+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Vicious cycle

But then the route numbering will be all messed up.

I'll try tinkering with the map, will come back with results in a few hours.

Thats what she said

I'll do the same
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Vicious cycle

WHOOPS ONLY TOOK ME HALF AN HOUR, MY BAD

Seven water routes, more interesting layout.

(Note that, aside from the edits to the water routes, this is the most current version of the region map.)

Thats what she said

nevermind about my edit, that one is SWEEETTT!!!! I'm all for it. Now my question is, is how should people choose which fork to go through? Maybe trainers in one, and high encounters in another? idk.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Vicious cycle

Actually, by the time you get to Gallea City you still won't have Surf yet, and you need someone with a boat to ferry you to Portwind, like Captain Briney in RSE. Later on, once you get Surf, you're free to explore all the water routes.

Vicious cycle

Edit #2. Made a few minor changes: Aquapolis City (and the route surrounding it) was moved a block to the left. I also extended a water route to underneath Neo Bay and Sunset Village, which I think is kinda neat.

Better Than That Guy

Could we make Route 218 (I think that's the one with Rapture, I mean Aquapolis City in it) more like a normal route (rectangular)? I don't really feel like remaking it to be square.

RPG Administrator

Soooo.....i don't see any way to get to Cianwood, and Olivine. Is there a cave or something? You can't Fly there (till you get there), and there are no Water routes, except the one that connects Cianwood to Olivine. Maybe it would help to have all the cities/routes, and special features, a.k.a. mountains, and caves listed, cause I still don't know where everything is on the map, save for Neo Bay, and Sunset Village.
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

Thats what she said

*nyte. Earlier in the year, a suggestion was made that we should have the HGSS route route 48-safari zone thingy. Many people (if I remember right) liked it, so thats gonna be how they connect. From the safari zone though, we are going to have to BS a cave or a route to connect them.

also, the suggestion that I have been forgetting to post for about a month, it has to deal with Victory road.

So, everyones got a dream team right? What if "we" were the final battles in victory road? We choose 3-5 of the pokemon that we like best, a trainer that suits us, like a hiker or a cootrainer, or a beauty, whatever, and we are the trainers in Victory road. Though, totally serious, I dont think "Pokemon trainer Immunity Bow, or Hiker Zeroality sounds good. We could PM our names to whoever to have it like "Pokemon Trainer Quintin"

RPG Administrator

Oh, yeah I was thinking something like that may have been what, but I was hoping for a definitive decision..

I like that idea, actually. Kind of a way to "Honor" those who helped make the game. However, getting the demo out is our main priority right now, so that will probably be up for discussion later. Try to think of things for the early routes, if you can.

Thats what she said

Youngsters!!! Help. They need to get finished and confirmed for the demo. NPC lines would be welcome either in the NPC area, or I'll allow them in my sprite area, for the time.

aut vincere aut mori

Most of the NPC lines needed have been created already. All that's needed are some trainer lines for places like Chartree forest, as well as gym trainers since the cities are all pretty much done.

Vicious cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Black Temple Gaurdian 750 View Post
    Could we make Route 218 (I think that's the one with Rapture, I mean Aquapolis City in it) more like a normal route (rectangular)? I don't really feel like remaking it to be square.
    We're going to have to remake the maps to put into RPG Maker XP. If you're too lazy to do it then someone else will.

I know you all want to insert your mark into Topaz, but for now we need to focus on getting the demo out. Have your dream team ready and we'll put them in when the time is right.

Administrator

I had a long post suggesting what to do without realizing that there was an additional page of posts in this thread so I ended up deleting it as it became moot after seeing neon's updated region map.

So Neo Bay is no longer an island?

Vicious cycle

Neo Bay can still be an island, I just thought moving it to the coastline would be better than just having a fake-looking ring of water around it.

Administrator

Makes sense, especially since it's "Neo Bay" and not "Neo Island".

Secret Agent

Definitely.

Thats what she said

Yet again, all for the new map. Also, I'm definetly willing to redo route 218 when the time is right, if BTG doesn't wanna.

AWESOMENESS, we are gonna be the "final challenge"! *maybe dragon tamer quinn, or drummer quinn*

About waters edge, that seems like a yes right? I was also thinking, for fountains, like in my roothaven, which is made (excluding the HUGE-ASS tree) have a quiet water sound, like the soothing pond stuff you hear on your mothers CD's :P. Same with ponds themselves...but still, most important, the oceans...which sound like they are a yes.

I was reading the older walkerthrough, and I read about an "encyclopedia in the library that talks about how Topaz was created. AWESOME! IT COULD BE LIKE THE TOTAL BRAGGING AREA!!! have a basic thing on how we are creating the game, and then have a look up on names. You enter 1st letter, say Q for quinn, or Z for Zero, and it comes up with a list of all of the people here that have a name with that. You scroll down, find whoever's name, and it says what all they did for topaz. Like me for example, Quinn: Created about 300 shiny pokemon sprites, ___ won the polls. Created the title screen. Created Mirror B, youngster, Saint Nick, Drummer, Possessed one (etc...). Created ___ battle animations. Created ____ map designs. And for all the leaders, like Neon and IB, says they were the leader for ___ years. yet again, TOTAL BRAGGING AREA! It would be perfect when I put this on my resuma (yes, since I wanna go into game design as well as woodworking, saying I helped create a game, and show proof is sure to get me somewhere ).

