+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WarioWare: DIY!

stuff

Default WarioWare: DIY!

So, yeah. I need ideas for microgames.

Also, I think this should be the official Discussion/FC topic for the game, too.

Remember, if you suggest an idea, I'd prefer a 12-letters-or-less pun name, for whatever topic it is.

Spriter and Gym designer

Woah! There's a thread on this!? This is one of my favorite DS games! When I first got the game, I made a microgame where Mario has a Boo on either side of him, and you have to look in different directions to stop one Boo, and keep them away from you for the time limit, using copies of the Super Mario World sprites. Afterwards I got the Wiiware channel, and I found a game that was almost the exact same! The only real difference is that it was Super Mario Bros 3 sprites. Either way, it was funny!

Try experimenting with travel actions, and combining them, especially target and roam, then think of what kind of game can work well with that combination of travel actions. Remember to experiment with the speed as well.

For example, I made an archery game, where you tap once to choose the power level, and tap again to choose the angle. The power level is a three section bar, and the angle is a cursor that reflects in an area. At the second tap, the arrow's first action is to target the cursor, and the second is to bounce, giving it the effect of gravity. It will target the cursor at a different speed depending on the power level after the second tap.

stuff

Old thread.

But still, activity is good.

I might post some of my microgames sometime...if I can find a video recorder that connects to my computer that I can afford...

Spriter and Gym designer

Oh, I just remembered! I have videos of mine on my Youtube account! Here's the links:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x914erYLmdM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMV77...eature=related

stuff

Bad quality, but I tried.

Spriter and Gym designer

I understood three of those games! Do mine make sense to you? By the way, I cleecked yah damn eggz.

Administrator

I liked the red the tiles one, and the hatch one a lot. Was it hard making all those games?

+ Reply to Thread