+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions/Farewells Topic

Secret Agent

Internet, thou art as beautiful as I remember. And now I have 48 posts to read.

RPG Administrator

Welcome back Cynda! -highfives-
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

TKD Black belt

hi cyndadile!
    DOOM

RESHIRAM

hello pokepeople

TKD Black belt

hello pokeperson
    DOOM

the Dragon Master

THE VIRUS COMETH!!!!
    Yes I have returned after many months of (primarily forgetfulness and attempted projects).
    I had only meant to be gone for only a couple of weeks but everytime i tried getting on here at the library the danged pc messed up and refused my logging in on this site.... (don't know why but i figured i'd try again today and huzzah i've succeeded!!!!)
    now my pc's still dead but we've found the problem and are working on it---to the best of our abilities that is...
    sadly half the projects i've been trying to work on have come to a grinding halt as i've stalled out without access to games and the stuff on my pc...
    (we've had to cut back on gaming in my house for a while to work something out)
    but i'm back and shall try to work on this game (however much is left of it anyway) again and hopefully get back into pokemon as well....
    also sorry for the major rambling here....
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

RPG Administrator

It's been quite a while, hasn't it? Well, welcome back, friend.

Administrator

Welcome back, Virus.

Valued Topaz Contributor

Hey, guys. Sorry I've been away for so long. I've been drowning in a sea of things to do, and having trouble keeping my head above the water. I self-published my book, and am working on the sequel to it, as well as a separate book with my best friend (this one just hit 200 pages, and we may be finished by Christmas, if all goes according to plan). This on top of school, extra-curriculars, and going between states is making my head spin. I'm going to try to be around somewhat, and do what I can to help out. So... hello again, Topaz.

RPG Administrator

Ah, MewEX! You're back-ish. Welcome, you don't have to strain yourself to try to see us :3

Valued Topaz Contributor

Thanks NyteFyre! Good to see you again

Administrator

Good to see you again, MewLoverEX! It's a bit quiet around here for now, but you know how it is.

Overworlder (I think)

Hey guys. I am going to be gone for about a week cause I'm going on vacation with my family to a small little country called Malaysia. I might post some pictures of that place on cafe topaz when I come back. See you soon.
    http://www.pokemontopaz.net/ TOPAZ, AND PROUD OF IT!

http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/s...-Guy-s-Profile - My TRPG profile

Administrator

Have fun, Cranky Guy! Malaysia's a really awesome place, make sure you eat lots there. Not in the restaurants (though some of the restaurants are good), the hawker centres are generally where it's at.

Secret Agent

Virus: Welcome back! I hope you get your computer troubles figured out.
    MewLoverEX: Hello again! Congrats on your book!
    Cranky Guy: Have fun!

Overworlder (I think)

Heh..... Turns out I WILL be online for my vacation. Somehow the hotel I stay in has online services and computers. It's really dark here right now, and I'm supposed to sleep. So g'night. NOT!
    http://www.pokemontopaz.net/ TOPAZ, AND PROUD OF IT!

http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/s...-Guy-s-Profile - My TRPG profile

Valued Topaz Contributor

Thanks guys! Cyndadile, I'm so glad it's finally done. IB, hopefully there will be more activity after everyone's breaks start. Cranky Guy, have a fun trip!

Hi everyone, my name is James. Right now I am 22 years old. I am a Junior Java Developer who will be graduating with a bachelors in computer science this coming May. I enjoy all things computer, and love learning new languages. Ruby is on my list of languages that I want to learn. It appears to be extremely similar to java, just harder to set up(not a big problem), and with oracle leading java down a twisty road ruby will probably grow in popularity very quickly.

I found this site because I am actually working on a pokemon game called pokemon university, that is just sort of for myself for fun. I searched for pokemon sprites, and guess whose website came up? Well, I am not going to use your sprites for my game(you don't have to worry), but I joined because I found interest in your project browsing your forums a little bit. I don't know about helping with your project right now. I am interested, but not sure if I can really put forth the time. I could probably help with the text file for sure, but I stink at art(it sounded like just putting down information on pokemon evolutions somehow for the text file?).

Another fact that you will probably find interesting about me is my senior project. I am programming something called RPG Designer. I will leave it up to you to find out what inspired my senior project.

Some other random facts:
    I am engaged
    I like to skii
    I am from Colorado
    I go to school in KS(strange I know)
    My main OS is Linux, the only things I use Windows for are RPG Maker and FFVII.

I think that is a good intro. I look forward to maybe meeting you guys better in other topics on the forum.

Chow for now!

Administrator

Nice to meet you, HolyPhoenix/James! The pokemon.txt file is mainly just menial filling out of information from certain sources into the file that will be used in the game. You can help out with that if you like, just post on the topic. When you learn Ruby, then maybe you could help Konrad with programming some of the items and abilities in the game.

the Dragon Master

Hello and welcome to topaz HolyPhoenix!!!! I hope you have a wonderful time here, and don't worry, it takes a while sometimes for people to find something to help out with here...

