+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Thats what she said

I knew it was outdated, but I didn't know "that" much. Is it safe to ask the e4 now? Is water 3rd or 4th?
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Administrator

I think the last one was going to be the Light-type one, to showcase the Light-type.

There are:
    Torrence / Torry - Water
    Layla - Dark (Whose name is incidentally arabic for Night)
    Grayson - Steel
    Tristan - Light

Thats what she said

OMFG!!!! ITS IB!!!! You still on vacation??? hows it been??? you gonna read all the suggestions? OMFG!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow
    OMFGSPLOSION
    !!!

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

We've been on a roll. Trust me, you're gonna want to read everything from around Page 4 on. And that's only partially because of what I suggested.

(Hopefully that didn't come across as arrogant.)

Better Than That Guy

Instead of adding more gyms, why not just have places like the Fighting Dojo from FRLG?

Thats what she said

I for one think we should add the gyms, but maybe have a fighting dogo, like HGSS instead. Where you battle the leaders again...if not that, they have a rematch thingy like in RSE. (though I dont like that idea, because the vs seeker is alot better)

Better Than That Guy

Gyms have always had a set number. To change it would be just stupid. Also, FRLG is better than HGSS IMO just because they've started milking a dry cow (their imaginations).

Thats what she said

always, like GS? That had 12, along with the dojo. I kinda disagree, HGSS added more to a region, FRLG just added some islands. (though that game still ROCKED...one of my favorites) Not to get off topic though, but GS are the originals, and they will ALWAYS be my favorite.

Better Than That Guy

Gold and Silver didn't have 12, they had two regions, two seperate entities with two seperate Gym quests. On was from Red/Blue/Yellow and one was the "host" region.

Thats what she said

true, and we can use that for our part.
    We have 2 regions. 6 in one, 6 in the other. The other arguement came up though that one is smaller so it could have 4 while the other has more. Or the last one, of it just being 8. Some here and some there.

Vicious cycle

Count the cities in each region.

Kanto: 10
    Johto: 10
    Hoenn: 16
    Sinnoh: 15
    Kirant/Caldera: 20

We have a humongous region. 8 gyms will really seem too sparse. I know 8 is the traditional number, but if a change is both fresh and practical then we should just roll with it.

Thats what she said

^like I said earlier. Also someone said, "if this works right, we will have a really good thing going". We just gotta make it go right.

not to get off topic, though I still like BTG's dojo thingy as well. Maybe just a kick back area with battles, or a rematch area...idk.

Better Than That Guy

I say two sets of gyms. GSC had both the Kanto and Johto region so it had 20 cities and 12 gyms. Also, it means we can reuse some types if we wish.

Secret Agent

I thought GSC had 16...

Better Than That Guy

Gah, it was early, I meant 16.

Secret Agent

Yeah, everyone has been saying 12, so I got confused.

Thats what she said

I kinda think 16 is pushing it though. Hell more gyms = more fun, but still. 12 might be a better option IMO. As much as I would love a water gym, it might look bad if we have types in both gyms and elite 4. There isn't enough types for 16 gyms along with the E4.

Better Than That Guy

Well then back to the Dojo suggestion. Instead of gyms (what badges would they give out?! What would they enable?!) have challanging gym-like areas that give various items and pokemon as prizes. It could be like, the regional challange cup or something.

Thats what she said

have the speed attack raise for some. HM's for others. and just the TM alone for the few others.

I'm for a regional cup. Maybe in Collossus city. Have a giant building (possible the pokeball one) and inside have tournaments. Battles, double battles, and maybe that overworld battle thing I read about long ago.

Secret Agent

I believe he meant that the dojos were the regional cup.

Thats what she said

eh. I have yet to see a reason to put that building in Collossus (though I will anyway, since it looks AWESOME...if you haven't seen it, look on the sheet) But instead of it being like a corperation or something, it could be a tournament area. With those 3 different battle thingies.

Vicious cycle

A regional cup, by the sounds of it, is...just the Pokemon League challenge. No reason to unnecessarily rename something.

And let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here. A tournament building would be cool, but like the Frontier buildings will require excessive work. At this point we need to focus on the main features and not sidequests.

Thats what she said

yeah. (tough trying to keep focused though, if you know what I mean)

the Dragon Master

curious but what in the world happened to adding the Battle Frontier???
    i was sure that somewhere it was mentioned that the BF buildings would be scattered around the region and if that's so then maybe we can still keep the 8 gyms and just use the BF from Emerald and scatter a couple of buildings around and group the rest within a "city" (or that little square thing from RSE)
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

Thats what she said

battle frontier is up in the air. They are spread throughout the region though. Like in Mistvale, Olivine, Roothaven, Saharan etc.

Vicious cycle

Battle Frontier is far beyond our scope at this point. Don't even think about it anymore.

the Dragon Master

oh gotcha...
    well just wondering is all...

though another thought has just struck me...
    y have more than 8 gyms???
    i mean don't we have to fight like team rocket or orion defenders???
    they have enough to pretty much constitute a gym to begin with and the fact that you'll actually have to fight them about 2-4 times that right there could take care of teh 'lack of gyms' feeling...

