Closed Thread

Thread: My piece offering.

Thats what she said

Default My piece offering.

(I didn't know if I should put this in Suggestions, questions or general discussion...)
    If anyone has noticed, I've been really pissy lately. Comments and many other things.
    So, though I'm still pissy and all (dont annoy me to bad) I wanted to say sorry. Though its not much, its all that I can really think of doing as a piece offering. (Deal with shinies)
    1. If anyone would like to request some recolors, or shinies, pm me. I'll make your request. If its a shiny that hasn't gone into polls yet, it will be entered. To add to that, if it wins, you will get 1/2 credit, for the color design.

Hope this is a good enough piece offering, and it gets me some brownie points back up to the "orion" side.
    Last edited by Quinn; 06-17-10 at 05:25 PM.
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

aut vincere aut mori

I think that a lot of us are on edge lately. I know that Zero's been because of quitting smoking, and I've got some reasons as well. IB's been having problems with his comp, so that is probably stressing him out too. At the same time, deleting #2 because 1. We don't have the time to do that if we want shinies in the demo, and 2. It's not really your place to decide wether something should go to runoff if it was submitted late, and I think everyone, especially the administration, just wants this madness to be over.

Also, moving this to General Discussion.

Thats what she said

2 should stay. The reason why I say that, is shinies wont be in the demo this summer. If we have the one by next, the probably will. At the rate right now, if we can get some more shinies, rather just requests for me, or creators for the last few, we should be done by the end of this month to the mid of july. I've got the shinies under control. If no one else wants to make shinies anymore (which I hope I'm wrong about), I'll just have to create more options and have the polls be of just me. (which yet again, I hope doesn't happen)

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

aut vincere aut mori

Holding more random runoffs between late entries and the ones that already won isn't fair to the won that won because the new one doesn't have to beat out the other candidates, and thus has a bigger advantage for the sole reason that the person made it late. It isn't fair imo, so you'll have to talk to IB or Zero before you can offer that to people.

Thats what she said

Just like the Tigers though, whether or not it goes through the other people, it would still have to go against the winner. If the winner is "that" good, it will still beat it.

aut vincere aut mori

It doesn't matter, it's still not fair. Is this just because you don't like some of the winners?

Thats what she said

I'm for giving everyone a chance. If they get the chances and it doesn't win, then oh well. (Like the snarliger line, if that one wins again, all of the non living shiny likers will have to deal with it.)
    The only exception I gave when giving everyone a chance was with Purior....and it was my own.
    since you locked the thread, I just I'll post my remark here.
    "
    if you looked at the link, you WILL see that there is a STRONG CONTROVERCY! I'm ending that controversy now! I've got the tigers already saved since I'm sure they will win again, but I am going to finish this
    ."
    sounds like my helping of people isn't enough???
    Last edited by Quinn; 06-17-10 at 05:52 PM.

aut vincere aut mori

It doesn't matter. It is not up to you to put the rightful winners in jeopardy.

Secret Agent

While my input may not be welcome here (as it rarely is in my life), I think that you two need to stop fighting. It may be just me, but it seems like you guys are constantly arguing, and I'm not a psychiatrist or anything, so that's as far as I can get. I'm sure that this disagreement can be settled. You both believe that you are right, and you both have good reasons and you are both trying to do the right thing. Nrither of you, however, seem to be seriously taking the other's points into account.

aut vincere aut mori

Yes we always argue, but we are still on good terms with each other. We talk via pm often.
    Last edited by SilentSentinel; 07-11-10 at 04:50 AM.

Secret Agent

*Sighs*
    I will never understand human behavior.

Valued Topaz Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ragingprimeape View Post
    I think that a lot of us are on edge lately.
    I'm also on edge, and I'm sorry about that. I'm under a lot of stress, and it doesn't help that I don't have a clue what to do to help out around here.

That said, I agree with RP. I'm sorry, Quinn. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to keep posting runoff polls, especially when the winner is clear. There's a point where a line has to be drawn, and a deadline enforced. Sometimes, the submissions are just going to have to be rejected if they're posted too late.

I also agree with Cyndadile, in that arguing isn't going to solve anything. I understand that no one is in the best of moods lately, but fighting amongst ourselves is not helping morale.

Thats what she said

I know that. I'm normally not an arguing person. And of all people I would be arguing with lately, the same one that started me here in the 1st place? I just dont get it myself. Just we each have our thoughts and 1 tries to get the other to think the same way, yes RP, I thinks it obvious that we dont agree on stuff...but we each have our own thoughts, and although I'll say my mind, I wont try to force it on ya'll anymore. (Please dont use your mod powers like that again though...that seriously got me thinking today of possible quit.) If were each for one different thing, we can resolve and "equalize", like we are with returnings. We now have the formal look, no matter what, but if something needs/wants change, it can be.
    (lol...I spelled peace wrong)

aut vincere aut mori

Heh, I didn't notice that until just now either. Piece =/= Peace

I think we all just need to take a bit to calm down a bit more. I'm glad that this has stopped before it got really ugly. It wasn't very mature of either of us. I won't use my powers in that way again, as long as you keep your word to consult others before posting more. Polls such as the one earlier today. I'd like to thank Cyndadile and MLEX for helping cool some tensions. I've been pretty touchy all day because something important is happening today, and I can't be there.

Administrator

I'm glad this is resolved, but if you need to solve an issue with run-offs, then there's still a way to do it pretty democratically.

Make some kind of cut-off point at which if enough people voice their support for a late submission (I do believe that late submissions should get a chance), a run-off can occur. It can be arbitrary, like 3 people posting (which is a pretty significant number as far as I'm used to with respect to voting here) or if you want it less arbitrary, then half of the votes the #1 option got. Creating a hard cut-off point could stem arguing quite a bit.

Thats what she said

the problem wasn't with purior (I could care less, since its my own) but snarliger. Check the cemetary (I think) and thats where rp and I started getting pretty heated
    But yah...I also think we should all just take a "cyber breath" and make an equalization, like with the returnings.

Thats what she said

I take it no one wants any requests then?

Administrator

You don't need to do any, you're doing enough around here. Issues like this may arise from time to time but this one was minor so let's chalk it up to experience. I consider the matter closed.

Closed Thread