Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: STT's music

Still No MIDI Keyboard

http://www.mediafire.com/?jn2fmitmzny
    Lol, Rehash of a rehash. Dynamo Gardens, third version.

Administrator

Not bad. I like the trumpets and the arrangement is smooth. I need to listen to it a few more times before I can make a judgement about whether this one or Irot's is better though.

RPG Administrator

i have to agree, it is quite well done! unfortunately, i haven't listened to IROT's yet, so i can't help in saying which is better...
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

Still No MIDI Keyboard

Has anyone thought of a use for Unknown City in City/Town themes yet?

aut vincere aut mori

When I click on the town/city link, it takes me to the same files as the battle themes link. Or am I overlooking something?

Administrator

Wow, that made me realize that we still do need a few pieces of music, Portwind, Aquapolis, Calypso, Laysan, and possibly Route 212 and Abaddon Swamp.

In any case, I feel that the Unknown theme would do well in Sedcini City, which is a relatively dangerous enough city to warrant the anxious beginning to the upbeat theme and non-comforting chord structure. I think it's the best match we have currently.

Just a few descriptors so you'll have a bit more info on what the cities mentioned need in terms of music:
    Portwind: Portwind is kind of like Slateport but should be different. I feel like something quite festive would be good. Should invoke a seaside town.
    Calypso: Calypso is a vacationing, style, long beach and cheap drinks-style town. Something with lots of steel drum would probably be appropriate here.
    Aquapolis: Aquapolis works similarly to that Dive-City in RSE (Sootopolis I believe). It's also a diving city, but much more technologically dependent. It's not in the middle of a mountain but rathe manmade systems allowing for life to survive (glass-bubble-etc). As such it should be rather calm and possibly somewhat sci-fi-y.
    Laysan: From what I've gathered and made up, Laysan Town is in the middle of a mountainous region and is fairly isolated, so it should have a small town feel. Maybe something similar to Pallet Town or Verdanturf stylistically. Laysan Town is very famous for its berry farmers, though I'm not sure if that helps.
    Route 212: This route is one of perpetual night, lots of dark Pokemon and ghost Pokemon, and the majority of the Mt. Frost Sanctuary (Secret Room) sidequest will be here (quest for Mirust). It's in the shadow of the Dynamo Gardens, and should probably be very spooky.
    Abaddon Swamp: No ideas for this one, really. It's not a spooky swamp, it's one that those living in Hollowlog depend upon for clean river water.

Still No MIDI Keyboard

@ragingprimeape: Link fixed.
    @IB: Route 212 is on its way, Pokemon Mansion remix time. (Old Chateau is too dungeon-y.)

Still No MIDI Keyboard

Route 212 is up, if anyone wants to tell me the route numbers of the sea routes and those connecting the towns in Kirant, as there are themes for those, too. There's also a redone Route 26 for the land theme of the final route before the Pokemon League.

Administrator

Nice remixes. Route 212 fits very well.

Mountainous Foothills is an excellent remix as well, it even has a bit of a Zelda feel to it, and seems different enough from the original. The horn is a very good addition, as well as the snare. I like this one better than the original even! This is probably one of favourites of your works.

Route to Aquapolis sounds a bit too close to the original for my liking. I'm not entirely sure if it suits, considering that the theme is used near Fortree and Aquapolis is a mainly water route.

Route to Pokemon League sounds fitting enough, fanfares seem to be your strong point (probably because they like bold sound and punctuation and you tend to too). I'm a little worried about how it loops though, it seems a little awkward. Good job though.

Route to Sedcini and Laysan sounds nice, but maybe a little too triumphant? I'm also a little worries about how this loops. I'd expect that the Routes it follows would be a little less jubilant. For the foothills it's fine since climbing plus panoramas is pretty majestic (also that one is a bit less so), but on the lower paths maybe something calmer would fit better.