Thats what she said

me and a friend here were talking last night. One of the things that came up were topaz (of course) And we brainstormed. I talked about water gym, as well as E4 dude. If we have all the gyms we are talking about, there will probably have to be exception. Remember Juan and Wallace? Ironicly there water as well.

Next, mandy. (friends idea) So we can get rid of Hanzo and Fernando right? Mandy could be poison, but goes up in Roothaven. She travels back and forth between Roothaven and Hollowlog, to see the forest and stuff. Hanzo is replaced by a water gym, since its all misty and stuff.

last...who doesn't like cheats? (both our ideas) We both have used the action replay before, and its fun (after you beat the game). I was thinking we could have those type cheats like the ones in the old nintendo games when you put in a phrase, and it gives you whatever in return. Like as a shiny creator, I wanna see my shinies. So something like "topaz shinymon" would make shinies a 1/20 or something. yeah.

I have always kind of think 10 leaders would be good.

I made a couple trainers

Pop Star Trainer

Mechanic Trainer

the Dragon Master

I do like the idea of having more gyms than what they give in the games because it breaks away from the traditional stuff a little, cause even i have a region where it's got more than 8 but it's storyline is kinda connected to another region as well...
    @quinn: yes i believe some "cheats" are in order but set up the game so that you can type the crap in rather than search through words or add a typing ability along with the word search (cause i hate those words and i prefer using my own instead) and yes i do believe they should actually unlock something there...
    @badger: your pics arent coming in... although those do sound like they could be good trainers...

Better Than That Guy

Hmmm... maybe have cheats hidden throughout, some in unown language, some in hard to reach places, etc.

I'm liking the idea of a cheat that allows you to change a pokemon's ability. It'd be nice to be able to cycle through each ability to see how they interact without having to catch all the pokemon. Oh I know! It could be like the developer's console commands in valve games, there for testing purposes but can be used for cheating.

RPG Administrator

Ehh, I was thinking make them available after you beat the E4 or maybe beat the Jirachi thing. That way, people don't just cheat to get thru. I find that no fun. Maybe you could make them in hard to reach places, that can only be accesed by like an HM or something that you get after the E4. I dunno. Just don't make them accesible early.
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

Better Than That Guy

Oh no, you know how cheats range in their potential?
    Well have the lesser one's (maybe a shinifier) earlier and the more potentially game breaking ones later on.

Thats what she said

I want a shinyifyer so my team can be my creatons. (you know what I'm talking about right? Like in old turok. You type it in, and you get it. Also, as you defeat levels, they are awarded.

I think some fun ones like shiny would be nice for a start...but major things like one hit kill and stuff....later.

Vicious cycle

At one point we're actually hoping to implement a trading system, and maybe even a battle system. While I can see the appeal in having in-game cheats, we'll have to limit their game-changing potential.

For example, we can have a cheat that turns the game to "hard mode", where your Pokemon take twice as long to level up, or have reduced stats, something along those lines.

See, I don't want in-game cheats to have no drawback whatsoever. I'm thinking along the lines of the hidden skulls from the Halo series. Regarding shinies, for instance, I don't want something that can automatically turn your Pokemon shiny. Perhaps one where the shiny encounter rate is increased to 1/16, but also reducing your catch rate.

Thats what she said

now that sounds good. With one exception with a shiny thingy though. Starters. If you started off with the cheat on...your starter would be. *ironicly though I made dionares...I would still go with Dolphure )

Thats what she said

I'm surprised. This place like just died or something.

Along with my suggestions above ^, I've got more

5 new moves. I was on the Pokegroup and I saw many like Serberine. They were also talking about if we had the 3 fangs, they would go PERFECT with them. Make some little alterations, and create our own 3 fangs. Like Blaze bite, Static bite, and "Frost" bite.

Last, I was looking at the place where if you came too late, what you would have wanted. Acid rain, Thunderstorm, and the other, though not sure of, aftershock.

the Dragon Master

about finding those cheats i think that they should be set up so that you can't trade, or battle with "sharked" pokemon but be able to use the regulars....
    and as for being able to find them we should put them all in as braille since in the games you only ever use braille like once or twice and if you're smart enough to go get a walkthrough that's free to download then you don't need to really translate it (in the main games) but it would be good if we added a lot more braille everywhere like in a library have a book written in braille with information about cheat codes saying u cant use them without 1st beating the E4...
    as well as having braille scattered about on rocks and junk in the region where you have to remember where you found it and try to translate it...
    though maybe not so much that we cant remember where the specific braille is located...

what the hell is a sharked pokemon
    TRPG profile

3DS Friend code: 3711-7748-4916
    I has X, Looking for Y stones, will trade for good stuff.

the Dragon Master

basically it's a hacked pokemon of sorts, it's short for Game Shark or Game Sharked meaning you cheated to get the surfing Pikachu or the Mew or something...
    this goes for anything related to hacking the rom such as Action Replay and others...
    basically if you need to get a device, put in a code and get the pokemon/powers/etc. then your hacking or sharking...

+ Reply to Thread