7, 10, and 11 as well, but 8 was the best turncount (which makes sense as it is the shortest). I didn't like how short Sacred Stones was, but the postgame stuff was a nice addition.

Seth is just a short way of saying overpowered...
    TRPG profile

Administrator

Well Titania, Radiant Dawn Haar, Shadow Dragon Shiida and Sigurd all give him a run for his money.

True, but Seth is still badass
    People say Marcus is Just as powerful, but I find Kent and Sain are beasts, oh and Hector!
    TRPG profile

Administrator

FE7 Marcus is truly amazing, but not gamebreaking. He's awesome early and easily the best unit until something like Chapter 26 or so, but yeah Kent and Sain catch up. Especially if you went through Lyn mode and promoted Sain, Sain might even catch up earlier. FE6 Marcus, on the other hand... (Well, he's kind of necessary for Chapter 1 at least, those 32 HP Bandits that 2HKO all your units)

serra is a good bishop, and canas is a deadly druid,
    And heath...

also just got latios on rumble blast. adding to list of of overpowered beasts...
    TRPG profile

Administrator

I actually don't like Heath that much. He comes really late, with kind of bad speed and it's a chapter that you can do in 3 turns by just killing Eubans. And he looks kind of weird. And you get Isadora that map! She's pretty useful for a little while! Serra would be nice if not for a couple things: Lucius gets C staves on promote, Pent is already an amazing staff user/magic nuke and Priscilla has a horse. That said she's still not half bad.

Secret Agent

I think I'm almost done with Sacred Stones... next I'll have to beat it on Ephiram's story. Then I'll probably get Pokemon Conquest.

Administrator

Word of advice for Ephraim's route. Duessel is INSANE on that route. He's pretty bad in Eirika's but on Ephraim's he's basically Seth #2. Have fun with your unkillable steamrolling tank

Secret Agent

Yeah, well I've been having trouble on Eirika's route because I won't let people die, but Arthur keeps getting himself killed. I mean, Arthur one-hits a dozen guys in a row, than a person with 10% chance of hitting and 10% chance of critical hit comes and takes him down. It's kind of frustrating.

By the way, happy late birthday!

Administrator

Yeah Arthur's really fragile. In the last bunch of chapters I basically never put him into combat and instead used him to warp Myrrh around. Yeah, my Ephraim ended up at level 3 promoted since he basically didn't do anything after the desert chapter. Myrrh basically did everything once she was strong enough to handle things.

Picked up DOA: Dimensions, returned it and got OoT 3D instead!
    Best gaming Decision i've ever made!
    TRPG profile

DOUBLE POST!!!

Downloaded an ROM of Pokemon Conquest, it's flippin' brilliant!
    TRPG profile

Secret Agent

Playing Scribblenauts (the original), this time to get gold starites on every level. I'm really looking forward to Scribblenauts Unlimited.

Administrator

Hm... I decided to try not to pirate games after I was finished with FFTA2 (which I am loving by the way, because Luso is a ridiculous hedonist) but Pokemon Conquest is throwing a wrench in that plan. I may have to break down, buy a 3DS and get it... (or guiltily pirate it)

RPG Administrator

Heh, Pokemon Conquest is only for the DS, though, it's not 3DS exclusive.

I bought myself a Vita! And I've already Beaten Gravity Rush! It was fun, but short without the expansion packs. I also recieved Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention as a graduation gift alongside my vita! I'm kind of addicted to it, and Skyrim, which I also got!
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

The Wandering Cowboy

Right now, I'm in the progress of beating Grandia II. Managed to beat the Tongue of Valmar recently.....well, if recently counts as 6 months ago. xD

Secret Agent

Just got a free Porygon for Pokemon White, and finished Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs. I think I'm almost going to give in and get Pokemon Conquest.

kung fu panda and lego indiana jones II on xbox =D
    TRPG profile

Secret Agent

Tried to get Conquest, but everywhere is sold out.

Secret Agent

Got Scribblenauts Unlimited today. I kind of built up a lot of expectations for it, which usually isn't a good thing. But so far, it's a pretty good game. I haven't gotten too far yet, but it's fun.

RPG Administrator

I've been playing a lot of Skyrim recently, with AC III interspersed here and there. I just wish more people played Terraria, cause it's a lot funner with friends.

recently been playing a mix of SSBB, ACIII and minecraft.
    TRPG profile

Administrator

To relax a bit before beginning to study for my exam tomorrow I've been playing some Torchlight (1). I'm playing a Vanquisher at the moment. I made a really sad mistake where I tried to enchant my already crazy overpowered weapon (133 life on hit fastest attack speed rifle with good DPS) and it removed all the enchantments. Then I sold it and thought there would be other good weapons in the shop but the two good ones I had seen before weren't in the shop any more.

