+ Reply to Thread

Thread: a look at IE9

Administrator

Default a look at IE9

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/new...ste-of-ie9.ars

They are going to release new builds every 8 weeks, after they gather feedback. I'm not overly impressed but it's a nice step forward. I'd like to see what the final product ends up as.

shoot head summon persona

I'll stick with FF4 or Chrome for my HTML5 implementation, thanks. Microsoft's internet browser team is at least acknowledging technology is moving forward, which is a step, but I can't see them making up the ground on the Big Other Three in Firefox, Chrome, and Opera in terms of overall compatibility.

Of course, bundled IE9 means that they'll still have the majority of the market share regardless.

Administrator

Didn't an antitrust suit rule that they can't bundle IE with Windows? Or is that only for the forced integration?

Still No MIDI Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Pirotechnix View Post
    I'll stick with FF4 or Chrome for my HTML5 implementation, thanks. Microsoft's internet browser team is at least acknowledging technology is moving forward, which is a step, but I can't see them making up the ground on the Big Other Three in Firefox, Chrome, and Opera in terms of overall compatibility.

Of course, bundled IE9 means that they'll still have the majority of the market share regardless.
    HTML5 support started in 3.5. :P I'm running 3.5.7 and not getting any annoying "Upgrade to a modern browser" messages on YouTube.

Topaz Programmer

that was mainly for European customers. They are allowed to bundle it; however they need to give users a choice.

the Dragon Master

I personally prefer Mozilla because IE has had too many problems...
    besides Microsoft has to package IE with there computers otherwise we'd be going DOS style with trying to find stuff on our own computer...
    anyway so long as MS can catch up to Mozilla with there browser updates/upgrades and continue to keep it bug free and safe they should start getting there customer base back since most people have been moving to these other browsers...
    some still stick with IE so MS wont have too many problems... not yet anyway...
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

Vicious cycle

Nice try Microsoft, but until IE becomes open-source I'll be sticking to Firefox and Chrome, thanks.

the Dragon Master

it'll be a long time before EI becomes open source...
    actually just about everything microsoft is based off of another computer system so they actually don't have their own system like they say they do...
    they're hiding the codes necessary to outright copy and distribute it...
    one of the many reasons why they get lots of money...
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

+ Reply to Thread