+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SS: Team Critiquing?

RPG Administrator

Default SS: Team Critiquing?

Here's my current SS Team, any comments or suggestions?

Skarmory Lv. 66 @ Muscle Band
    -Steel Wing
    -Fly
    -Slash
    -Spikes
    A beastly wall, has good Attack stat, i like it the way it is, besides the level.

Pupitar Lv. 52 @ Choice Scarf
    -Rock Smash-needs to get rid of
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch
    Not sure if i'm gonna keep him or not, once i get him to Tyranitar...

Amphy Lv. 71 @ Choice Specs
    -Discharge
    -Fire Punch
    -Thunder
    -Signal Beam
    Had since the beginning

Typhlosion Lv. 75 @ Charcoal
    -Eruption
    -Dig
    -Flamethrower
    -Blast Burn getting rid of for something else, though not sure what
    Starter, great sweeper

Feraligatr Lv. 100 @ Mystic Water
    -Hydro Cannon
    -Superpower
    -Ice Fang
    -Waterfall
    Beastly Tank, OHKO's everything

Dragonite Lv. 55 @ Dragon Fang
    -Dragon Rush
    -Dragon Claw
    -Extreemspeed
    -Dragon Dance
    Also not sure if gonna keep

Possible replacements are:
    Lv. 51 Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Lv. 42 Buizel @ nothing
    Lv. 35 Eevee @ Silk Scarf
    -will evolve into Glaceon, if possible.

Any suggestions, everything from Items, to moves, to replacements

Notice: I'm also willing to Breed Pokemon, if you like.
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

uh-ohs

You have a lot of redundant attacks. Its best to only have one attack of each type per poke. Like feraligatr dosent need hydro cannon and could get crunch instead by move tutoring.

RPG Administrator

well, it's not a pro battler team, i'm just trying to find a team that works for the BF...and i can't afford any move tutors...
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

Just a guitar and pen

Quote Originally Posted by NyteFyre View Post

Okay I'm gonna suggest 2 sets per mon, one a competitive set (Used for Battle Palace w/e and the other for general SS gameplay) Bracketed moves are alternatives in that slot. IF at any time I sound patronising or condesending, I apologise.

Skarmory Lv. 66 @ Muscle Band
    -Steel Wing
    -Fly
    -Slash
    -Spikes
    A beastly wall, has good Attack stat, i like it the way it is, besides the level.

Skarmory in-game is kinda moot, I find walls/tanks boring and stupid for ingame play when offense is the best defence. However, here goes:

Competitive: Skarmory (Leftovers) - Roost/Spikes(StealthRock)/Whirlwind/BraveBird. You need a majorly heavy move just incase you need Skarm to kill something at least so Brave Bird is there as it gets STAB bonus making it a 180 base power move. You can still kill shit like Heracross which is always ALWAYs nice. Rest of the set is self-explanitory really.

In-game: Skarmory (Life Orb) - Fly/Steel Wing/Roost/Spikes - Nice to use a HM as both an offensive move and be able to get about. Spikes for some battles where you can just get switch in pokemons weakened for you.

Pupitar Lv. 52 @ Choice Scarf
    -Rock Smash-needs to get rid of
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch
    Not sure if i'm gonna keep him or not, once i get him to Tyranitar...

Definately keep it once you get a Tyranitar, it will single handedly sweep teams in the Battle Tower at times and it's very very useful to use to take hits from Snorlax/Tauros and such.

Competitive: Tyranitar (Leftovers): Rock Slide/RockPolish(DragonDance)/Crunch(Fire Punch)/Earthquake - I'm unsure if you're in the position to breed for DragonDance but Rock Polish helps nonetheless since all Ttar needs is Speed to go with his already beasty attack anyways. This is my preferred set (I haven't bred a DDTar yet) for the battle tower and it owns ass

In-game: Tyranitar (Choice Band): Crunch/FirePunch(Focus Punch)/RockSlide/Earthquake - Yeah Tyranitar for ingame usage is kinda team filler, it serves no real help when it comes to HMs being able for use in battle AND outside. Fire Punch is a tutor move so it's up to you what to fill it with, if you feel brave, do by all means run Focus Punch.

