+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: santa trainer sprite

Thats what she said

Default santa trainer sprite

Sorry for posting in an older thread, but I looked at this and remembered something.
    SANTA CLAUSE
    (dont laugh too hard, this is the first time I've ever done something like this)

As obvious as this should be, I used a hiker as the idea. Now even if he isn't a gift giver, or a move tutor (better idea) I am kinda hoping he could be just an easter egg or something.
    Is there anything I can change on him to make him look "good"?
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Administrator

Not bad, actually, for a start! The gray beard makes him look a little bit "bad" if you know what I mean, I'd lighten it up. I'd also add fur lining to more parts of the sprite (the hat's rim, the sleeves) and edit some parts that are pretty clearly taken from the hiker.

Thats what she said

now again, since this is my first...let me get this straight...lighten the beard a bit and add a more fuzzy look? Also, can u give me any tips on gettin rid of more hiker look?
    (Yet again sorry for postin in an old thread, I just really like the idea....)
    To get off about him for a second...u think we could have him like a freaky move tutor, or just have him be an easter egg? (If, hopefully, he makes it?)

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Administrator

For removing hiker-ness, first of all you need to recolour the shades of red so they match, and edit the pants so they look less like dyed-red-canvas pants and more velvet-Santa-style. The boots also look a bit out of place so I'd recommend editing them too.

Thats what she said

alright, to make sure with the red, your talking about the pants right? And do u personally have any ideas with the boots? I'm guessing black boots?

uh-ohs

yeah go with black boots

Hiker Nicholas would like to battle? Yeahsure, Wynaut. Maybe make the eyes just a bit bigger, though? They're like....squinty now. Just looks weird.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    ― Douglas Adams

"Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!" - The Doctor

Thats what she said

I havent done eyes yet. I'm just pretty busy for a night or 2 (with the desk ready to be finally reasembled) but I'll try to squeeze him in.
    "Hiker Clause" Round 2 (I'm gonna make this sound like my shinies...lol )

Secret Agent

Looks very good, but I would make the sleeves red, and add some of the fluff around his waist to the bottom of the hat.

I say "I would", but in reality, its not like I coud do any good at spriting...

Thats what she said

this is the eye and more shading change. It took 30 minutes to decide on the eyes...only to add 2 more white pixels

the Dragon Master

I was thinking of like the red sleeves with some white cotton around the wrists...
    also I suggest removing the straps over his chest holding his shirt there since it's most times shown as a single piece shirt/coat. maybe add some white cotton down the center of the chest to the cotton looking belt.
    currently it looks good even as is...
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

Thats what she said

I think the straps are fine (might be just me), but I did change the sleeves.

Thats what she said

k...I started on these...yet again this is the first time I have ever done an "overworld" sprite....and yet again...I based it off the hikers.
    It isn't compete (as you can see), but I want ya'll to see it.

Now as you can see, I was thinkin he could just look around rather than run. If you think he should run...I've still got the originals and it is possible.
    I also though that we could throw a possible stanlter (HG SS) overworld by his side, or I could try to make a carabrisk. Another I was thinking, is he could chase around his "deer", like picko and Mr. Brinney in ruby/sapphire.

RPG Administrator

i always thought that Santa wore glasses...idk why, but the sprite seems a bit off in the face region, and i think some small wire-frame reading glasses would help...but that's just me...
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

Thats what she said

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    If you think he should run...I've still got the originals and it is possible.
    I also though that we could throw a possible stanlter (HG SS) overworld by his side, or I could try to make a carabrisk. Another I was thinking, is he could chase around his "deer", like picko and Mr. Brinney in ruby/sapphire.
    Alright, I got him done...without the running ones. I still dont know if anyone wants this. That being said, I found the HG SS stantler.

the Dragon Master

they all look pretty good to me...
    and Nytefyre: he doesn't always need glasses that's just the traditional way to draw him...
    my mom drew a version of santa one time (like early 90s i think) and he wears red green and white...
    the colors we use for santa today are from Coca-Cola... (see there logo--tis red/white...)
    but really he looks good regardless of the glasses...
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

Thats what she said

I've chosen to do the walking sprites too. Though I have been having some issues with the one of him walking right. Any ideas and/or help?

RPG Administrator

well, maybe replace those Hiker walking left sprites with santa ones would help...Also, the arm looks kind of like a noodle on the walking right one...maybe make it a bit more angled, and straightened, and move the bag up a pixel or 2 to compensate? Also, i don't see any fluff on santas right arm...

