+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions/Farewells Topic

Hi, my name is Fauna and I come from a distant forum known as Tesera with thousands of active members. I am highly experienced in photoshop and 3d modeling programs. I stumbled on to this site and it looks really cool! If someone could give me some advice and show teach me a little though a response to this post or through a PM that would be great.

Administrator

The FAQ is a bit outdated but has most of the information on Topaz.

We're currently working on getting trainer sprites, item sprites, and overworld sprites ready for the demo. We've also recently gotten a new programmer, who has posted a thread of his progress.

Information is generally scattered throughout the forums, but some of it is organized on the site. If you're interested in something, just ask and someone will be glad to reply. Welcome!

Still No MIDI Keyboard

I'm back and- OMG! New coder! Long absences seem to be my thing, and now it seems I'm turning into IR- *shotbyIR*

Resident Composer

Quote Originally Posted by STT View Post
    I'm back and- OMG! New coder! Long absences seem to be my thing, and now it seems I'm turning into IR- *shotbyIR*
    Very good, it seems my music spores are working perfectly - BE ASSIMILATED INTO THE SWARM!

Er... welcome back!
    Haven't checked out the Pokemon Topaz Soundtrack? Click HERE!

Like my music and still want to hear more? Check out my compositions at IR's Music Corner!

Going to be unactive for the next 3 weeks, probably will be popping in everyone now and then though. AP exams coming up and I have a lot of projects and studying to do. Afterwards going to try and get a few concept arts in.

Secret Agent

Going to be gone the first half of next week (vacation-ish) and the last half of the week after (FIRST Robotics Championship).

hello!
    i was on the old topaz forum four years ago but i left
    i decided to come and see if you have made any progress. is there still no demo???

edit: why can't i change my avatar? it says i dont have sufficent privileges?

RPG Administrator

You have to make about 10 posts before you can change your Avatar, I believe, but be warned that spam will be deleted.

Anyway, welcome (back) to the forums! Hope you have a great time back.

No, no Demo yet, however, we recently had a great programmer join us, Konrad, and he has been putting in a great effort into putting together everything we have so far into a feesable Demo. You can check out his progress here!
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

alright, thanks! i won't spam, it's not my style

where could i post if i want to criticize some of the Topaz sprites and pokemon designs (you do want constructive criticism, don't you?)? would Topaz graphics be the best place for this?
    i also thought Topaz pokemon since i have something to say about the designs too but don't really want to make separate threads :?

Spriter and Gym designer

Yeah, I'd suggest Topaz Graphics. Some of the graphics are somehow in Topaz Pokemon, though, so start in those places. Make sure you're referring to more recent posts, though. Also, I don't think the designs of the Pokemon can be changed at this point.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Not really wither, but I'd just like to say that exams are done and I do not currently have a job, so in the interim I'm going to try and get a whole bunch done on the various projects I've been doing. We'll see how motivated I really am, but expect at least some more actual activity from me over the next few weeks.

Resident Composer

Quote Originally Posted by Reliability View Post
    Not really wither, but I'd just like to say that exams are done and I do not currently have a job, so in the interim I'm going to try and get a whole bunch done on the various projects I've been doing. We'll see how motivated I really am, but expect at least some more actual activity from me over the next few weeks.
    This is good news. And yippee for the end of the semester! Unfortunately, I will probably remain as productive as I have been because I'm taking spring classes and will be retaining my job.
    Haven't checked out the Pokemon Topaz Soundtrack? Click HERE!

Like my music and still want to hear more? Check out my compositions at IR's Music Corner!

Administrator

I should've posted before disappearing for a few days, sorry. I had a couple of things to do and such.

I'll be getting some Topaz work done early this week. I have to do the icons, and there's a bunch of stuff for me to upload to the site.

aut vincere aut mori

I'll be backpacking until... Saturday. Until then, stay out of trouble!

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSentinel View Post
    I'll be backpacking until... Saturday. Until then, stay out of trouble!
    Bye rage/SilentSentinel!

*Waits for him to leave* Let's hold a party!

Administrator

Have fun ragingprimeape. I'm kind of interested in where you're going since the only place I know it good to backpack around is Europe...

hay im back and i have new ideas and sprites for the game
    I'm backish, i think at least

aut vincere aut mori

Back! My family went and backpacked the Lost Coast, IB. It's in Northern California, nearish to Shelter Cove, although no one knows where that is. The weather kinda sucked, but it was really fun anyway.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSentinel View Post
    backpacked the Lost Coast

Secret Agent

Top rookie team for our division in the championships in St. Louis!

