+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions

Administrator

Iron Incense for Skalloy, Flare Incense for Vixun and Barkub. Max Happiness.

are mew celebi and deoxys inthe game?
    TRPG profile

3DS Friend code: 3711-7748-4916
    I has X, Looking for Y stones, will trade for good stuff.

No, unless they are written in in a patch sometime after the full game is released.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    ― Douglas Adams

"Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!" - The Doctor

Overworlder (I think)

Whats the weakest poke in Topaz?

Back Again!

Vixun and Firant both pull the lowest stat total @ 195

RPG Administrator

but techincally, it's all about preference, moveset, level, and how well you play that determine the true weakest, and strongest...
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

the Dragon Master

yeah cause if ya'll've ever seen the youtube videos there was this one guy who won with a level one ratatta and he KOd a level 100 empoleon so yes it is very determined by how well you can play and what the moves are...
    (though testing yourself against a computer is one thing going against people is something else entirely...)
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

Administrator

Focus Sash won't be in Topaz though, so Level 1 Endeavor Pokemon won't be as effective as they are in D/P.

Ok! For concept art, how do I post and image in a thread?

Administrator

You can posted it by getting the URL of your image (you need to upload it to someplace such as imageshack.us first) and then posting it like so (without the @):

[@IMG]URL.COM[/IMG]

RPG Administrator

first, you have to upload the image to a place like Photobucket, Deviantart, ect..., right click and select copy image location. they you paste that in your reply, in between the tags [img] and [/img], and it should show up.

Also, are we aloud to change our avatars? or are people of major improtance only allow to?

Back Again!

You are free to, under user cp.

the Dragon Master

so something that maybe I should already know but don't...
    what exactly is IRC???

Better Than That Guy

IIRC, IIRC stands for If I Remember Correctly

Administrator

He said IRC, so unless that was a typo - IRC is Internet Relay Chat. It's a series of networks where you can join or create your own channels to chat with others. Topaz had one but it wasn't active so I took it off. The links haven't been changed yet to reflect that. Obviously, nobody was clicking on them anyway so I'm not worried.

the Dragon Master

okay thanks...
    actually that helped me figure out both of them...
    shoulda figured about the iirc part...
    but yeah thanks for telling me about the IRC been kinda wondering and forgot to ask for sometime...

also has anybody come across the problem of the pokescript not working after a minor edit in it?
    it keeps coming back to me with a message saying that a line in A script that's refering to itself and it won't work...
    I'll get a screen shot of it and post it soon (not today though since i'm at a library...)

Administrator

What pokescript?

are you able to get the other starters?
    ex. i pick celsinge
    can i get venap,echoise?
    TRPG profile

3DS Friend code: 3711-7748-4916
    I has X, Looking for Y stones, will trade for good stuff.

Administrator

There'll possibly be trading. If not then it'll be possible somehow.

RPG Administrator

most likely via a patch at a later date, once the game comes out fully...

Da POEKAMAN masta :)

Quick Question, exactly how do you post an image in a thread? Do you need to upload it to Photobucket first?

Administrator

Yes, it has to be uploaded somewhere first then you can use [img] tags around the url to post it as an image.

First of all, I guess, are you guys planning on using at least some of the 4th Gen moves?

Second, can I get a little more detail on the storyline? Right now, it seems like five gyms really fast, then a **** ton of story before the sixth one. And that doesn't agree with the level differences between them at all.

One more thing. What is the focus behind Dolphure's moveset? I mean, it seems like it was put together haphazardly. The moves go from being fast and sweeper-based, to a ton of support moves (Purify, Serenade, Water Wall) and random water moves just thrown in (especially Dive, since it's an HM move in Topaz and we don't want something common, especially a starter, learning it naturally).

Administrator

We're not using any of the 4th gen moves. In my opinion, the 4th gen moves are among some of the most poorly designed, based on giving every type everything and entirely rushed with respect to trying to get the Physical/Special Split through. Also, they'd represent a lot more work for us to do, and a possibly much stronger competitive metagame than was in Topaz's vision.

Yeah, the storyline is currently getting a revamp. Due to how Caldera/Kirant is made, making the tons of storyline between gyms 5 and 6 may be inevitable, but hopefully the newer script could incorporate some of those events afterwards to make the leveling curve a little less drastic. The level differences I decided to give up on for precisely that reason. I was thinking that perhaps a second demo might be necessary for that one, so that we can see what levels people got up to and change them accordingly.

