+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: No Topic thread (please respond to the previous post when posting)

Administrator

I'm wearing a Mavericks cap and calling myself a basketball fan.

Technically that IS a costume cos lockout. x)

"We nicknamed her Bean"

On Saturday I was Donnie Darko. Costumes that are easily recognizable by everyone are too mainstream.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Reliability View Post
    On Saturday I was Donnie Darko. Costumes that are easily recognizable by everyone are too mainstream.
    So you mean like this?

<3 that movie btw. Just re-watched it recently. I find that I get something different out of it every time I watch it.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

I went with the blue shirt, grey sweatpants, 28:06:42:12 written on my left arm from when he wakes up on the golf course. I contemplated getting an axe and/or tin of gasoline, but I didn't look very hard.

I keep understanding more each time I watch it. And I never feel like I understand everything, which is why it's so good. I like movies like that; Primer is another, less known one along those lines.

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    Still raining here Cyndadile -.- for the fricken tropical storm that came FRIDAY. How bad was Irene because we had alot of tornado's and are most likely having more tonight.
    Sorry, must have missed this. It wasn't as bad as the most recent storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannigon64 View Post
    What did everyone dress up as for Halloween? I'm not the only person who dressed up, right? Right? I dressed up as Pacman. Just yellow bristol board cut out in the shape of Pacman with string taped to the back so I can wear it around my neck.
    I didn't do anything because of aforementioned storm. However, I typically wear a cape, because capes are awesome. I went as Mario one year, but no one seemed to understand who I was. It was a pretty good costume, too; I even had a (fake) mustache.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

On the topic of mustaches, I'm growing one for Movember. I already hate it and there are still 21 days to go. Life sux.

Secret Agent

Dye it blue. It'll be more interesting.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

I would actually cry if it were blue.

Right now, I'm just embracing my heritage and reveling in looking French.

hey i'm new here and figured this would be the best place to ask but when might a demo for the game be coming out?

stuff

Quote Originally Posted by locknessjohnson View Post
    hey i'm new here and figured this would be the best place to ask but when might a demo for the game be coming out?
    This isn't the right topic to post that, and we do not know.

Administrator

Demo is strictly dependent on Konrad and Pokemon.txt. With a couple people + Konrad working hard on it the demo could be out really soon, since there really is a lot done.
    Last edited by ImmunityBow; 11-21-11 at 05:44 AM.

ok, thank you ImunityBlow and Blade Flight. i wasn't exactly positive on where to post it. and thank you both kindly for answering to the best of your knowledge

the Dragon Master

Good to know that the demo and game's come a long way...

But I'm gonna go on to a bit of randomness here:
    Ever gone sword fighting?
    I found out it's a bit painful, granted my friends and I were using nerf swords, but in the park that we were doing this we went barefoot, cause the grass was effing awesome out there, and i found out why man invented shoes....
    stepping on sticks is effin painful.....
    but that was like a month or so ago...
    i wanna do more, we haven't fought in awhile but might do it when it gets warmer down here...

in other news we figured out one problem with my pc a couple months ago only to create another by accident....
    my dad was looking at it and discovered that it was a bad powersupply which is good to know so now we can replace the broken part...
    unfortunately i was stupid enough to ask him where the processor chip was hiding...
    it was underneath the cooling tines and when he pulled it out, out came the chip with it. He said it got stuck there due to age not heat which was good, but as he was trying to put the stupid thing back in he accidentally bent one of the chips pins and made it utterly useless.
    So I went to a nearby computer store to see if they had one to replace and to just do a price check on it and i got one for free, but only because no-one knows what the condition of it is
    so now i need a power supply to test the chip and hope to goodness that i don't need to reinstall windows xp cause that's gonna suck majorly....
    so yeah i'm through with my rambling updates here: i hope everyone will have a good christmas holiday this year
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

Better Than That Guy

I've been though about 5 laptops in two years, not good for the product I'm beta testing :/
    That and now it's unexplicably broke, "Chris broke it... Somehow."

"We nicknamed her Bean"

I had a laptop that is currently broken, but may be fixable once I have the money/desire to fix it. I just want my new one to last me a while...

