+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: No Topic thread (please respond to the previous post when posting)

Stumbling

The copies could also be a hallucination caused by the 'mon, which would make them solid-looking without casting a shadow.

Spriter and Gym designer

No, there are bystanders that see the copies too. I'm sure it would take a lot of energy for the Digimon to make four people see an illusion, make them all do the same thing he does (including trying to shoot lightning), and shoot lightning.

Stumbling

I said hallucinations, not illusions. A pheromone released in the air could cause four people to see things that aren't actually there, and since they look the same the brain can trick itself into seeing the clones doing the same thing as the original, sort of like double vision. And to account for being hit by attacks, the brain will send signals to the part of the body saying it's been hit by something, causing pain even though it hasn't actually been hit by anything.

Spriter and Gym designer

I don't think it was a hallucination, but you would have to see the video to be the judge of that. It starts at around 3:15

Stumbling

Well, they're in the digital world, so it's a form of hacking methinks. If they weren't I'd still say it was hallucinogens causing the duplicates. :x

Spriter and Gym designer

So is the debate over despite the fact that neither side has changed views?

Administrator

Nope, never been a fan of Digimon.

Not a fan of the Pokemon anime either. Seen some random spots though. Grovyle beating Slaking with Bullet Seed? Ugh.

Spriter and Gym designer

The first season of Pokemon has an internet where these two people rant about the bottom five things that didn't make sense in each episode. They haven't been able to make any episodes in the past two and a half years, but the show revived just last week. It's called WTF Pokemon, or WTFP.

Secret Agent

Some of this is a bit interesting:

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/463...-about-pokemon

Spriter and Gym designer

Actually, the only one of those things I didn't know was half of the last one. I didn't know Ash and Gary were named after the creators of Pokemon and Zelda!

Spriter and Gym designer

Edit button has expired. I am sick. I was sick yesterday too. It sucks! My throat hurts, and I can barely talk! The only good thing about this is that I get to miss school.

Secret Agent

Get well soon!

Spriter and Gym designer

I had a really strange dream last night. I was in a car with my mom, and then we drove off a cliff. The car turned upside-down as it fell, and then I felt an impact, although it seemed to happen to soon considering how far away the ground was. Right after that, I died. I didn't wake up, but I died. I don't know if my mom survived (probably not) because I'm dead. I remember thinking "Now what? Is there something I'm supposed to do, somewhere I'm supposed to go?" Also, while I was dead, all I saw was white, and some waves of light grey. After five to ten seconds of being dead, I woke up. I know dying in dreams is somewhat common, but has anyone else not woken up the second they die? If so, what did you see?

Secret Agent

Hmmmm...

There is definitly a message there somewhere...

Administrator

I've never put too much stock in my dreams. They're just a way for your subconscious mind to process thoughts, memories, and things you've learned while you are asleep.

I spent about a week studying the subconscious mind in Psych 101. Pretty cool stuff.

Spriter and Gym designer

I just find it weird that I didn't wake up right when I felt the impact.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannigon64 View Post
    I just find it weird that I didn't wake up right when I felt the impact.
    Certainly is unusual, yes.

Resident Composer

Finally! It's pretty routine for me to die in my dreams, but then I take on a 3rd party vision which usually just watches my corpse sit there and go through a funeral etc... my friends say I'm weird for not waking up when I die. But, yay! I'm not alone!
    Haven't checked out the Pokemon Topaz Soundtrack? Click HERE!

Like my music and still want to hear more? Check out my compositions at IR's Music Corner!

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by zeroality View Post
    I've never put too much stock in my dreams. They're just a way for your subconscious mind to process thoughts, memories, and things you've learned while you are asleep.
    That is still a message; your subconscious wants to tell you something.

Stumbling

Death, when used in the abstract, represents change. In dreams, it's your subconscious telling you something's not what it was, be it a shift in personality or a change in a relationship. It's not a bad thing to dream about (though it can be unnerving) unless you're being chased by Freddy. :P

Secret Agent

Got to nationals in FIRST Robotics Competition.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Congratulations! I was never good with mechanical stuff, so I will bask, awe-stricken, in your glow of victory.

FUN FACT: I'm taking a bar-tending course this weekend. I'll let you know if I actually pass (which I still consider to be up in the air at this point, it's all very confusing).

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndadile View Post
    Wait what. What age group, you're like 16-17 now? What did you do/make? Pictures? Details!

Reli, very cool! Just don't try tossing the bottles in the air.

Hrm. Failed to get a job as a counselor at a camp I've gone to for years, but it's my own fault - I just put off finishing the application, and putting it off, and putting it off...there wasn't even anything terribly difficult to answer in it, I just avoided it. Well, I still hope to work there as a volunteer, but I'm just a little pissed at myself for not doing anything.

/randomrant
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    ― Douglas Adams

"Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!" - The Doctor

"We nicknamed her Bean"

I can barely pour from a bottle into a glass without spilling, I have no coordination AT ALL. Nothing made of glass with be leaving my firm grasp at any point tomorrow. You can count on that much.

