+ Reply to Thread

Thread: site/forums changelog (updated 06/30/11 2:51am)

Administrator

Default site/forums changelog (updated 06/30/11 2:51am)

I decided to start this and needed an old thread so it won't show up on news. I'm going to post stuff I change or add here so we can keep it all in one thread and I will be clearing out replies after a period of time to keep the thread size down.

http://pokemontopaz.net/updates - Keep up with all site updates. Page is updated automatically!

Global Changelog
    06/30/11 2:51am - Search function fixed, which also fixes "You have X unread posts"

03/31/11 6:57am - Reply to Thread button now takes you to new post page instead of quick reply.

03/23/11 4:16am - Avatars on profiles now full size instead of thumbnail. (minor fix)

03/13/11 10:48pm - Fixed subforum header shadow as described here. (very minor fix)

03/04/11 3:00pm - Added link to Site Updates page. Now this thing will pretty much be for forum updates only.
    03/04/11 2:59pm - Changed Topaz Facebook link to the page instead of the old group.

02/15/11 1:53am - Added strikeout bbcode to forums. Use [s ]text[/s ] (without spaces).

01/31/11 2:34am - Posted thread in General Discussion regarding new site design.

01/29/11 5:58am - Updated welcome visitor message with current staff and clarified position titles.
    01/28/11 - Site/Repository Maintenance. Thanks Bihira!
    01/27/11 - Implemented anti-spambot features and pruned users (a lot).
    Archived Changelog
    06/01/10 5:24am - Added more spacing between content and Last Update line on Repository pages.
    06/01/10 5:05am - Changed order of Site/Forums/Credits buttons on Repository.
    06/01/10 4:51am - Fixed 1px misalignment in Forum button on Repository.

05/10/10 12:12am - Concept Art page updated. See this post.

05/09/10 11:07pm - Nav bubbles at top of Repository have been updated to remove reload on hover.
    05/09/10 4:19pm - Profiles now show number of posts above join date on the sidebar.

04/19/10 6:31am - Navbar is finalized and live on all three skins. Site redesign has begun.

04/17/10 9:29pm - Morning skin live. All custom plugins re-enabled and upgrade is complete.

04/12/10 2:24am - Updated Concept Art page. Added Fincherp, Whispaw, Misticade and Jirachi.

03/25/10 12:09am - Manually tweeted the new threads that didn't tweet themselves. Not sure what's going on as my test thread worked.

03/18/10 2:34am - Removed notifications mod. Buggy and lack of support.

03/16/10 12:54am - Reset 'last post by' on forum home since I couldn't solve the wrapping problem.

03/15/10 7:18pm - Updated the left introduction box on site index to match news boxes.

03/14/10 5:07am - Updated news boxes on site, now using CSS instead of tables. Yay!
    (it should look like this, if it doesn't then post here with your browser version and screen resolution)
    (here is how it is supposed to look in IE 8)

03/12/10 1:12pm - Fixed border on Concept Art page's images in Firefox, which didn't show in Chrome.
    03/12/10 2:37am - Mark Forums Read link fixed. Why am I always the one to find bugs?

03/11/10 3:03am - Still working on the javascript for style selector, put old one back in meantime.
    03/11/10 2:30am - Contributor rank icon changed. Yes, they get longer ones. They are better than us.
    03/11/10 12:01am - Re-added New Thread icons on forum home, which need improvement.

03/10/10 11:52pm - Removed tabbed forums.
    03/10/10 5:18pm - Added PM button to bottom of posts.
    03/10/10 2:21pm - Concept Art page changed. Minor header edits to other pages.
    Last edited by zeroality; 06-30-11 at 07:51 AM.

Administrator

Since nobody has posted about the database errors, I'm going to assume the problem is solved. I haven't gotten any myself.

I was going to update the forum navigation bar but I can't find the PSDs for some reason. I know they're somewhere, I'll just have to look harder. For now, all I did was update the link to our Facebook Page from the old Group.

Look for more forum updates to be coming soon! Also, if there is anything you guys would like to see done then now is the time to make the suggestion.

No chatbox/irc/chatroom/shoutbox though. We simply do not have the activity to support something like that right now.

Administrator

Pikang pointed this out to me but I thought I'd get your opinions first.

He noted that clicking Reply to Thread button takes you to Quick Reply. It does this in vBulletin 4.x but it doesn't in 3.x - they changed it. A click takes you to Quick Reply but a double click will open the full "new post" page.

I had actually already seen a fix for it posted on the vBulletin bug tracker before Pikang brought it up so I was wondering if you guys wanted me to implement the fix? Meaning, single click would make it go to "New Post" instead of quick reply.

If you want to object, now is the time.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Please do it.

Administrator

Done.

Secret Agent

Thanks for the heads-up on the whole forums-down-for-mainatainence thing.
    Was something wrong?

Administrator

Sorry about that, I'm trying to see if the forums are the cause of the lag we've been having on this hosting.

Secret Agent

When did the box with top posters and stuff leave?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndadile View Post
    When did the box with top posters and stuff leave?
    Sorry, I must've missed that post. I took it off to help cut down usage on the forums, after noticing our host lagging a lot in the timeframe prior to removal.

I think the austerity measures I implemented on the forums (I also disabled a few other things, like profile views and latest visitors) have helped to lessen the strain on the server.

Anyway, I came to post about me messing up the main site. I was working on another installation of CMSMS and accidentally uploaded an empty config file to the wrong FTP (Topaz's) which blanked the site.

All the files are there, I just have to find the configuration settings and re-implement. I'll try to get that done tomorrow.

I'm also talking to Bihira about fixing the "you have x unread posts" thing, which is related to some sort of problem on their end which is blocking vBulletin's search function. The search function is necessary for the unread posts thing to work.

Administrator

Site is fixed. This will never happen again.

Administrator

vBulletin search and "you have x unread posts" works again.

The problem was that PHP 5.3 introduced a change that broke the vBulletin function, so Johnathan at Bihira told me how to fix it.

Secret Agent

Thanks!

For some reason it seems like the forum's font has changed. Is that just my computer?

Administrator

Shouldn't be any different. Doesn't seem so to me.

Secret Agent

My computer was being weird.

+ Reply to Thread