Overworlder (I think)

You guys are lucky. I have my dad's Microsoft xp desktop. And I have never broke it.And I always try breaking it on purpose so that I can get a new one....... Especially one with windows 7.
    http://www.pokemontopaz.net/ TOPAZ, AND PROUD OF IT!

http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/s...-Guy-s-Profile - My TRPG profile

the Dragon Master

dude seriously if you dont want it i'll take it from ya
    also yeah i had a laptop for a while but it's liek seriously outta freakin date (it ran 98se on a 95) and it's size was 4 gigs, i have 2 flash drives and an mp3 player larger than it is in space but smaller in overall physical size
    it died though when i tried adjusting the screen and just watched it spiderweb from the top right corner across to the bottom left
    it still works, i'd just need to hook it up to a monitor but the battery is dead, i accidentally killed the cd drive and just kinda sucks over all really...
    (still got it but i've no idea why, lazy i guess, but i would love a brand new one, one with 7 [or maybe 8 kinda depends])

Overworlder (I think)

Trust me, if I gave it to you, you'd be begging me to take it back. It takes around 8 minutes to start. 8 FREAKIN MINUTES!

the Dragon Master

yeah but i bet i could clean it up
    what's the speed of the processor chip?
    my pc's got a freakin 2.40 ghz chip (at least it does now) it used to have a 2.20ghz chip but then it broke...
    also if you have a drive that isn't the c drive u can stick things there and free up the c drive to speed things up

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Guy View Post
    Trust me, if I gave it to you, you'd be begging me to take it back. It takes around 8 minutes to start. 8 FREAKIN MINUTES!
    I'd wait a while before buying a new computer. The floods in Thailand have driven HDD prices way up.

the Dragon Master

wow....
    @cranky: have you ever thought about hibernating it a few times? hibernating pcs saves what you're working on in a temporary holding area then shuts down and it's a heckuva lot faster to start up and shut down than doing it normally....

@zero: even so, the amount of pcs we've got now will keep us going for a while, but i also doubt that they're the only ones with HDs that we import, i believe Japan and China are areas where we do the same thing, and of course there are places within the US that make them as well (though possibly a bit more expensive than being an import)

the Dragon Master

I see it's been a few days since i posted....
    anyway came by to say that I blame my sister for this....
    I'm finally getting back into the pokemon mess (yes listenin to pokemon music, and I'll start playin my games again still need to get the rest of them pokes, and work on my fan game ideas)
    yeah my sister was playin Pearl yesterday and then started playin HG today and i'm like O.o music is stuck in my head..... wat the hey get back into it cause it's been forever...

also I'd like to point out that I've been working on a information guide for pokemon--it's a collective info guide meaning RBY to BW and I might need help with that at some point (also need to remember where I left off)----oh and it'll house info from other pokemon games such as Pokemon Stadium, Battle Revolution (where i'm gonna need the help) and related...

PM me if you've got ideas or want to know what the full thing is about---and before you ask it's only the cannon games not the fanmade ones, sorry but there's way too freakin much info dealing with the fan games and as it is Topaz and similar games still need loads of work done to be completed....
    I love Topaz but can't make a guide with it (esp since i don't know what all's going to be in it). The guide is designed to help those who liek to play the cannon games including some of the console games that they can trade with.
    Forgive my little rambling there, just thought it'd be nice for people to know about this info is all...

Yo virus that sounds awesome. i'd be down to helps you if you need it and i believe i still have pokemon stadium and collisium [<--- i dont know how to spell that... (-_-)]

Overworlder (I think)

I have Pokemon Colosseum.

the Dragon Master

nice
    btw I was playing sapphire the other day and chatted with Giddy and he said LUNATONE is so sunny. Don't you agree?
    lol

also been looking at and working on the guide: i'm seriously going to need help determining the set up and layout of the danged thing.
    the format it's currently in is html as the family pc doesn't have internet i just use my web making skills regularly to be able to remember how to make sites and so i used them to make a guide--it's all 1 page and it's really freakin huge so I'll have to figure out something to narrow it down.
    I'll transfer it to my flashdrive today (i meant to yesterday but I was up a bit late workin on it so i just went to sleep afterwards)...
    Also those of you interested please let me know if you've got access to Black &/or White cause info for them is gonna be needed as well...

minor edit: btw i wish to point out about how it is very embarassing to forget your own password concerning a site and usually when you are the admin to that site...
    please ingore my stupidity thank you...
    Last edited by Merlin; 12-12-11 at 10:26 PM.

i got a pokemon black rom if that counts.

