+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The forum snafu situation

Administrator

Default The forum snafu situation

OK, well - 4.0 came out and I wanted to upgrade as a Christmas present to you guys. I downloaded a backup of the database beforehand, as always. I proceeded to upgrade then the database got screwed up due to not being configured properly and it rendered it useless. Then I go to restore from backup and find that the file was corrupted during the download.

So here we are - on v4.0 and we have to start over! You will need to re-register and re-make your topics if you wish.

However, there is a glimmer of good news. I went back to re-download the database and although it is not usable in a web environment, the data is intact so we have all of the posts - which means valuable Topaz information was NOT lost! I feel confident that we will swiftly recover from this fiasco and be stronger than yet before! The important thing right now is for you guys to be active and go about your business normally.

Overworlder (I think)

Ummmmm.... Cheers.

Secret Agent

So... Is there any way for typical mortals such as myself to access information from the old forums?

Administrator

If you need something, PM ImmunityBow.

Administrator

I'd rather not that too many people have the whole database because it seems to contain such private information as PMs and such. If you need anything just give me some specifics, as well as if possible a phrase to search for which will hasten the process immensely.

+ Reply to Thread