Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kuranpu

Administrator

Default Kuranpu

Wasn't done.

KURANPU is beleived to be the physical representation of the balance between good and evil. If either of these two becomes stronger than the other, KURANPU will intervene and restore the balance.

A perfect balance of light and dark, KURANPU ensures that the world stays in perfect sync. The POKEMON stands as the mediator of all disputes.

KURANPU is believed to balance the forces of good and evil. Because of this, it will sometimes behave benignly, and at other times deviously.

KURANPU is said to be the physical embodiment of the balance between good and evil. If this balance were to shift too far either way, this POKEMON would fly into a berserk rage, its own personal balance lost.

The perfect balance of good and evil, KURANPU lives to keep the world in balance. It must stay far from others to prevent its own balance from shifting.

While in the wild, KURANPU has its colours in perfect balence. The black and white are said to grow and shrink based on the heart of its trainer.

In order to keep its own emotions in balance, KURANPU radiates hostile or belovolent feelings. Those who have been near KURANPU are said to experience mood swings.

KURANPU is explained in legends as the representation of the balance between good and evil. When KURANPU sleeps, conflict between the two forces arises.

KURANPU is said to have been born on the moon. It's body becomes darker or lighter as the moon changes phase.

KURANPU can change its color to pitch-black or snow white, making able to hide in many environments. Those who attempt to capture KURANPU often give up the chase in frustration, confounded by its camoflauge.

KURANPU is often underestimated in battle due to its small size. Those foolish enough to challenge it are often taken aback by its agility and strength.

KURANPU is said to have flown here from the moon, where it was born. As the moon moves through its phases, KURANPU's body becomes darker or lighter.
    Last edited by ImmunityBow; 02-19-10 at 04:50 AM.

Overworlder (I think)

I prefer the last one. Just a bit of grammer correction to no.11.

KURANPU is often underestimated in battle "due" to its small size. Those foolish enough to challenge it are often taken aback by its agility and strength.

uh-ohs

I stick with my vote on the old forums. The last one about the moon.

Overworlder (I think)

I agree with MI.

Sanity Eclipse

Personally, I prefer this one: A perfect balance of light and dark, KURANPU ensures that the world stays in perfect sync. The POKEMON stands as the mediator of all disputes.

After all, it seems to be based on the yin/yang balance.
    "All ends in obliteration-love in hatred, life in death, and light in empty darkness."

[Note: I can always be found in the Topaz IRC Chat or OI Chat if I am around. In fact, just go there already.]

Above link leads to an OELVN. May be NSFW. Click it at your own risk.

Overworlder (I think)

Light and dark has almost the same meaning, actually.

RPG Administrator

i agreed with the one about yin/yang on the old forums, and stand by it...
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

Overworlder (I think)

How's this?

KURANPU is explained in legends as the representation of the balance between good and evil. Its body becomes darker or lighter based on the phase of the moon.

Administrator

I don't think the splice quite works. The two sentences are practically unrelated and would suggest that as the moon waxes good dominates but as it wanes evil does.

Overworlder (I think)

Why dont you try something IB? Your always brilliant when it comes to ideas.

Administrator

I've given Kuranpu thought. It's a really hard one to do without bringing up cliché good and evil concepts, though I guess the yin and yang part lends itself naturally to that.

How about a different take maybe?

The belief that KURANPU is the greatest mediator of all lies in the rumours of its split personality. Its darker, tranquil side and its lighter, aggressive side are thought to be used in different situations.

It is believed that KURANPU's personality will shift to reflect one that it meets. Philosophers have long searched for it, believing it holds the key to understanding the human race.

RPG Administrator

hmm....both of IBs are good, though i like top one better

Secret Agent

Throwing in a new-ish idea:

KURANPU's light and dark parts expand and contract depending on its balance of good and evil. It typically tries to avoid people in order to keep itself at balance.

Sanity Eclipse

Some food for thought:
    The whole Yin and Yang issue behind Kuranpu is not about good or evil, nor is it about light and darkness. It is about balance and coexistence. That one cannot live with the other, and the imbalance would throw things into chaos. While on that note, Yin is for female and darkness while Yang is for male and light.

Think over that if you want. I am still sticking to my vote about balance.

-Malphis Droma, Insane Extraordinaire
    "All ends in obliteration-love in hatred, life in death, and light in empty darkness."

[Note: I can always be found in the Topaz IRC Chat or OI Chat if I am around. In fact, just go there already.]

Above link leads to an OELVN. May be NSFW. Click it at your own risk.

