+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Cries

stuff

Default Pokemon Cries

More cries be done!

New ones include Embear2, Grizlare 1 and 2, Kondria2, and Pythang!

Comment away, people!
    Last edited by Blade Flight; 09-12-11 at 09:11 PM. Reason: obsolete method

PokeSilo Develope/Creator

what is this forum about, its like your only using this to develop some sort of game, and the members dont reply, so can someone answer my question please.

Administrator

We're developing a Pokemon fangame called Pokemon Topaz. Sorry for the mess and blankness right now we've just faced a forum crash and are in the process of restoring everything. Hope you stick around and see if you like it!

5. View Profile
  6. View Forum Posts
Banned

i dont even know where to find this game!

Valued Topaz Contributor

That's because it isn't released yet. We're still in the design process, and hope to have a demo released in the near future.

stuff

Sorry, guys, but I've decided to disallow access to my cries to all, but Zero, IB, Mewlover, and Chron...if I give it to anyone else, they may get deleted.

Instead, I'll post all the cries later!

• View Profile
  • View Forum Posts
  • Banned

yay i want to make sprites but cant get ahold of ImmunityBow.

stuff

Ugh, everyone, PLEASE stop using this thread as a place to discuss non-audio related things!

Resident Composer

It's kind of funny to think that we both work on audio development, but have never actually talked before... perhaps I'm too much of a hermit. v.v

Anyways, the work I've heard from you is pretty good and I'm glad that I'm not the one who has to do this like BlackTigress suggested such a long time ago. XD Quick question, though... the software we are using, there shouldn't be any issue with the layering of your cries over my music, right? I don't think it's been addressed before, so I might as well find out now. XD

Keep up the good work!
    Haven't checked out the Pokemon Topaz Soundtrack? Click HERE!

Like my music and still want to hear more? Check out my compositions at IR's Music Corner!

stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Irot_Rebod View Post
    Anyways, the work I've heard from you is pretty good and I'm glad that I'm not the one who has to do this like BlackTigress suggested such a long time ago. XD Quick question, though... the software we are using, there shouldn't be any issue with the layering of your cries over my music, right? I don't think it's been addressed before, so I might as well find out now. XD
    I'm fairly sure there won't be a problem...maybe you could test it out? I'm not sure, to be honest, but I'm confident that it'll work out.

Thats what she said

have you gotten your cries up somewhere? I wanna hear em so bad? Same with the music if you have it.

Administrator

Pikang, you might want to create a duplicate account and use that to show the cries to those other than admin/mods. Otherwise I can attempt to zip them all up and upload them somewhere.

stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    Pikang, you might want to create a duplicate account and use that to show the cries to those other than admin/mods. Otherwise I can attempt to zip them all up and upload them somewhere.
    I tried copying my MediaFire cries to a different folder, but I can't do that without having a MF membership.

How about this? I'll re-download the cries that aren't currently on my hard drive (which is a few) and then send them all to you or someone else to put on another MF account?

Also, I'm planning on more cries being done tonight, sooo...yeah. I'm thinking of doing the trio, but I'm not sure...

What else haven't I done that the demo needs?

Administrator

Spidream still needs to be done.

stuff

Adding the following cries for public access:

Venap
    Celsinge
    Echoise

Again, this is for those of you who haven't heard them and/or want to hear them!

stuff

I come bearing a gift...that gift being...

...the last cry needed for the demo: Spidream! Well, feasibly so, since powerlevelling would get you the final forms of the starters as early as then, but I think we should have a feature in that that only allows up to Faharmane, Mermeidon, and Traplent. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT that's just me.

I also did Gypseer and Jalsida, FYI.

Spidream.
    Arachmare.

With that, I will soon get to uploading other public cries, like the Embear and other lines.

Administrator

Spidream sounds really fitting! Great job on that!

Administrator

Still need those cries from you.

Tang, Tangerine!

I can't download the cried.
    All I get is the download button, I press it and I get: "Your download is starting..."

And I have been waiting for 10 minutes by now, and nothing...And I really want to hear them.

GaGa fan

Administrator

Pikang probably removed the links, or they expired from mediafire. Anyway, I haven't had time to add what he sent me to the repository yet but I uploaded them to a folder so you could listen to them. When you click the link, you'll get a list of mp3 files. You can click them or right click to save.

http://pokemontopaz.net/testde/cries/

Thats what she said

they all sound good, but I'm just wondering why some have a different "feel" than others. Some sound really clear, but others sound a bit "off"
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Tang, Tangerine!

If you want my honest opinion, since, I think, the best way to make the game better is to say a true opinion, I don't quite like them. They sound like machines. The only cry I like would be the one of Kondria, and that's good since she's my fave of Topaz.
    I don't know, I would include something like their names in some of them, you know, like Charmander cry is: "Charman-Char" and Mudkips is: "Mud-Muudkip" .
    This way they sound too much cyber and...unreal. But yeah, maybe thats too hard to be done.
    I would maybe change my voice in different scales, to imitate some of their cries, cause I think I can do it well, but I have no idea how to record it, and it would probably be of very low quality. :/

GaGa fan

Administrator

If you notice, in the games the cries are very much different from the anime versions. They don't say their names in cries.

But that said there's a lot of people who really dislike cries as they are in the games, so if you're willing to record all of them or find people who would be willing to act them out (oykawoo might also be interested, as a start) then I'd definitely take it into consideration.