Overworlder (I think)

Slender. Super scary, super horrifying game, yet so addictive.
    http://www.pokemontopaz.net/ TOPAZ, AND PROUD OF IT!

http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/s...-Guy-s-Profile - My TRPG profile

Administrator

Just played and finished Bastion, and it was breathtaking. Just every element was presented perfectly and beautifully and executed really powerfully. I'm trying to think back to the last game I enjoyed that much. Maybe Okami or Radiant Dawn.

エックス 抗体

Woah woah woah are you kidding me did I miss the ENTIRE discussion on Sacred Stones? I've been kinda half-marathoning the games because Awakening is out next month (just pre-ordered it) and I got FE7 just last Christmas (I used to play it on emulator).
    And yet even with all the games I've never finished I recently finished off my second Sacred Stones run and I'm just starting my third! I went through both modes on normal first, and I'm doing an all-mounted Eirika HM run now. Well, mostly mounted. I'm not using Seth because I don't like his archetype in general and despite his beastliness I hate to use him, and I'm saving Duessel and L'Arachel for my Ephraim HM run of 'rightful Sacred Twin owners' where I paired off the weapons to people that can use them that are from that nation. I've planned out my playthroughs to a T.
    Except chapter 5 is proving a pain in the ARSE at the moment because Neimi is fragile and that one try where she didn't die and I was almost done Franz died in the arena because he missed (with 80%) and got hit by the knight (with like what, 40%?). I've been so messed over by hit rates in this game even in the first 5 chapters of hard mode and then I decided to take a break and play Path of Radiance instead.
    I'm playing 3 other Fire Emblem games right now, 2 of which (FE7,FE9) are in the 2- chapters, FE12 which is on like prologue vi and then there's Shadow Dragon that's on the final chapter that I can't even be fluffed to try. And I plan on finishing all these by Awakening release.

Don't even ask me how I have time to sprite I'm a bit confused by this as well.
    Previously PapaLuLu27.

Administrator

Heh, yeah one of the awesome things about Fire Emblem is that everyone can play it in their own way. Do you even have to use the arena though? Tower of Valni is a fair amount safer if you're looking for the extra experience, and otherwise unless you're using trainees and more units than necessary experience isn't really even that much of an issue. I find archers in general not named Rolf or Shinon are more trouble than they're worth. Louise is also fine I guess and Rebecca if you want to deal with getting her to the necessary level becomes pretty good afterward. But Neimi, Wolt, Dorothy, Wil, Leonardo, all of them take like forever to level since usually you can only get experience on the player phase.

Secret Agent

I need to get my own copy of Sacred Stones, I really enjoyed it (although I never finished). But maybe I'll just settle on getting Awakening at some point, I didn't realize it was coming out so soon.

This Christmas I got pretty much every Sonic game on Steam, so I started raising Chao in Sonic Adventure 2 (Knuckles levels are awesome in that game) and have been going through Sonic 3 & Knuckles as Knuckles.

A also got Pokemon White 2, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Psychonauts, Left 4 Dead, and The Walking Dead, but I haven't really started them. I have enough games to last me until next Christmas.

RPG Administrator

I got Paper Mario: Sticker Star as well. I've more or less finished it. In my opinion, it's great as a stand-alone game, but it doesn't really compare with the first 2 Paper Mario games in the series.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, i still have my GC version of that! The Chao take forever, but are cool. I prefer Sonic and Shadow levels, though Knuckles' are cool too. I also have the first 4 sonic games and the knuckles equivalents for the DS.

I'm probably the only one here who has never and will never play a FE game.

Quote Originally Posted by NyteFyre View Post
    I'm probably the only one here who has never and will never play a FE game.
    YOUR DEAD TO ME... jk.
    Thinking of picking upSkrim.
    Yay or Nay?
    TRPG profile

RPG Administrator

Yay

Secret Agent

I got Oblivion a while ago, and it's pretty good. I didn't enjoy it enough to want Skyrim, but that's partially because I'm really cheap. I only got a bunch of games this Christmas because they were at least 75% off on Steam. It's a nice, open-world game.

エックス 抗体

@IB: I don't have to go to the arena but I do like the extra cash and Franz is pretty good at it. Plus Natasha needs to small healgrind that comes with it. I don't use archers often, but seeing as this is an all-mounted run I'm going with Neimi as ranger. She's not a bad archer at all, about the same as Rebecca, she just takes a bit longer to get out of her habit of dying. I get a Dragonshield this chapter, so she's probably getting that, seeing as how Lute can hold her own a lot better. Also, Rolf, Shinon and Rebecca are NOTHING if you've ever played Shadow Dragon and used Norne. Holy crap Norne.
    Previously PapaLuLu27.

I got animal crossing : let's go to the city(or city folk for all you 'MURICANS!) for xmas.
    And fuck me. I. Love. It.
    TRPG profile

+ Reply to Thread