The whole Yin and Yang issue behind Kuranpu is not about good or evil, nor is it about light and darkness. It is about balance and coexistence. That one cannot live with the other, and the imbalance would throw things into chaos. While on that note, Yin is for female and darkness while Yang is for male and light.

This is serenity ^^

therefore

KURANPU's body produces black and white skin which indicates the balance of serenity and chaosl in it's mind, while the colors are equal the mind is in serenity, the tiniest change however means the mind is in chaos.

Secret Agent

KURANPU is rumored to be able to mediate any dispute. It has the ability to affect the minds of people and POKEMON to make them more or less agressive to suit its desires.

Spriter and Gym designer

I'll give it a go

KURANPU keeps balance between good and bad in the world by indirectly influencing people. It is believed that it is the cause of karma.

i think that we shouldn't talk about ying and yang because of the gen 5 legdendarys but i do like IB's last one and the karma idea is good
    Last edited by MK94; 12-12-10 at 12:58 PM. Reason: grammer
    I'm backish, i think at least

Secret Agent

Gen 5 doesn't exist. LIES!!! ALL LIES!!!!!

Spriter and Gym designer

I think Cyndadile means that the 5th gen isn't in Topaz.

but still im thinking like lawsuit realaded

Secret Agent

We wont get sued. Besides, they couldn't track us down.

Yes. 5th gen is a figment of your imagination. LIES!!! It is all a deception. The government is trying to get us!!!

Secret Agent

Double post AND bump! We really need to do this one. There may be some duplicates in my list, but here's what I've got. We need to shorten it a bit, to start.

KURANPU is beleived to be the physical representation of the balance between good and evil. If either of these two becomes stronger than the other, KURANPU will intervene and restore the balance.

A perfect balance of light and dark, KURANPU ensures that the world stays in perfect sync. The POKEMON stands as the mediator of all disputes.

KURANPU is believed to balance the forces of good and evil. Because of this, it will sometimes behave benignly, and at other times deviously.

KURANPU is said to be the physical embodiment of the balance between good and evil. If this balance were to shift too far either way, this POKEMON would fly into a berserk rage, its own personal balance lost.

The perfect balance of good and evil, KURANPU lives to keep the world in balance. It must stay far from others to prevent its own balance from shifting.

While in the wild, KURANPU has its colours in perfect balence. The black and white are said to grow and shrink based on the heart of its trainer.

In order to keep its own emotions in balance, KURANPU radiates hostile or belovolent feelings. Those who have been near KURANPU are said to experience mood swings.

KURANPU is explained in legends as the representation of the balance between good and evil. When KURANPU sleeps, conflict between the two forces arises.

KURANPU is said to have been born on the moon. It's body becomes darker or lighter as the moon changes phase.

KURANPU can change its color to pitch-black or snow white, making able to hide in many environments. Those who attempt to capture KURANPU often give up the chase in frustration, confounded by its camoflauge.

KURANPU is often underestimated in battle due to its small size. Those foolish enough to challenge it are often taken aback by its agility and strength.

KURANPU is said to have flown here from the moon, where it was born. As the moon moves through its phases, KURANPU's body becomes darker or lighter.

KURANPU keeps balance between good and bad in the world by indirectly influencing people. It is believed that it is the cause of karma.

KURANPU is rumored to be able to mediate any dispute. It has the ability to affect the minds of people and POKEMON to make them more or less agressive to suit its desires.

KURANPU's body produces black and white skin which indicates the balance of serenity and chaosl in it's mind, while the colors are equal the mind is in serenity, the tiniest change however means the mind is in chaos.

KURANPU's light and dark parts expand and contract depending on its balance of good and evil. It typically tries to avoid people in order to keep itself at balance.

The belief that KURANPU is the greatest mediator of all lies in the rumours of its split personality. Its darker, tranquil side and its lighter, aggressive side are thought to be used in different situations.

It is believed that KURANPU's personality will shift to reflect one that it meets. Philosophers have long searched for it, believing it holds the key to understanding the human race.

Administrator

I think the first one is the best, since it explains what the Pokemon is and does - as it should.

A minor revision:

KURANPU is the physical representation of the balance between good and evil. If either becomes stronger than the other, KURANPU will intervene and restore the balance.
    You want it to sound definite, so "believed to be" was removed. The second sentence sounded a little awkward and wordy so I revised it.

RPG Administrator

Zero's Edit seems fine to me. Good to see you back, Zero, now things can truly get done, I believe.