Spriter and Gym designer

Let's hope that if you do pass, and get a job as a bartender, this doesn't happen in the bar.

aut vincere aut mori

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndadile View Post
    No way! A very good friend of mine is a top contender in FIRST, I think their team is called the Technoguards or something. Their robot is epic this year, it can like change it's center of gravity by going into a wide stance and shit like that.

So are you planning on being a bartender Reli? I always thought that it was a pretty interesting profession with all the people you meet honestly.

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by zeroality View Post
    Wait what. What age group, you're like 16-17 now? What did you do/make? Pictures? Details!
    We built a robot that would complete this task. It's about 3x4 feet, and the arm reaches about 6 feet tall. It our robot is not especially impressive, and it can only reach the second layer of pegs. The only reason we qualified was that we got one of the rookie team awards, and our buget may not support actually making the trip. I worked on the programming. Most of it was pre-made, but I helped custom-fit it to our robot. I don't have pictures of the robot, if that is what you are asking, but I might find some. Have you participated?

And Reli, good luck!

Administrator

No I haven't but robotics/cybernetics are definitely something I'm interested in.

By interested I mean I like seeing the practical applications of the work, reading about it, watching it. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but do know a bit about it.

If we were in 2111 instead of 2011, I'd probably have a couple implants/limbs! >_>

"We nicknamed her Bean"

We don't get the results of the course for another week or so. But the test seemed to go well, and I think I got some practical skill out of it (kinda). It was worth the time and the money for sure, as long as exam studying isn't going to be compromised by not having this weekend.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Also (though this may be more appropriate for Introductions/Farewells topic), exam season is upon me, so for the next two weeks I will be able to do very little. I'll try to get on at least once a day to check on what's going down, but just as I haven't produced much lately I wont' be able to do much in the next little while. However, I should have a bunch of time after the 17th, so I'll try and make it up to you guys.

(Also, I am rather intoxicated while typing this. Taking that into account, this went pretty well. ^.^; )

Sprite Ninja

Today my school was buzzing with stupidness. The assistant principal at my school (who seems to have anger management issues, yelling at us every 10 seconds.), is threatening my grade with assigned seating. So, this kid Riley gets a MEGAPHONE and starts yelling at people to sign a petition. In the hallway. He didn't get in trouble. On top of that, 2 of the Harlem Superstars showed up at the school today to mess with our heads and tell us about the game they're having at the high school. I saw them come in. One wasn't paying attention and smacked his head off the door. Freaking hilarious.
    Sole creator of Pokemon Blaze.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by metagrosslord View Post
    The assistant principal at my school (who seems to have anger management issues, yelling at us every 10 seconds.)
    Instantly had this image pop into my head:

Sprite Ninja

One would assume he looked something like that, but no. It would be hysterical if he did though. XD
    Sole creator of Pokemon Blaze.

Spriter and Gym designer

Had an interesting kind of Pokemon battle today. Multi battle (two people with 3 Pokemon each VS. two people with 3 Pokemon each) but we would consider the last person with Pokemon to be the winner. Closest to a free for all we could get. Oh, and each of us had to have at least one Pokemon that had at least one evolution but no pre-evolutions.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Complex rules are complex.

I have a job interview for tomorrow. Marginally nervous and marginally excited. I really just want it to be done with so that I can know if I have ANY hope of not slacking off this summer. Which I really do not want.

Also,

'sup plagerism? I'mma just let everyone know (in case this is actually an issue and this isn't just a coincidence and resulting paranoia) that any and all essays that I post have been submitted to this turnitin.com site. So... yeah, probably don't try to plagiarize them.

Administrator

"Why did you get kicked out of school?"

"I ripped my homework off of Pokemon Topaz. :("

Administrator

Interesting. Turnitin.com actually seems like it'd be a pretty decent tool for stopping that kind of plagiarism.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

It is. Pretty much ever high school/university paper that I've ever written has to be submitted there in order for it to be marked. It's pretty good, but there are only so many ways to write things. Everyone ends up plagiarizing a couple percent in the end, no matter what.

Administrator

During a freshman philosophy class, the professor told us one day before we wrote an essay about how he used some checking software/site on old essays. He found one of his students from 10 years previous had plagiarized a paper. He told us that meant he would have his credits for that class forfeited and his degree revoked. If his job had depended upon his degree, then he would've lost it.

Don't do it, it can come back to haunt you. I also know that two of my classmates during honors english, they bought a paper from a term paper site. They each turned it in and it turned out to be the exact same paper, and neither knew it.

The teacher put out an email to all students stating that everybody who cheated had to come forward and didn't say anything else. It ended up with both of them getting suspended for one or two semesters. One of them actually emailed the class too, and asked us to come forward and say we cheated out of protest or something. >_>

+ Reply to Thread