+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Thats what she said

I'm getting Galaxy 2 as well (a bit late for my B-day though) in about a week.
    I was thinking though we are "replacing" DPP, I think we should keep some items, like the new pokeballs (dusk balls, Heavy balls, quick balls, etc.)
    Also, I'm kinda wanting to finalize the "clause" so I'm trying to get suggestions for that.
    there was something else, but I forgot.
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Wait, what "clause"?

Thats what she said

"Hiker Clause". Santa Clause. Saint Nick, whatever you wanna call him. I'm trying to finalize him, though lately people haven't commented on it so much. (Same with shinies, we still need more, though I dont see many comming in anymore)

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Administrator

Let's try to keep on-topic here.

Thats what she said

yah sorry bout that. But about my other suggestion, with some of the items...?

Thats what she said

bump with my item suggestion...and.....
    I think we should have a custom Jirachi sprite for topaz. Since it is the "main" pokemon, it just sounds better that it has an original sprite.

Administrator

Sure. I wouldn't mind that at all. If someone would like to attempt it feel free. I might too sometime.

Thats what she said

I already tried. I made him kinda "big in the stomach" though. ;P, so I deleted it.
    Yah, get some spriters goin...I wanna see what all some could come up with.

Administrator

As I stated in another thread, I don't want to make custom sprites for all returning Pokemon but Jirachi is an exception due to it being the featured Pokemon.

Thats what she said

This isn't a suggestion as much as just a fact.
    WE NEED TO CONFIRM THE KRAKLAW SPRITE! It looks good now, but there needs to be some edits to it...what exactly, I can't pin down on...it just looks a bit "different". There are about 30 more polls worth of shiny pokemon left to do, and since Kraklaw is still one of em, we need that sprite!
    Also, suggestionish, but a request....we need more shinies in the middle parts of the dex, like Chiarame's line, Slowpreist, Mallarge. etc. (I would make the Smallard Line poll, but it would be only with my stuff)

Administrator

Then bug people to make the shinies.

I don't recall a Kraklaw sprite being posted. Other than the pixel-over, which isn't going to be accepted for reasons stated in the other thread.

Better Than That Guy

Oh really?
    http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/s...ull=1#post6601
    There's also a new Firrel in that thread.

Thats what she said

I dont know yet about the new Firrel, but that kraklaw needs to be finished and confirmed. We are starting to get close

Administrator

Ugh bad memory. IB needs to give his input there.

Administrator

Please, Quinn, it's not actually ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY WITH ALL CAPS TO GET DONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Kraklaw isn't coming out until the final game. There is plenty of other things to do before then, and I'm spending enough time trying to get on Topaz in the first place with this whole connection timed out issue.

As for the sprites X-Antibody made, IIRC (I clicked the link and the page didn't load, I'm sure it's working but I can't view it right now) there wasn't even very much opinion on it. Look towards getting more general approval. (I also want to finish off my own version)

Thats what she said

well, if were getting all the shinies done now, shouldn't we get them "all" done.
    Also, though we will probably have our own jirachi sprite, should we use original backsprites?
    1 other thing. maybe it could be the 1 animated sprite.

Administrator

Definitely not Jirachi being the 1 animated sprite. It's just giving players a taste of something we won't really be able to provide, you know? And it doesn't fit. Original backsprite, maybe, if anyone's up to it.

I'm not willing to rush in a front sprite for the sake of completionism on shinies. There's nothing stopping us from changing the shinies again if the time comes that many people are unsatisfied with one of the "official" ones. Shinies won't ever really be "done" until the game is released.

Thats what she said

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    Original backsprite, maybe, if anyone's up to it.
    I"m up for it, it saves time.
    I wont go off topic, but to spice it up a bit, we could have a resized RSE if people like that one better. (I'm gonna post my ideas in a spoiler to save space)

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    Shinies won't ever really be "done" until the game is released.
    Very true....very true.

This is a pretty random question:

Any chance of a Topaz sequel? With D/P pokemon + the normal topaz pokemon + new pokemon sprites + the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn pokemon. That would be AWESOME.
    I've been catalogging down every single pokemon that just pops into my head (so far I have about 120) so I'd love to put a few sprites into a Topaz sequel. Here's one I came up with.

Flaremingo Type: Fire/Flying The Phoenix Pokemon Height: 3' 4'' Weight: 49 lbs Ability: Early Bird/Vital Spirit Possible Moves: Ember, Gust, Sand Attack, Steel Wing, Flamethrower, Wing Attack, Extremespeed, Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, Fire Blast, Close Combat.

aut vincere aut mori

That's a long ways away. I mean a LONG ways away. If you are still hanging out by then and there are enough people interested, then perhaps a Topaz sequel could happen, but we should focus on the current project first.

Better Than That Guy

I've been thinking, Bakurge is ooold. And I mean old, way back to Pokerealm old. Isn't iit time he was remade or at least reshaded?

badgerdude's idea rocks!
    POKEMON TITANIUM VERSION nice ring to it if i do say so myself............................
    TRPG profile

3DS Friend code: 3711-7748-4916
    I has X, Looking for Y stones, will trade for good stuff.