Administrator

While it gets the job done, the edit just seems a little too cliche. Of course it would be good and evil! Of course it helps restore balance! I feel like it makes Kuranpu just a little too generic and thus not feel legendary.

Spriter and Gym designer

Well does anyone like the idea of it being believed to cause karma? Just a suggestion, but I personally think it makes sense.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    While it gets the job done, the edit just seems a little too cliche. Of course it would be good and evil! Of course it helps restore balance! I feel like it makes Kuranpu just a little too generic and thus not feel legendary.
    Yeah, it is pretty cliche. I'm not good at coming up with original entries though so someone suggest something else and I'll grammar-tize it.

Administrator

Why don't I shorten the convenient list Cyndadile made? Some of them aren't as generic:

In order to keep its own emotions in balance, KURANPU radiates hostile or benevolent feelings. Those who have been near KURANPU are said to experience mood swings.

KURANPU is rumored to be able to mediate any dispute. It has the ability to affect the minds of people and POKEMON to make them more or less aggressive to suit its desires.

That would be my shortlist (though perhaps I unfairly judged my own to be fine since I wouldn't have posted them up if I hadn't thought them viable in the first place).
    For ones that had a sentence that was interesting and another that didn't work, I bolded the sentence that didn't work.
    I also eliminated some in favour of one that was similar but better worded IMO.
    Last edited by ImmunityBow; 02-03-11 at 12:48 AM.

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    the convenient list NyteFyre made?

Anyways, I like #4.

Administrator

Sorry, fixed. If you haven't noticed, I credit people wrong all the time.

RPG Administrator

Lol, I was wondering for a second...

Anyway, I also like #4 on that list.

Administrator

I like it too. I thought 'rumored' was a little inconclusive, but after rewriting it in a more assertive sense it didn't fit. I guess we can leave it like that, to cast a more mysterious nature on the Pokemon.

So yeah, I vote #4.

Administrator

I feel that being a little vaguer on a legendaries is fine, because technically they shouldn't have been thoroughly studied anyway.

As for #4 my impression from the second sense is that it's more a manipulator than a mediator. And why would a legendary Pokemon be as petty as to influence people to follow it's desires?

Legendaries in Pokemon tend to split into three categories:

Ageless entities of great power and little worldly desire: Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza, Jirachi, Mew (Typhidna and Unicrown seem to fit here too, maybe Kuranpu too)

Guardians of some sort: Lugia, Celebi, the Regis (Kipporok, it seems)

Almost humanly-conscious beings with their own wants and agendas: Mewtwo, maybe Suicune and Entei

The second sentence of #4 seems to put Kuranpu on the level of Malduval or something, using abilities to gain a competitive edge. But it shouldn't need that edge, it's legendary.

(I know you guys are tired of debating Kuranpu's points, but I think it's important our legendaries feel legendary, since they're so much a face of the game.)

Spriter and Gym designer

I know I've said this already, but no one seems to want to reply. Would it be possible to have Kuranpu be rumored to cause karma? It seems like a perfect fit: good things happen to good people, and bad things happen to bad people.

RPG Administrator

Well, is manipulation beyond legends? Look at Mewtwo for f***s sake! He nearly destroyed the world with a huge rainstorm, interacted with several distinct people directly, kidnapped a Nurse Joy, cloned a ton of pokemon, and more or less killed Ash! Before he had a change of heart that is. Entei, though only an illusion, kidnapped Ash's mom, and held her prisoner. I doubt legends are beyond petty influencing for their own purposes, whatever they may be.

In your list, you forgot the Deoxes, Deoxi...whatever the plural of Deoxys is. Also, you forgot to mention Ho-oh, the legendary birds, and Raiku, as well as all of fourth gen. I know we're an alt version of gen 4, but it still helps to draw from them, especially on subjects such as this.

However, I do agree that if it's supposed to be a mediator, it shouldn't be doing so for it's own desires. Would make more sense to change "to suit it's needs' to something like 'so that the balance is uncorrupted' or 'so that there is as little bloodshed as necessary'. Something like that.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by NyteFyre View Post
    kidnapped a Nurse Joy
    lol'd irl

Quote Originally Posted by NyteFyre View Post
    I know we're an alt version of gen 4
    wut

RSE is Gen 3 son.

RPG Administrator

yeah, we're using RSE era code and overworlds, but we're setting ourselves up as an alternative to D/P, and therefore, that is why we aren't having Gen 4 pokemon in game. Or so IB tells everyone. >.>

Administrator

Oh, yea I'm following you now.

As for the dex entry, I agree that it should be reworded to make it sound more of a mediator than a manipulator.

Closed Thread