We're also missing Icthyes City and Cetecea Town Themes! Icthyes is where the Rocket Base is hidden, though it's under the guise of a simple fishing town. So it should have a very simple theme, but with possibly some sinister undertones (maybe drop to minor for a few seconds during a few sections of the piece?). Not necessarily though, Celadon didn't have any sinister undertones. Cetecea Town is where the Orion Base is located, and it should be quite serene.

Great work! I'm glad you're with us, STT!

Still No MIDI Keyboard

It actually doesn't loop end-to-end @ Pokemon League comment.
    Aquapolis route theme is for when you land on islands and is actually Unknown Route 1.mid arranged.
    Route 212 is Rock Tunnel arranged.
    Mountainous foothills is drop-dead obvious.

Eye of Sand coming soon!

RPG Administrator

man, some of these, i finally got around to listening to them all, just plain blow me away! Espeically Route 212, and Mistvale is awesome, i love the Ancient, if not Japanese feel of it.
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

Administrator

I actually like the original of Mistvale a little better, since V2 gets a little too punctuated towards the middle which doesn't fit that well flavour-wise (Yeah my comments are boring, they're always the same).

By Unknown City, I thought you meant Irot's originally, but now with the fixed link I see what you mean. This one could possibly work for Kalypso City because of the interesting relaxed syncopation going on the entire time.

Thats what she said

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    On another note, could you possibly remix Jirachi's theme from Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire or some other Jirachi music? I really don't see our current Legendary Pokemon Battle theme being used for either Jirachi or Kipporok. Typhidna, yes, but not too much else. (Typhidna's cool enough to have its own music )
    I'm finally not the only one that feels the same way. Not sayin anything bad, though I believe that exactly. There are so many legendary styles you could remix...like I'm listening to Deoxy's theme...that could sound really good for jirachi.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR84yEViSL4
    Kipporok I dont know...maybe giratina's or dialga and palkias?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqBSEk4R1SE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-l1hBQi2Wc
    Maybe if u like Super remixed, possibly even gym leader themes...with the rambunctious style.
    Now enough of me rambling....I LOVE YOUR STUFF!!! I heard your routes....AND I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THEY WAY U DID THE AQUAPOLIS LAND ROUTE!!! I like all the other stuff too...just that one came out to me. I also like how ur mixing more than one region's music. Makes it sound good. I'll listen to some more when my computer stops having downloading issues....

Just for BS reasoning and for fun listenin' *STT, you might get some more ideas from these
    Shadow Lugiahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtWhb...eature=related

Kanto Gym Leadershttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuLn-oTPD_s

this might be just my oppinion, but Ho-ph's remixed might sound good with the "big" Typhidna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwlRy5K3azY

Possibly Kuranpu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqXDn...eature=related
    I wont put the legendary dog themes, but they could maybe go well with Gypseer, Neichia, & Tagati (they're legendaries right?)

Does mewtwo have different themes? I like this one soooo much better
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2p6AUFK2d4

They even have remixed junk on youtube Regi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7vGP...eature=related (Original) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7SrU...eature=related

Kyogre Groudonhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfTF-N7Wofc

Uxie Mesprit Azelf
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT6xruEl47E

All other Legends in DPP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLTbg...eature=related

I hope this can help inspire u a bit...(for how much space my post has taken) ;p
    Last edited by Quinn; 04-24-10 at 07:53 PM.
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Administrator

I don't know, some of those don't quite seem to fit. Lugia and Kuranpu are kind of similar in nature but I don't really think they should have the same music. And Jirachi's theme should stay lighter than Deoxys'

But yes, having different themes suiting groups of legendaries would be nice.