In other news:
    Forgive me but as Chrismtas is upon us I must leave temporarily so that I may celebrate (and let the chaos die down into sanity) before coming back to work on things. Part of my family's coming down from NC to visit a little after christmas and it'll be fun to have to settle things down between Christmas and New Year's.

So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's Everyone and I hope to make it out alive (which is likely).

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and happy new years. Hey James, thanks for joining now i don't feel so bad about being over 18 and helping make a pokemon game :P good to see everyone back and happy holidays everyone!

"We nicknamed her Bean"

There are a few of us over 18, including myself. No shame.

Multitalented

I'm 19. Absolutely no shame. In fact, friends I've mentioned the project to think that it's awesome, especially after seeing the new Topazmon.

Hmm, I am also 18. Maybe there are more than we realize?
    ö¿ö

Nah, the idea of pokemon, as being a children's game only, has died out now. Pokemon is considered a classic game. Like Zelda, Mario, etc. Those of us who played when it first came into existence can go back and play it for the sake of awesome old games we use to play. Or at least appears to be where I am from. Not that I ever cared what other people thought when I played it and they felt I was too old. I am a geek so I always got to get away with those kinds of things and still be cool.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

I'm sorry that I've effectively dropped off the face of the earth. This semester is actually hell, I'm now in the arts faculty theater production, and my social life has taken a solid existence. But I have reading week in a while, which means that none of those things will be the case and I can get some stuff done for here. I promise.

I've got to make it a point to stick around places longer. Ohai.

I don't really know what else to say here other than possibly singing the lyrics to "Staying Alive", but hey, I'm alive and here. Not that I have any programming experience or skill, but I do have words! And pennies, lots of pennies. In pairs, in fact.

And, uh, could someone be a dear and change my name to Angel Knight Phil? I figure that if I'm going to liase (is that even a word) with our affiliates, I might as well liase as the name most people know me by. (Also, if I could have done this myself, feel free to reply in such a way that implies that I should've probably looked harder for my own solution.)

Administrator

Oh awesome, done and welcome AKP!

RPG Administrator

Hey AKP, what's shakin?

I'm an OI admin now. Other than that, the usual.

Anywhere I should direct my attention first?

Administrator

Valued Topaz Contributor

Hi guys, it's been quite a while since I've been here. I don't know how much help I'll be with everything, but I can try I guess. I'm just gonna not try to bite off more than I can chew.

Administrator

I don't think you need to be worrying about biting off more than you can chew, if ever you feel like trying something, no one's going to yell at you for not finishing it. In fact it's likelier that others will take up what you've left off.

So welcome back Chronicler and don't feel like Topaz is a burden on your life, I'm more than happy to just see you as part of the community, and I'm sure the others feel the same way.

Valued Topaz Contributor

Haha it's not a burden, just something that I wish I had more time for, so I'll start off small by posting around. ^_^

I'll definitely check out the last State of Topaz too and see what I can help out with!

Secret Agent

Welcome back!

sorry guys i just moved and we aren't quite done everything yet. still got to paint, install sinks and countertops but i will come on here when i have time. anything need doing?

the Dragon Master

Alright, so I must apologize again for not having been on here for a while... Got caught up in craziness shortly after christmas and then found some of family couldn't come down which really screwed us up on scheduling things...
    After that I had to work on some other things such as setting up and fixing some particular accounts concerning gaming...
    So chaos and insanity has filled my world for a short time, yet again and hopefully I can be a little more consistent with this site.
    Btw something good happened to me recently: I got another DS Lite!!! Huzzah, I can now plays Diamond once more, and I'm still trying for Pokemon SS and either Black or White, not sure which one I want just yet...
    I've been able to pick up on a few of my projects again and ended up writing out notes for more, and alas I now needs more notebook paper...
    So yeah I've gone so far into some of my things that it's kinda hard to remember where and what else it is I need to do.
    And just so you know a lot of the work has been concerning gaming, still got lots of research to do but I'm getting there.
    So, agian sorry for the rambling there. But I've got one last thing for you peoples for those who might want to interact with somethings:
    XBL: Y2K Virus
    Note: my live account can only really interact with others via a friends console, and currently he needs live to play online but voice chat is still useable, I'll see the messages from you guys on the xbox site just can't respond from their cause it's a little wierd regarding the messages. The PSN account hasn't had much activity so forgive the basic look that it's got, I don't currently have any access to a PS3 yet to add gaming info to it. As for the Nintendo thingy I kinda need a Wii for anything like that so sorry I don't have one for playing online with you guys there.

look whos back
    TRPG profile

3DS Friend code: 3711-7748-4916
    I has X, Looking for Y stones, will trade for good stuff.

Administrator

Hey Galladester, welcome back!

good to be back
    TRPG profile

3DS Friend code: 3711-7748-4916
    I has X, Looking for Y stones, will trade for good stuff.

+ Reply to Thread