Amphy Lv. 71 @ Choice Specs
    -Discharge
    -Fire Punch
    -Thunder
    -Signal Beam
    Had since the beginning

I also had an Ampharos from the beginning til about Saffron City when I just traded an Electivire over from my Pearl haha. It's a brilliant mon to use though from the start

Competitive: Ampharos (Leftovers): Substitute/FocusBlast/T-Wave/Thunder(T-Bolt) - I do personally think this is the best Amphy does, subbing and annoying teams, then hitting some resists with Focus Blast like TTar for a OHKO. Do be wary it's in your best interests that Amphy isn't too relied on since it is quite fragile

In-game: Ampharos (Wise Glasses): Thunder/T-Wave/LightScreen(Reflect)/RainDance(Toxic) - This was my set with it setting up screens and just taking the piss in general. T-Wave after your screen and rain dance then let the Thunder do the talking. You could just try Thunder on its own but I like having a peace of mind. Which screen is up to you on what you think your team is defensively weak (I'd say run light screen as you have a Skarmory though)

Typhlosion Lv. 75 @ Charcoal
    -Eruption
    -Dig
    -Flamethrower
    -Blast Burn getting rid of for something else, though not sure what
    Starter, great sweeper

My love aswell! I think your set is pretty bad since Typhlosions best set is possible by the time you reach Vermillion City.

Competitive: Typhlosion (Wise Glasses): Flamethrower(FireBlast)/SunnyDay/FocusBlast/SolarBeam - You might think it's bizarre to run both RainDance and Sunny Day on the same team but trust me, both pokemons with the aforementioned moves require them big time and it's worth the risk. This set is Typhlosions best possible set ingame without the requirement of any breeding or tutoring. You can obtain Solar/Focus by purchasing at the Goldenrod City department store for a combined total of 9000P. Sunny Day you get in the Radio Tower after you beat Team Rocket. This is a phenomenal set for the battle tower as little resists all 3 moves, mainly being Garchomp and Ttar switch ins that stop this completely. Ttar still dies to FBlast, you just have to hope it hits....

In-Game: Same set as above, it's too good not to use in-game.

Feraligatr Lv. 100 @ Mystic Water
    -Hydro Cannon
    -Superpower
    -Ice Fang
    -Waterfall
    Beastly Tank, OHKO's everything

....No. Don't run such a mixed set and hydro cannon. As you said, tank, run it for what it is.

Competitive: Feraligatr (Leftovers): Rest/SleepTalk/Surf/IceBeam(Earthquake) - Basically a shitter Swampert with this set but it's okay! I do suggest running a SleepTalk set as Feraligatr can take physical hits beyond well bar electrical/grass hits. It can also last a long time so do try this set out. I love using Sleep Talk but I'm unsure how comfortable you are with them

In-Game: Feraligatr (Life Orb): Surf/Waterfall(Crunch)/Ice Beam/Roar - You need HMs to travel about a bit and Feraligatr can do some damage albeit still needing 2 hits on most shit and defensive pokemons will trouble it, namely Weezings. But you're level 100 so it shouldn't be a problem.

Dragonite Lv. 55 @ Dragon Fang
    -Dragon Rush
    -Dragon Claw
    -Extreemspeed
    -Dragon Dance
    Also not sure if gonna keep

Dragonite is alright but everything it can do, Salamence just does so much better imho.

Competitive: Dragonite (Focus Sash): DragonDance/Outrage/Earthquake/Roost - Hardly anything can survive a DD Outrage if they aren't a resistor. This set sweeps the Battle Tower since it counters the biggest threats in there, Metagross/Salamence/Garchomp/Tyranitar. It beats all 4 hands down after a DD and it's cooool. Focus Sash is there so you can DD once, they switch in Ice hitter, you DD again and they hit you with ice move. You survive it and can sweep with +2 DD! This is also important with Sunny Day/Rain Dance in your team as you also run Tyranitar, the sandstream could seriously fuck this up if you get caught on 1HP and switching out so be wary when you switch this in (NOTE the weather at all times)

In-Game: Same as above but give Dragonite leftovers instead.

Possible replacements are:
    Lv. 51 Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Lv. 42 Buizel @ nothing
    Lv. 35 Eevee @ Silk Scarf
    -will evolve into Glaceon, if possible.

Any suggestions, everything from Items, to moves, to replacements

Notice: I'm also willing to Breed Pokemon, if you like.
    You are in some serious shit against a Swampert. It sweeps nearly all your team alone. I would suggest getting Snorlax in over Ampharos. And possibly try breed a good Scizor just to help you out (Despite it being the most overused bitch). Gengar is also amazing and you could probably do with one. Give stuff like Gengar, Pidgeot, Alakazam a try. They're all obtainable ingame and relatively early so levelling up is okay. If you are able to transfer/trade pokemons, I strongly suggest you swap Feraligatr for Swampert/Suicune. Heck, even a ChoiceSpecs Starmie would help you out big time.

Hope this helped.
    http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i272/DemonicNecromancer/Animemanpr.png

"We love the things we love for what they are." - Robert Frost, Hyla Brook

+ Reply to Thread