+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Reli's Back Sprite Factory

Thats what she said

for most all, I gave them some more body.
    also, for this line, they shouldn't have the whiskers, and I gave them fire
    (I gave kelvoyant the flames for a reason. I wanted it to look like he's manipulating the fire with psychic powers. ( though it doesn't look to swell)
    I scratched most of this, except the wings. I distorted the original frontsprites....since Im weak at this
    (Gashawk mostly just had some shading)
    Moocalfs nose was a bit too big, so I shortened it, and gave it ALOT OF BODY.

working with

Tsunall...his eye was HUGE! I think I captured him a bit different.
    vixun sucks, but I MOSTLY scratched him as well.
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Secret Agent

I like them! Especially Moocalf and Tsunall.

Thats what she said

thank you. Should I "edit" anymore? The legendary trio bugs me.
    (if you didn't know though, I didn't create any of these, but did edits, with exceptions to fincherp and vixun)

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Overworlder (I think)

The flames at the end of kelvoyant's paw could be bigger.

finchirp is good but u might wanna make the left face backwards like the right wing.

Moocalf is what I call impecable.

Purior is cool but it doesn't really need muscles.

don't take this the wrong way but Trillogil looks like it was made by a four year old child! (ok, now im just being mean.)

Tsunall is good but you could make his eye a bit more wide open.

I like Vixun but you could darken the outline at the edge of it's tail and I don't think it's necessary to have fire coming out of its mouth. Good idea though.
    http://www.pokemontopaz.net/ TOPAZ, AND PROUD OF IT!

http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/s...-Guy-s-Profile - My TRPG profile

Thats what she said

puriors old one was too short comparted to others, so I gave it more body, but less muscles? Kelvoyants flames are an easy change, but I'm actually debating if they should be there in the 1st place. Trillogill isn't done yet (though I might not finish him). Tsunall, like I heard, the fins could use a change, but the old eye was WAY too big, so I made it smaller. Is it too small though?

Administrator

Quinn, I'm going to have to ask you to reference who the original spriter is whenever you make an edit. That way you don't take credit for what is mostly other spriters' work.

While Moocalf looks good, don't you think that now too much is showing? Moocalf is really tiny, for that much to be showing it'd have to be on stilts.

What's bugging you about the legendary trio? They're some of our best backsprites. Feel free to edit but I feel that you'd be better off helping with the one's that aren't already done. Any edit you could make to one of LostBinary's or novoni's would be only somewhat of an improvement considering how high quality they are already.

For instance, novoni's Vixun:

That's pretty difficult to improve upon.

As for the others, I'm going to deal with them separately:
    Kelvoyant line: yes, they needed a colour change, but I don't think the whole fire paw thing was well executed. Celsinge and Fahramane are pretty well done though.
    Fincherp: The sprite does need a revamp, but I'm not too sure about the direction you've taken it. Definitely never, ever splice things from the frontsprite onto the backsprite.
    Gashawk: I don't feel that Gashawk needs to look any more shiny, the original looks much cleaner IMO.
    Moocalf: Enough of it is showing in the original, adding move doesn't mesh well with how short it actually is.
    Purior: Ditto. Purior's pretty short.
    Tsunall: Frankly, the difference is really, really minimal. The position is already unnatural enough (with reason of course, since it's literally a fish out of water) that I don't feel it needs jutting out any more.

Thats what she said

I mean yah, if everyone is still for the current backsprites, I'm cool with that. Just something's I believed needed some edits. What I mean by shortness is you look at something like Whismur, and most all of him is showing. Some of our bigger sprites seem a bit to short in the height area.
    PS. Though I have inplied it, I haven't really said it. Credit to all of the original backspriters.

Administrator

Now that I look at the Platinum backsprites, wow, even most of Togepi is showing. Maybe more of each Pokemon is necessary.

But my suggestion to work on what we don't already have done still stands. That's still more important.

Thats what she said

Very true....yet again, I would if I could, but all I can really do is edits, (If even that)

+ Reply to Thread