Thats what she said

Mostly my point...I posted most of these just for ideas, and a "feel". U know? I still believe if deoxys was remixed lighter, it would be great for jirachi. Give it a bit more calm feel. But the others are more just for ideas.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Still No MIDI Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Kipporok I dont know...maybe giratina's or dialga and palkias?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqBSEk4R1SE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-l1hBQi2Wc
    Oddly enough, I had remixed both Girating and Dialga/Palkia's themes a little while back, I have two versions of Grratina's and one of the other two, if I can find it.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3nnz12nmyjn - Giratina 1: Synth Heaven
    http://www.mediafire.com/?kzez2mmyyio - Giratina 2: Better instruments

D/P is on my other computer, so I'll get it later.

Thats what she said

that's cool. if even just for me or (probably not) the topaz, do YOU think deoxy's theme would sound good if remixed calmed down a bit? (if u can do that even?)

Still No MIDI Keyboard

Olivine has been redone, Frost had its Piano switched and what was a flute part has been returned to the strings, Cranewing has been done. Two new battle themes: Trainer and a special Trainer variant for the Defenders, and Triad's piano is less punctuated, most new versions are v3's, save for Cranewing and Olivine. All others are v1's!

Administrator

Appreciate all the hard work you're putting in STT!

Still No MIDI Keyboard

If IB reads this, I have something to say:

You know, you could actually get away with using Dynamo's theme in Portwind, because the two have a similar mood to them.

Administrator

You're right about Dynamo and Portwind. It fits. Definitely exuberant enough.

Battle! Unknown: What is this based off of? It sounds like a battle with Missingno. or some kind of Rocket Admin, I guess.

Elite Four V2: There are some scratchy noises. Is it my headphones or the song itself? I like Irot's version better, but the gem in your version is from 40-50 seconds, which quite possibly surpasses Irot's, and I'm not a huge fan of 1:02-1:12 for both versions. An arrangement that I'll probably need more contemplating on, but if you could possibly attempt this one again I think you might be onto something.

The other themes you recently mentioned I can't seem to find. Where are they?

Still No MIDI Keyboard

Both Unknowns are Giratina remixes. :P

Probably your headphones, as my earbuds convey the sound fine. But yeah, I could redo it with a clearer sound.

Look for themes without version numbers (Battles), with version number 2 (Olivine), and version number three (Triad and Frost) in their respective folders. Triad is in the minigame themes folder.

Administrator

Triad and Frost are both V2. Olivine simply isn't there, same with the battle themes. Are they set to hidden or something?

Still No MIDI Keyboard

Odd, they SHOULD be there. MediaFire for ya, I'll find a way to upload them again. :P

Thats what she said

I'll take a listen sometime. I just can't right now cause the downloading issue. I really wanna hear the new Olivine....and you routes again...I LOVED your remix to the ruby sapphire route by "forest town" (I cant remember the city), where you would get castform. IT ROCKED...I think

Still No MIDI Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    Triad and Frost are both V2. Olivine simply isn't there, same with the battle themes. Are they set to hidden or something?
    Fixing it now. Seems I uploaded them to the wrong section.

aut vincere aut mori

Ooo, Collossus is really catchy! Keep it up!

Thats what she said

For what I heard of collossus city, sounds great.

Administrator

So, noticed they were up, took a listen:
    Triple Triad - Fine, the main difference I see between this one and Irot's is a looser base and higher overall volume. Actually, all of your arrangements have higher volume, but that's not really a problem.
    Frost Town - Excellent, a big improvement over the last one, and that one was already one of your best. A very strong contender, this one.
    Olivine - This one seems more upbeat because of the undertones. It's also a lot louder. Not bad at all.

Orion Battle - I'm not a fan of the choir/voice/whatever. It sounds too alien. Everything else about it is great though.
    Battle! Trainer - It works.

For the arrangements we do end up using, I might have to ask for you to tone down the volume on some of them, because otherwise the player might have to keep switching volumes as he plays.

uh-ohs

Frost Town is really awesome

Thats what she said

LOVE WHAT I CAN HEAR. (that is really general but still )
    I was listening to legendary battle again, and I think I found the perfect pokemon it would go good for. The current (and I think, only) would go good with Kuranpu and Unicrown. I was just staring at the legendary sprites during the song, and those 2 just seem good for it.

