Thread: D/P Little Cup - Congrats to Shadow_Rukario

Administrator

Default D/P Little Cup - Congrats to Shadow_Rukario

Please get your battles done ASAP. Post here so I know you're trying to find your opponent and get the matches set up. Contact your opponents here or via PM to set up a time/date to battle BEFORE the deadline. Deadline is 04/07/10.

D/P Little Cup with Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Soul Dew Clause, Timed Battle.

All Pokemon must be Level 5, be able to evolve and be the first Pokemon in an evolution chain. So while Pichu would be allowed, Pikachu is not. Scyther, Sneasel, Yanma, Tangela, Meditite and Murkrow are banned. The attacks SonicBoom and Dragon Rage are banned. The items DeepSeaTooth and Berry Juice are banned. Please see this to check which moves are banned. Any deviation from these rules will result in an immediate disqualification, even if it was an honest mistake. All players are expected to have read the rules.

Finals
    zeroality vs Shadow_Rukario

Round Two
    XTS vs Shadow_Rukario
    zeroality vs ImmunityBow

Round One
    Reliability vs Shadow_Rukario
    XTS vs ragingprimeape
    Mediocrity_Incarnate vs zeroality
    ImmunityBow vs bye
    Last edited by zeroality; 04-07-10 at 04:58 PM.

Administrator

Just wondering, what does Berry Juice do?

Administrator

Restores 20 hp when 50% or less. That's a lot for LC.

Administrator

It's less powerful than Sitrus Berry was back in Advanced, but I guess there's no Item Clause is LC nowadays.

aut vincere aut mori

There's only like two banned items anyways. It's more difficult to ensure that you have llegal move combos for certain pokemon. I guess ill just try to catch you on irc rather than schedule, since my next week or so is gonna be pretty busy.

Ohmygod this battle is going to be so tough I better hope ridiculously to have any chance whatsoever of possibly pulling off a win-

....yeah. Good luck in the first round, everybody.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    ― Douglas Adams

"Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!" - The Doctor

Administrator

I've been so busy that I haven't even made my team yet but we'll get the battle done this weekend.

Won my battle against Reli.

Administrator

I know people have been busy with midterms and stuff so I'm extending the deadline by a week, to 03/08/10 which gives us an extra weekend to battle.

I have my team ready Medioc but I'm going to bed now so just try to catch me on IRC when you can.

Administrator

[17:13] * Guest116 (Guest116@D15A6D9B.7482EAAF.5ED8723.IP) has joined #topaz
    [17:13] * Guest116 is now known as Mediocrity
    [17:14] * Skynet sets mode: +v Mediocrity
    [17:14] <+Mediocrity> Zero?
    [17:15] <+Mediocrity> Damn
    [17:15] * +Mediocrity (Guest116@D15A6D9B.7482EAAF.5ED8723.IP) Quit (Quit: #topaz at www.pokemontopaz.net/irc)
    [17:15] <~zeroality> wtf
    [17:15] <~zeroality> didnt even wait 2 min
    ._.

uh-ohs

RRRRRRR lost 1-0. I should get honorable mention for trying something different.

Administrator

Yeah, I was totally unprepared for your kind of team. I don't even know how I ended up winning that one. I was just watching my Pokemon die then my last one pulls it outta his ass, knocking out 3. MVP award for him.

Administrator

IB is on vacation for 10 days so I'm going to extend the deadline.

Edit: Actually, you know what? I don't want to hold up the tournament for so long so I am just going to switch IB with XTS and give IB the bye instead. It is now ragingprimeape vs XTS.

Sorry XTS but I will give you a bye in the next tournament with less than 8 players.

Alright then. Looks like I'll have to dust off my old failure of a LC team and actually get prepared for the first round. I'll try to get in touch with Rage on the OI Chat and see if we can get the battle done over the weekend.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    ― Douglas Adams

"Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!" - The Doctor

Administrator

Yeah sorry about this. I hate degrading the integrity of the tournament like that but it seemed the sensible thing to do.

Just beat RP 3-0. Had me scared at the beginning, though....
    ― Douglas Adams

aut vincere aut mori

I am fail at this...

Administrator

Keep trying man, you will find a niche. Round 2 is up, deadline 3/20.

Beat XTS 3-0.

Administrator

I kinda forgot about this but I will get in touch with IB to set up a time. We might be a couple days past the deadline in finishing it though. Sorry.

Administrator

IB and I are still trying to get this done but we are both pretty busy. I'm hoping we can do it tomorrow.

Administrator

We finally got our match done. It was really haxy from turn 1, where I scored a crit that OHKOed. I got another crit and IB had a couple too. Won 1-0. Same last Pokemon as round one, who took out 3 Pokemon. MVP much?

Administrator

SR has been trying to get this done with me but tonight I didn't even wake up till just now (2am) so I think I'll probably have to try and catch him on the weekend when he has more free time.

Administrator

Scarf Gligar destroyed me. D:

Well we battled today cause I managed to catch him on the IRC. I won, but I had so much hax at the beginning. My Meowth happened to win the speed tie twice in a row, hit with hypnosis, and then score a critical bite. And yeah Scarf Gligar blew through the rest of his team.