Thats what she said

(I couldn't do this but) What do you mean by all? All as in "all of topaz's or all as in "ALL"?

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Administrator

That would mean all as in ALL, since we can't have just the Topaz Pokemon crying out their names while the canon ones keep in-game cries.

aut vincere aut mori

That would take a lot of unnecessary effort. I like the cries right now personally.

Thats what she said

yah, I'm kinda used to the "beepy" things. I do think "some" could go a bit less computery but yah, I'm alright with them as well. Just how some are clear and some are a bit "different". I dont know how to say it, but does anyone else get that?

stuff

The day my cries are replaced with actual "Pokemon-saying-their-names" stuff is the day I leave Topaz. That seems HORRIBLY unprofessional, and too much like that *shudder* awful excuse of an anime...

I mean, I'm open to suggestions, yeah, but that seems really over-the-top to me...but that's just me. Anyway, I have some new stuff (like Jalsida) and am working on others right now...

aut vincere aut mori

Yeah, I like the cries as is like I said before. The only in-game cry that was the name of the pokemon was Pikachu in Yellow Version.

Thats what she said

I am all for you and rp. Your stuff is good. I like it alot, just some are a bit different "feeling" if you hear them. Listen and you can deadlock it.

stuff

ERECTIN' A TOPIC-REVIVER

I seriously have been gone too long from this - I can't even remember what needs to be done.

IB/MLEX/RP/Neon, any of you guys still have access to my MediaFire account? I'll be glad to give you the password for it if you need it...

Thats what she said

and of course quinn jk

Yeah, I do wanna hear your stuff more. I'll gladly give C&C, whenever I'm hear.

Administrator

I probably have all your stuff saved somewhere, so I could make a list of what needs to be done. I remember on the old forums I had comments for every one of your cries too, which ones were acceptable and which ones were getting there etc. I'll try to fish it up. I probably also have the pw to the mediafire account somewhere in my PM backlog. Remind me sometime tomorrow, I'm tired (^_^)zzz

Thats what she said

I remember on the old forums I had comments for every one of your cries too, which ones were acceptable and which ones were getting there etc. I'll try to fish it up. I probably also have the pw to the mediafire account somewhere in my PM backlog.
    I know somewhere zero had some of the cries on a site. Is that up to date? I'm uber for these.
    Remind me sometime tomorrow, I'm tired (^_^)zzz
    that makes 3 of us.

stuff

I probably have all your stuff saved somewhere, so I could make a list of what needs to be done. I remember on the old forums I had comments for every one of your cries too, which ones were acceptable and which ones were getting there etc. I'll try to fish it up. I probably also have the pw to the mediafire account somewhere in my PM backlog. Remind me sometime tomorrow, I'm tired (^_^)zzz
    I'm ready for the list, finally.

Administrator

I sent your PW. Still trying to find that list.

Administrator

Okay, found the list:

Great job overall.

I've done a breakdown of every cry you have in your files, so here are my opinions:
    Passable:
    Abyssus - Lower pitched would be great
    Celsinge - A bit too digital-sounding for a cat
    Purior - Definitely lower pitched

Fine:
    Ampure - A little bug-like, maybe a bit more high-pitched?
    Cascadet - A little frog-like, maybe a bit more melodious?
    Destado - Don't know what I don't find great, it works but not my favourite.
    Echoise - Sounds a bit more like Mermeidon, though I like Mermeidon's own cry better. Also a bit digital, but not too bad.
    Equill - A bit digital, but otherwise fine. I imagined a bit more high-pitched
    Inflare - Maybe a bit higher-pitched
    Kondria - This sounds more like Ampure or Equill should. I imagined a bit lower pitched, more evil and forceful because it's poison etc.
    Malistril - A bit too digital
    Ohmure - I see the progression from Ampure, but this one is too harsh, it actually grates the ears a bit, though it's not too bad.
    Vilephist - I imagined it a bit more menacing

Great:
    Arachmare
    Atlaxa
    Bakurge
    Cackinge
    Caribrisk
    Cirroft
    Engil
    Fincherp
    Firant - I like the unsure one a little better, the second one sounds like it could be Pyreign because it ends on a downturn rather than an upturn (downturn sounds more like a command, more powerful and authoritative, and upturn more like a question and more like Firant)
    Frostorm
    Gargoth - don't see any difference between the two
    Iglonia
    Jackalant
    Lupine
    Mermeidon
    Mogel
    Moocalf - 3Small is a little less harsh on the ears and is softer, so maybe that one
    Phantern
    Pyroon
    Scorchion - Original is better
    Sinestril
    Skalloy
    Thoraxa - 2 is the best, the original sounds exactly like another, the possible is way too high pitched
    Trillogill
    Typhidna - a tossup between 2 and 3. 3 is a bit forceful and a little harsh on the ears. But that may be what you want.
    Venap
    From what I recall you ended up redoing all the ones marked "Passable", so those may be fine by now.

stuff

Thank you SO MUCH, IB! That list will help out GREATLY.

Except...I lack inspiriation. Damn.

Uh, any ideas?

stuff

Quote Originally Posted by PikangX View Post
    Except...I lack inspiriation. Damn.

Uh, any ideas?
    Sorry, guys, but I'm at a block right now. I need requests, pretty much, so start requestin'!

uh-ohs

What about Kunaiga. It could be like an icy roar kind of thing.