Still No MIDI Keyboard

http://www.pokemontopaz.net/reposito...0City%20v6.mp3
    OMG version 6? The slide up to somewhere in the C9 range has been fixed in this MP3, as I've come to know over time that FL hates pitch change events.

Thats what she said

THIS IS A HUGE ASS POST...just saying that now.

I got some temp internet that lets me listen to the full song, so I'm taking full advantage right now.
    I really like the part in the Olivine when it sounds kinda piano like, around mid part (13 sec-end). Makes me happy
    Just wondering...are we gonna have the intro like the other has? (Daaaaaa Daaaaa Dadadada) It is the little 2 secondish thingy.

Idk why exactly but Frost town reminds me of Ocarina of time/Majora's mask. I like it

Loving Dynamo Gardens

Although I like Cianwood, I dont know which one you based it off of. Are you going for the soothing quiet style, like HGSS or the more up beat like GS? If your going for the more slow version, check this out. A more calm and soothing intro, and the main part (around 28 sec in yours/around 30 sec in that version) If your going for the more upbeat, like GS, listen here. This is the "hit more upbeat. If your going for that theme, add some more to the main body part.
    here's an example of what someone elses remix is like. Someone who listened to that remix said, "
    Quote Originally Posted by komakoma876
    The silent whispers of the wind brush through, the silence of this content town just ease the embrace of fear and worry. The aged houses do not wither without a story, the burnt tower shadows its sad tale of its abandonment, but still sings its beauty by the pure majestic sight of it. ever morning holds grace, and every moon carries rest in the legendary town of Ercuteak.
    There's a comment I think we would all want.

I like your intro's "intro" but the final part, the "wild" part, I like IR's better. Idk how, but maybe you could make it sound more like his in that area...?

Ironicly, I'm opposite of what I said above with your title screen. Love the main body, but the intro (and some other parts) dont seem to be loud and "based" enough....imo.

Love your Sunken Ship.

Is Mt Frost the same as frost town, with a remix?

Route 201 is GREAT! Love the feel, love everything about it. It might be just me, but I think it is Perfect! GREAT JOB! I listened to it over and over.

Route 202, 3, and 4 and 5 are pretty good. That being said, I think 205 should become 202, have 202 become 203 AND 205, have 203 become a really later route (at least 208) ,and have route 204 become a not as later one. (Possibly 207) I'm using the map and the "tilemaps" to look at.

I like the mountainous foothills back stuff but the stuff in the intro I'm not a fan of.

I REALLY like route 212 (except between 32 sec and 47 sec, seems a bit too different) by the way, whats on route 212.

Route to Aquapolis: Land makes me jumpy with excitment. Yet again, I gotta say...it in my eyes gets a PERFECT 10. (I can't wait till I'm surfing and walking this path)

I'm a good fan of the route to the pokemon league and the Route to Sedcini and Laysan.
    ---------------------------------------------
    now for my requests and slight comments.

For legendaries (yes I'm gonna bring this up again.)
    I was looking at sprites...and this is what I was able to picture (based on a REMIX look)
    Legendary Trio: Legendary dogs?
    Kuranpu: Uxie Azelf Mesprit theme. Mewtwo Stadium Theme
    Typhidna: Mewtwo Stadium Theme XD 001 (Shadow Lugia) Generic DP Legendary
    Unicrown: Uxie Azelf Mesprit Theme Deoxys theme.
    Kipporok: Regi mix Good mix, except intro) Dialga/Palkia
    etc....

Next, you said you wanted all the routes...here they are. The best map EVER!

speaking of routes, it might be just me. But there are a couple route themes that stick out to me. (to be edited in in a second)

Maybe, since I think everyone loves the old Goldenrod better, as one of your unknown cities, have something like this? (This guy can make golden rod sound "gold" He also does many others including the final battle)
    Last edited by Quinn; 06-19-10 at 02:21 AM.