Administrator

Bakurge is indeed really old, along with Kraklaw, Scorchion, Mogel, Ohmure and co. Revamps of any of them are appreciated.

Thats what she said

I know Kraklaw is being done, my scorchion was a failure, and I think Mogel could become more "ninja" like to go with Firrel.

Smile

THANK YOU SILVER!!!!!! SOMEONE FINALLY AGREES. HOORAY!!! I like the name too. Keep holding on to Topaz dude. Then we can begin Pokemon Titanium version!

P.S. To whoever posted that really long time comment, I guess that means we're gonna add some Black/White Pokemon into the game!

aut vincere aut mori

Uh... I guess. Let's focus on this game first please.

Thats what she said

lolz. I'm on RP's side. We need to keep our minds with our current game 1st. Thats at least a year in the future. I do have a couple suggestions though.
    1st. Sounds. In HGSS there was the sounds off rusling through grass and water. Grass, I could care less about, but water....yesssss! When you on the edge and you can hear the waves....yah. That would be an awesome feature.

2nd. Keep the amount of water as is. I heard its being considered that we might get rid of some water. DONT! Look at the Hoenn region. Half of that region IS water. Keep the water please. For this fish, let the water stay.

3rd. I dont know if its possible yet, but grass on mountains. That might seem kinda stupid, but some of those mountain routes, are mostly mountains. there isn't much room for grass, so have a bit on the mountains. (I can't remember if that is in the real games or not).
    Thats all now.

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    1st. Sounds. In HGSS there was the sounds off rusling through grass and water. Grass, I could care less about, but water....yesssss! When you on the edge and you can hear the waves....yah. That would be an awesome feature.
    That would be awesome.

2nd. Keep the amount of water as is. I heard its being considered that we might get rid of some water. DONT! Look at the Hoenn region. Half of that region IS water. Keep the water please. For this fish, let the water stay.
    I agree, but if I remember correctly there are not alot of Topaz water pokemon.

3rd. I dont know if its possible yet, but grass on mountains. That might seem kinda stupid, but some of those mountain routes, are mostly mountains. there isn't much room for grass, so have a bit on the mountains. (I can't remember if that is in the real games or not).
    Thats all now.
    There are patches of grass on mountains in some games. I don't see why that would not be sensible.

Thats what she said

1. Cool to see agreement
    2. All other regions have mostly Tentacool in the 1st place, I think we could strech what more we have around.
    3. Exactly. It makes more possible pokemon areas, and more mazes.

uh-ohs

Tentacool isnt even in this game. thats how much we hate it.

Thats what she said

exactly. Although there isn't much sea pokemon, we have a bit more than just tentacool, and some other BS.

Vicious cycle

A few arguments for modifying the water routes:

1. Most people I have talked to find water routes annoying as a whole. In fact, many people disliked Hoenn simply because of the huge amount of water. This is probably due to every water tile being an Pokemon encounter tile. We can potentially solve this problem by a) drastically decreasing encounter rates, b) make only certain water tiles have encounter rates (rough seas or something), or c) remove encounters while surfing entirely, relying only on fishing/diving for water Pokemon.

2. The water routes at the bottom of the region map are all pretty much 3x3 squares. This is not only boring but also may get confusing in the game. The least we could do is create some variety in the route shapes.

Secret Agent

I like B!

the Dragon Master

i agree with the last few posts dealing with adding the sounds to the water and changing the water routes and encounters...
    also may say that if you do change up the encounters for fighting pokemon via fishing/diving that you should keep the birds on the surface at least...
    it'd make a lot of sense for birds to be found over the water every once in a while (but not as often as tentacool/magikarp)

and another thing are yall gonna tone down the zubat/geodude encounters in the caves a little???
    because those are very definitely annoying especially since you find them more than u find tentacool/magikarp...
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

stuff

Geodude and Zubat are not in Topaz intitally, so yeah, we're "toning it down".

Thats what she said

Yet again, it might be just that I'm a water lover, but I actually like the sound of the encounter water in only some areas. It makes it a bit easier to get through water, but kinda "fun" to find the water pokemon you want.
    For the routes...dont cut them, but join them. There isn't anything stopping us from mixing all of those into like 2-4 routes.

To be more clear, have the water sound, have encounters only in the ocean (not the little ponds and streams) Have bird pokemon on the surface and have to either fish on the edge or on your surfing pokemon to find water pokemon, like Trillogill.

aut vincere aut mori

Trillogil is meant to be found in the ponds and streams though. All of the current water encounter rates have it there. I say we just lower the encounter rate in water. That's not so extreme but solves the problem.

Thats what she said

I never thought of that. THANK YOU!!!! Saves the water, and the speed of moving (dont have to encounter stuff all the time)

Vicious cycle

Even with changes to the encounter rate, I still think we should change the layout of the huge water region at the bottom. That area alone is twice the size of all the water routes in Hoenn combined. We simply do not need this much water in one place.

Thats what she said

instead of "moving" it and jumbling life up, what if we "squished all those routes into 2-4, and scooched the champion tower/ victory road a bit over to the left? instead of it being under the olivine area, move it under cianwood, or maybe, if people dislike water so much, gallea city? and then aquapolis just being in between.

+ Reply to Thread