Default Hey

Hey guys, I'm White Yoshi. I enjoy video games, Pokemon, making GFX, Mario, music production, that kind of stuff. Pokemon Topaz looks really cool, I can't wait to play whatever demo or beta is already or going to be released.

aut vincere aut mori

Hello and welcome! We don't have anything released yet but are currently in production of a beta. So stick around!

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Sup. I'm going on a conference weekend concerning some charity events for the summer and September. I don't know if I'll have internet, but if I do I doubt I'll have time to check anyway. I expect at least 15 posts for when I get back, or you will all face dire consequences when I return.

Administrator

Have fun Reliability!

Secret Agent

Have a nice trip! What kind of charity events did you discuss?

Now we need 13 more people to wish him a good trip! Then he will have his 15 posts!

Spriter and Gym designer

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndadile View Post
    Now we need 13 more people to wish him a good trip! Then he will have his 15 posts!
    Well in that case, have fun at charity...event...place... yeah.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

You guys hit 8. ...
    The events are in conjunction with my university's Orientation Week. We support the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and the Terry Fox Foundation.

Secret Agent

Reli, you are a good person.

hi c: please call me weavile. i finally made an account on here after hearing so many things about this site, and would like to take part, perhaps? i'll be sure to enjoy my time on here, though.
    (sorry if i seem a bit stupid, but i wanted to post one of the pokemon i drew, but where would i..? i'd also like to do more drawings of the pokemon that topaz has.)

Administrator

Hi Weavile! The Topaz Graphics forum would be the right place. Glad to have you here!

Administrator

Great stuff mate. Good to have new members, especially ones that draw as well as you.

Administrator

I'm going camping until Wednesday. See you then!

Right...

So I was digging around the internet for some time, and I came across this forum. From what I've seen so far, the hack looks rather interesting, and I've decided to join in the hopes of keeping track of the progress, probably just like a lot of other people. I'd say I'd help out any way I could, but my knowledge of spriting is a bit too basic to be of use to anyone, and I have no coding experience to speak of. So I suppose I'm just here to watch.

stuff

Welcome! One thing you should know, though: Topaz is NOT a hack.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Flynt View Post
    I'd say I'd help out any way I could, but my knowledge of spriting is a bit too basic to be of use to anyone, and I have no coding experience to speak of.
    Actually one of the things we need done right now is filling out information for our Pokemon in a database file. Stuff like base stats, level up moves, learned moves, TM/HM moves, gender ratio, etc. All the juicy goodies that make up a full Pokedex of Pokemon.

The only skills needed are the ability to read and type. Let us know if you're interested in helping.

Other than that, nice to see you. As Pikang pointed out, Pokemon Topaz is not a ROM hack. It is a custom-made fan game that will be done in RPG Maker XP.

Eighty More Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flynt View Post
    Right...

So I was digging around the internet for some time, and I came across this forum. From what I've seen so far, the hack looks rather interesting, and I've decided to join in the hopes of keeping track of the progress, probably just like a lot of other people. I'd say I'd help out any way I could, but my knowledge of spriting is a bit too basic to be of use to anyone, and I have no coding experience to speak of. So I suppose I'm just here to watch.
    This would't be going on for 5 years if it was a hack but opinions and critique are good ways to contribute

Ohai there.

Hello, all! Some of you may know me from other forums under the same username that appears at the left of this box of text.

I found this customized Pokémon game from clicking on Zeroality's sig on the PO forums out of curiosity. From what I've seen, it looks like it's coming along smoothly.

While I don't have much skill in coding or graphics on the computer (I have some drawing ability, though), I have a somewhat good sense of balance and can help out with most of the elements of that Pokédex.

Administrator

Welcome Noog! I see you've already posted on one of our revamp topics, and that's a large project that mostly fits the skillset you've described, so I hope to see you on that forum more often!

"We nicknamed her Bean"

I going away for another weekend, this time to do training for my university's orientation week, which I am volunteering for. I'll be back on Sunday.

Secret Agent

Bye Reli!

I'm going to be visiting relatives tomorrow, so I'll be gone for... I don't know. More then a day, less than a year. Probably about a week. I hope you can survive without me.

Is 20 new posts too much to ask for while I'm gone?

+ Reply to Thread