Thats what she said

well this sucks...I go take a shower and watch some of a movie...I come back here to add the "awesome" sounding route lists, and I pasted the 60 min line....

"speaking of routes, it might be just me. But there are a couple route themes that stick out to me. "
    RBY (FRLG)
    Routes 3-9
    Route 11-15 (I LOVE this one)

GSC (HGSS) Have originals hyperlinked to "route" and HGSS's to the number, since most HGSS are strongly different than the originals. *sheds tear with Goldenrod
    Route 29 Although this a "beggining route, if remixed, it could work for alot of things.
    Route 30,31,33
    Route 47-48 (This seems like a REALLY good one for around portwind. Like route 221 or 222. Maybe even Soma Island (whatever that is)
    Main Kanto Route's

RSE
    Route 101 Ditto of route 29
    Route 111 Dont we have a basic one of this for the eye of sand? (I thought I heard one)
    Route 113 maybe 237ish?
    Meteor Falls I dont know, but this could maybe turn into a route. Idk, it popped up, so I started listening to it.
    Route 119
    Mt. Pyre Ditto of meteor falls.

DPP
    Route 203-4 Night. Idk why, but just LOVE most of the night and "dark" based themes for DPP...
    Old Chateau
    I dont know if I read this right, or if even at all, were you looking for the old chateau? I got resorces.Route 209
    Route 216-17 Day

yet again, I say I was thinking these as remix, not the actual thing. I'm just saying what I like. I dont wanna force on you at all, but I hope When/if you make more routes and stuff you can take these into consideration. I dont think you should use them all (if even any of them) though, they are just things I like. I had to hold myself back from going apeshit with other stuff.
    Last edited by Quinn; 06-19-10 at 06:48 AM.

Still No MIDI Keyboard

Just finished a Route 47 orchestration. Looking for CnCC.
    http://www.pokemontopaz.net/reposito...lea%20City.mp3
    Disregard the name, if you want, you can suggest other places for this to be used.

aut vincere aut mori

I like how upbeat it is.

Thats what she said

OMFG!!!! ITS ONE ON MY LIST!!!!! YAY! By the way, I LOVE IT!!!! Idk how, it isn't a perfect ten, but still. I give it an 8 1/2 to a 9 1/2. Its good enough. Like RP said, love the upbeatness and "wildness"

Administrator

STT and myself have been in communication towards getting music online on the repository.

I plan on making a template of how the music should show and I'll get in touch with PikangX to see what he thinks of it as well.

Irot is busy and probably doesn't want to be bothered.

Thats what she said

SWEETNESS! cant wait to hear them all, and alot more easier.

Resident Composer

I'd like to start off by saying that I am very happy to see that STT has continued on with the soundtrack. There are definite benefits to the soundset that is being used, but a major drawback is oversaturation. I know it's been addressed multiple times, and it has gotten better, but it's still a major problem in a couple songs. Below are comments I have with each arrangement STT has done thus far. Hope you find what I have to say helpful.

Battle Themes

Battle! Orion Defenders: This is a nice arrangement. I was planning on using an original track for this piece, but this could work. I'd be careful of the choir sound; its sustain characteristic occasionally mucks up the recording.
    Battle! Trainer: Another good arrangement. I'm glad you stuck with my original idea of using this melody for the Trainer Battle. Nice work on instrumentation.
    Battle! Unknown: Is this an arrangement? If not, excellent work. Sometimes the synthesizers are a little overwhelming. But I absolutely love the atmosphere.
    Elite Four Battle: Good arrangement. As the composer, I'm disappointed in my work here - I've thought about scrapping the piece numerous times. Your instrumentation is good, but oversaturation is an issue here.
    Rival Battle: Glad you caught the atmosphere in the first half. Really diggin' the organ! Second half is well done as well. Thank you for your work on this one.
    Spotted! Orion Defender: Excellent arrangement. Again, I love that organ. Careful with the choir again. Nice instrumentation, otherwise.