Dolphure's moveset, in my opinion, is a very tricky one. The best moveset I could find for it is using Serenade to prevent contact moves (most Physical moves) and then Mirror Coat to reflect back any special moves. And early on it's not very sweeper-based at all. Water Pulse is used more often than not for confusion, at least competitively. Supersonic and Water Sport are very support-oriented moves. In the end its base stats are sort of reminiscent of Lugia's: Mainly to soak up damage (85/90/100 yes please!), surprisingly high speed (98 is unfortunate but still considered high), and can attack when needed. As for HMs on movesets, I believe Rayquaza got Fly when you got him, and almost everyone had a Rayquaza. It's not unprecedented.

Rayquaza is different. Depending on the version, he's either postgame or very late-game. You'll have gotten Fly, and probably put it on someone, way before you catch him. It's a bigger problem if you get the Dive HM in game after you get the badge that lets you use it on the field.

I wonder if a map revamp might be in order, also due to the area west of Cianwood HG/SS added messing with the map a little.

And I understand what you mean about the moves, but there were also some that were added (ie. Energy Ball, Giga Impact, Signal Beam, Dark Pulse) because some types desperately needed them. I can go more into detail...later.

Anyway, I don't want to start off on the wrong foot; just want to throw my opinion out there.
    Last edited by Zenith; 05-13-10 at 11:38 PM.

Thats what she said

I can't see a big problem with dolphures move set. Though I dont know how to do competitive battles (I just teach my pokemon all power moves), I think its fine.
    The map thing I was acutally thinking of though too. I dont think it will happen, though I will admit, You have my vote on adding the new area.
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Administrator

I believe Caldera/Kirant was designed based off of the region in Japan that is adjacent to the one Johto was based off of. An addition to the area west of Johto is definitely possible though, since it wouldn't impact anything unduly.

And Zenith, you seem to be an intelligent new member, so I'm glad to have you around!

Uh, thanks.

What I actually meant is that I was under the impression that Cianwood, the Safari Zone, and Routes 47 & 48 were on an island by themselves, since Serebii has them like that. But I just looked at the map on my copy of Soul Silver, and it's pretty ambiguous there.

But adding in Routes 47 & 48 would be a pretty cool shout out. Maybe we could have the path to Cianwood be over land instead of trying to cram in Route 41, since we're really limited with space on that side of the map. Then have 48 connect to Laysan.

I'm going off topic. Is there a major suggestion thread for this stuff I somehow missed?

Administrator

There was on the old forum but I think this place is as good as any.

aut vincere aut mori

About the reigon question, I looked it up and found that caldera/kirant is based on the chugoku and shikoku reigons of japan.

So Johto covers western Chubu and Kansai. Huh.

Maybe we need a new suggestion thread? I noticed a couple problems with some of the Light moves, and I feel like it would make more sense in a suggestion thread. And it probably wouldn't seem as legit if a new guy like me created it.
    Last edited by Zenith; 05-14-10 at 08:40 PM.

Something I forgot. If what some of the NPC text for Sunset Village says is right, does Topaz take place a couple decades after the other games?

RPG Administrator

Yes, we consider it a fan made 3rd gen sprited 4th gen. it's basically how we would have wanted to make gen 4, instead of what did come out.

Another one. Is there anywhere around here to discuss potential movesets? All I've been seeing are 'Dex entries.

uh-ohs

All the movesets have been finalized for a while.

...For everything up to Forretress. What about the movesets of the ones we're making 'Dex entries for right now?

Administrator

That's because we had a forum crash a while ago and I wanted to restore everything into a cleaner format. Then busy-ness happened and so that's why it's been on hold for a little while. If you check the disorganized mass below you'll find every Pokemon in Topaz, and a large chunk of the previous gen ones.

How exactly do the evolutions work in the Trillogill line?

aut vincere aut mori

Trillogill's evolutions work based on which stat out of attack, defense, or speed is the highest. Tidasale is for attack, Tsunall is for defense, and Quiisord for speed. It's base stats are equal in all three of those areas.

+ Reply to Thread