Overworlder (I think)

You remind me of when I forgot my own password here on topaz.

Brazilian Member

Hey Guys, what about the SOPA Bill? It can stop Topaz?
    A Classic is something that acquires the eternal aclamation: yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Administrator

From what I understand, we have nothing to worry about unless we get a warning first from Nintendo. After that we could just make our own sprites of the canon Pokemon (an arduous task, but doable) and that could probably account for the rest of the infringement.

the Dragon Master

yeah plus none of the governments could really regulate the net all that well anyway, it's regulated by each company and corporation well enough and again Nintendo has to know this site even exists for them to say shut it down...
    so long as you're not trying to resell their games or say that you own them you're fine...

EDIT: BTW FOR THOSE OF YOU WONDERING ABOUT THE SOPA BILL: IT'S PRACTICALLY ILLEGAL ANYWAY. Congress has no right to try and police an entity (for lack of a better term for it) that not only exists everywhere but is used by everyone. I understand congress wants to stop piracy but it's being policed by most people who own the websites anyway. Besides if congress doesn't seem to think a battleship is fiscally possible then policing the net sure as h*** ain't fiscally possible on anybody's budget. (at least not on the scale that they want it on)....

btw sorry for my little bit of ranting there thought i'd fill some people in on a few things....
    nother thing: congress is currently unconstitutional from this: they cant step on businesses when trying to determine what's right and whats wrong....
    Last edited by Merlin; 12-19-11 at 11:07 PM.

the Dragon Master

alright so i need to figure out something
    where should i put my little info guide?
    do i keep it here on this site? (if so where should i put it?)
    or do i put it on my site (currently there's not anything on it except like 4 people)

if it goes up on my site i'll post the url in my signature
    btw url not link: difference? it won't be active you'll have to copy and paste...
    and it'll only be up there for a while then i'll remove it, but i need to know if that's where it should go

[also if this should go into either the questions area or in a poll--please let me know, because i don't want to mess things up, thank you.]

Administrator

We allow advertising in signatures. You can post it into the Pokemon forum if you like.

Administrator

What have I gotten myself into.

Today: 7 hour rehearsal.
    Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday rehearsal. Ack. Sorry if my contributions are limited to commenting on yours for the next week. I'd really like to get the pokemon.txt entries for the demo done so maybe if I work on it like 2 things at a time I'll have one done for next week. And help there would be appreciated.

Valued Topaz Contributor

Ouch, it sounds like you're gonna be pretty busy haha. What are the rehearsals for?

And I just got back to Michigan from Baltimore, Maryland. We didn't win the robotics competition there, sadly. =/

Click the banner above to join our Discord or help with game development

Thanks to Trainer X of the OI (rip) for the avatar

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by chronicler View Post
    And I just got back to Michigan from Baltimore, Maryland. We didn't win the robotics competition there, sadly. =/
    FIRST FRC?
    x

Administrator

Rehearsals are for my residence's musical. We're putting on Urinetown.

Secret Agent

I was just thinking about when I came to Topaz, and I realized that I have no idea why I joined. I've never shown interest in fangames, at the time I wasn't really a fan of 3rd-gen, and my only online presence was my email account, which I rarely checked. Clearly, there were higher forces at play.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    We're putting on Urinetown.
    Did I read this correctly? I didn't notice the name of the play when I read it before.

RPG Administrator

I don't get why people hate on Fan-made games. Yeah, a lot of them really sucked, but when made correctly, and with dedicated members, a fan made game could top a Canon game any day!

Just thought I'd let you guys know, lately I've been hanging on this site called The VDex Project. I only joined last week, but I really enjoy it, and have been advertising Topaz in my signature on the forums. You guys should hit check it out, maybe. They allow advertizing for non-commercial sites in your signatures on there. :3
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by NyteFyre View Post
    I don't get why people hate on Fan-made games. Yeah, a lot of them really sucked, but when made correctly, and with dedicated members, a fan made game could top a Canon game any day!
    That's not what I meant at all! In fact, I just got a demo for a pretty cool fangame, I just meant that I had always stuck to canon up until I came upon Topaz.

Administrator

Well, whatever those higher forces are, I'm happy you're here with us Cyndadile.

+ Reply to Thread