Secret Agent

Suggestion 1: Quinn, get your ego under control.
    Suggestion 2: A wheelchair pokemon trainer.

Thats what she said

* cyndaquil Hahahaha. I dont wanna see you getting it all over your shoes again. Though I still kinda think it is a decent idea, since it IS an encyclopedia. (and to add to that, I VERY rarely have an ego, I'm the quiet, shy guy, but not mousy. Those people creep even me out)

your other suggestion is going to get alot of mix, I can tell now.

Secret Agent

Why is that?

Thats what she said

what my bad ego? or the wheelchair trainer?

Ego, I've normally never really had, including here. Those are just things that I have done/will do (with some more) I've never really had "an ego", I just am the quiet person.

Wheelchair: If we make it, it would look out of place, if we deny it, it may make us look cold.

Secret Agent

How would the trainer look out of place? I would put that in the "Questions" tpic, but its already here.

Thats what she said

where would you put it? in a field? in a city? But yet again, its a mixed topic.

Secret Agent

Anywhere. Where is acessable to wheelchairs? I know people in wheelchairs who like to go on forest trails. That does seem slightly odd to me, though...

Thats what she said

Kinda true, I know some wheelcare people who love going everywhere and anywhere. Like I said, very mixed. We shouldn't be the only ones talking about that though.

For remembering reasons.
    Map?
    Water sounds?
    Encyclopedia?
    Water encounters?

Administrator

We could always use some "currents" such as those they use near Pacifidlog Town, which don't have any encounters at all and travel even faster. There does happen to be Soma Island, Twilight Cave and Aquapolis City as diversions from the constant random encounters.

Also having sound for water and grass seems easy and atmospheric, that's a good idea.

Thats what she said

YAAAAHHH!

what about the bragging encyclopedia thingy, and the wheelchair?

Administrator

I'm not sold on the bragging encyclopedia. Back on the old forums we tried documenting who did what and it really ended up failing. Ultimately a lot of things are hard to judge: sure, I may have made the winning entry for Growlithe but it was still a group effort. Often winning entries are based off of 3-4 people making edits to an original, and then who do you give credit to? Dolphure, for example, in which I made the original entry concept but Piro edited it until it was entirely unrecognizable and so much better, yet it was still my concept. Do you get me? I think it would just lead to the possibility of a lot of bickering, and time wasted.

I don't quite understand what exactly the wheelchair does.

Thats what she said

true. maybe we could keep the idea of the encyclodpedia alone then (from the old storyline) and then just have a list of all of the producers...no bragging. (I guess I could still use it in my resumea)

Vicious cycle

Quinn, if you're concerned about your future resume, having your name listed in the credits is enough to authenticate you as a Topaz staff. In your resume you can then begin to describe what exactly you did for the project, and you can even brag a bit - if it lands you a job, nobody here will hold it against you for exaggerating your contributions.

Thats what she said

true. So what about the wheelchair trainer?

and last, with the map, should the routes and stuff be put on there?

Vicious cycle

I'm going to have to say no to the wheelchair trainer. We're venturing into controversial territory here.

The routes are easy enough to figure out from the now-outdated map posted earlier in this topic, but you can go ahead and add them if you want.

the Dragon Master

i have to agree about dropping the wheelchair trainer as this will cause a ton of problems and the fact that dropping in a book of who does what wouldn't go over well...
    though putting yourself into the game as the game designers (in place of game freak) wouldn't be a problem since game freak, nintendo, pokemon and creatures aren't making the fan games just the canon ones...
    (i'm gonna put me and a couple of my friends in as the game freak replacement and i've had this idea since i started working on it prior to this post [for an idea it was long before the latest theme/layout change for the site])
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

Vicious cycle

Who are your friends? Have they done anything for Topaz at all? I'm pretty sure the GF staff replacements in Topaz will be all important contributors, such as IB and Zero. No matter how long ago you had the idea, there's no way we'll sacrifice those positions for your friends who we haven't met yet.

aut vincere aut mori

I think he might be talking about his own game on that one.

Vicious cycle

I was not aware of that. My bad then.

Also, as for how to get to Olivine/Cianwood (something Nytefyre brought up earlier), I was thinking that Prof. Willow just takes you there on his boat.

RPG Administrator

you mean HER boat?

Vicious cycle

Wow, ok. Yeah, my mistake. Again. Looks like I'm sleeping early tonight.

Thats what she said

I had an idea. 1st, you have to go through the HGSS route's and once you are at Olivine city, the boat can take you to and from the ports around caldera/kirant.

+ Reply to Thread