City/Town Themes

Cianwood City: Like your instrumentation. Might want to find an additional suspended cymbal in the beginning to replace the one that is absent from my arrangement. Saxophones are a little hollow sounding, not too big of an issue, though. I think I still prefer the guitar as opposed to the flute at the second section, though.
    Colossus City: Based on v3, as I find it superior to v6. This is one of my favorite originals I composed, so I was anticipating on being pretty harsh. I'm glad to say I was surprised at the result thus far. Your instrumentation is impeccable here. Only gripe is a little bit of oversaturation in the second half from the synthesizers. I would adopt your glissando from v6, though.
    Cranewing City: A small issue with the horns, the delay is a tad distracting. Otherwise, a good arrangement.
    Dynamo Gardens: Similar issue with horns in the beginning. Love the upbeat section. The minor section is good. Huge fan of the ending tutti, except I don't hear the clarinet suspension as clearly as I'd like to. Nice representation of my original intent.
    Frost Town: Another one of my favorite originals. Beginning is flawless, thank you. I'm missing a little bit on the crescendo into the repeat. I'm lacking a bit of bass, too. It leaves a little to be desired, in my opinion. Quick fix and this tune will have transitioned into exactly what my vision was. Many kudos.
    Mistvale City: Excellent instrumentation. Piano may be a bit too loud. Oriental flavor was kept and I am pleased.
    Olivine City: In my arrangement, I removed the background electric guitar. It cleaned it up a bit for me, so I recommend giving it a shot. Nice job otherwise.
    Roothaven City: Little known fact, I composed this song based on Petalburg City. The brass may be a bit too "fat and brassy," if you know what I mean. I'm keen on this arrangement otherwise.
    Unknown City: What a cute arrangement. I vote to keep this in the soundtrack. Well done, I'm impressed.

Dungeon Themes

I think the link is directed to the wrong spot. :x

Minigame Themes

Triple Triad: I'm glad you used my composition. I'm quite thrilled with the instrumentation you used. The only disgruntling part is the transition from A to B, but that is my fault as the composer. I hope to give you a better version to work with soon.

Route Themes

Mountainous Foothills: A heroic arrangement, indeed. I think the trumpet could be lowered an octave or two; it's a little too piercing to me. Well done overall.
    Route 205: A great arrangement. I'm disappointed in how short it is, which is again my fault.
    Route 212: I love the arragements where you get to express mystery and instability into the atmosphere. You do a great job. My vote is to officialize this.
    Route to Aquapolis: Glad to see that the arrangements I had are finally being given a home. Your arrangment captures mine quite well and I'm quite content with this.
    Route to Pokemon League: Oversaturation is a huge problem here. I like the direction where this is heading and look forward to your attempt at eliminating the over-the-top intensity.
    Route to Sedcini and Laysan: Excellent arrangement. Just the right amount of edge at the beginning. It's apparent you know how to arrange. I'm not sure I agree with the repeat point, though. Seems disconnected.
    Road to Gallea City: Awesome work. I love it.

Topaz Titles/New Game Themes

Title Screen: I think the oversaturation is a little too evident here. I would say the atmosphere was captured quite well, though.
    Topaz Intro: Brass is a little too edgy in the very beginning. There needs to be a darker sound, I think. The soprano and upper voices are overpowering. The faster-paced section is done well, but sounds hollow.

Overall, I'm quite impressed. Again, I'm slightly skeptical due to the oversaturation in some songs, but I think it can be worked through. And, STT, I think I can speak for the rest of the staff and community - thank you for the hard work you've done. It is truly appreciated. Keep it up and good luck with your musical growth. I'm excited to be able to have you working with me on this soundtrack.
    Haven't checked out the Pokemon Topaz Soundtrack? Click HERE!

Like my music and still want to hear more? Check out my compositions at IR's Music Corner!

Closed Thread