The whole tab system in the forums has been bothering me ever since I came here. While I'm not suggesting that we remove it entirely, I think it would be better if the "default" tab was set to Topaz and not General.

Now I'm not downplaying the General forums; far from that. However, the main emphasis of this forum is Pokemon Topaz, and as such, we want to make that sort of first impression on guests here. The first thing they see when they visit these forums should be the current progress of the game, not a generic discussion forum. Furthermore, guests unfamiliar to the layout of these forums might not notice the tabs at all.

This is also beneficial to current members. When most of us visit a forum, we tend to be drawn to the first interesting topic we see. By placing Topaz in a separate tab, we are actually diverting attention from that subforum. On the other hand, setting the Topaz tab to default will draw people's attention to those topics pertaining to the actual development of the game, which will increase the activity in those subforums.

So, psychology 101: set the main focus of these forums to the front page for maximum profit.