Thats what she said

I'm not the happiest with the hand either, but if I add another pixel to it, it actually cuts it into 2. I could see with the bag though. What do u mean wit the arm. The other hikers I'll do tonight.

RPG Administrator

well, his arm look like a noodle bent back, but not so that it breaks...it's too rounded, and looks kinda funky. make it more of a straight line, and that should help...

Thats what she said

alright, I'll try that. Hopefully by tommorow I can have this completed and an animation done.

RPG Administrator

can't wait to see how it turns out! maybe i could change up the stantler overworld to look more like carbirisk...idk...

Edit: Got a Caribrisk done. What do you think?
    Last edited by NyteFyre; 05-05-10 at 12:04 AM.

Administrator

The fact that it's smaller than its pre-evo Stantler is a little strange, and it needs visible outlines so it can be seen. The colours are good though.

RPG Administrator

hmm....-goes to work on it more-

i'm not sure why it's smaller than stantler, i guess that can be looked over, seeing as it's only an overworld. i am unable to make it bigger on my own...

This any better?
    Last edited by NyteFyre; 05-05-10 at 12:42 AM.

Thats what she said

looks fine to me, though the antlers could be a couple hairs bigger, and it needs eyes. I dont know why, but it is sometimes hard to view something without its eyes, they give it life.

and my animation. This took FOREVER TO MAKE!!!! OHHH MY GOD TYPE OF THING! Remember though, that this JUST AN animated gif....this isn't exactly how it will transition. Ya'll dont use animated gif for this, right? I dont think so.
    Example:

why is there a freaky wood background u ask? If I made it transparent, the cotton would blend with the forum, so I used it for contrast. Also, for most houses in the game, (to what I've seen) they have wood floors.

RPG Administrator

techincally, there are eyes, but seeing as Caribrisk has very light eyes, it makes them hard to see on the sprite...

Thats what she said

Breakin some rules with colors isn't always bad. I really think they could go darker...I can't even see eyes.

RPG Administrator

this any better? i followed you guy's suggestions, and got this.

Thats what she said

to me, that looks ALOT better though I think a pupil might look good. Idk though. Also, it kinda looks like his feet are floating....though that maybe just since the forum background is white too.

RPG Administrator

for me, the forum background is a sky blue, so i can see it better. Also, the Stantler sprite i molded into the Caribrisk sprite didn't have pupils, if you look closely.

Thats what she said

Yah, I just noticed that. Well I cant really see any problems...so if anybody else doesn't either, could u make a sheet?

RPG Administrator

sure, once i have the time.

Edit: found time.

Last edited by NyteFyre; 05-08-10 at 10:01 PM.

Thats what she said

alright. I'm gonna take these and make a little animation. Though animations aren't exact to how things transition, it gives a good taste.

Thats what she said

When I opened your sprite sheet. I noticed some slight issues...that being said here is the animation with his originals. Except I think I added some lines...and this one might be a bit faster than the one below since I made it move 8 pixels each time rather than six.

Here is my edits to the Carabrisk sprite sheet. I made it a bit more brighter, cyanish, and a bit less "saturated"

Here is my animation. This one I had it move 6 pixels over each time...so thats why its slower.

also as you can tell with the backgrounds...I was messing with them to see a possible color scheme for his house. At first I liked the 1st, though I later thought it could be more "colorised"...and thats why there is a background change in the 2 (I ramble lolz)

RPG Administrator

oh yeah, i forgot to change the tail, my bad...also, i tried to make it more Cyanish, but couldn't quite get it.

Thats what she said

thats fine. I was actually wondering, if even you could download mine and see if you can make the tail better? I think we all forgot about that .

RPG Administrator

sure, i could try, but i can't guarantee success...later...

Thats what she said

I'm guessing you either haven't had the time yet, or you couldn't find anything. I just dont want this to get buried in the forums. I think we have everything we need...the sprite, the overworld, the overworld for a carabrisk. All "I" can think of is giving him his party.

Administrator

I'm still not entirely keen on the sprite's face. He looks evil. The overworlds are quite nice though.

stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    I'm still not entirely keen on the sprite's face. He looks evil.
    We can call him Santa Barbara! *shot*

Cookie if you know which old issue of Nintendo Power I got that out of. >__>

+ Reply to Thread