+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my affair with Google Chrome is OVER

Administrator

Default my affair with Google Chrome is OVER

Likening Version 5 to the 50 year old mistress that suddenly gains a lot of weight, I decided to dump it and go back to my trusty housewife, Firefox.

However, I liked how pretty and useful my little mistress was so I asked my wife to put on some makeup and shiny earrings.

This is how she looks now:

All nonsense aside, Chrome 5 was horrible for me so I've switched back to Firefox. I prefer Chrome's look and some of its functionality though, so I went a little plugin-crazy on Firefox and totally transformed it.

The second toolbar below my bookmarks toolbar is a new web developer utility that a friend recommended. I haven't had time to play around with it much yet but some of the features look pretty cool.

Thats what she said

howdga do that to firefox? that looks good! "I gotta meat your girl"
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

aut vincere aut mori

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    "I gotta meat your girl"
    Spelling awkwardness. Anyway, I have both, and often switch in between them. I think I'm going to start using Firefox more due to some cool changes on OI that will allow simple C/Ping from profiles that works for Firefox users.

Vicious cycle

For a while I gave Chrome an honest chance at being my default web browser, but Chrome simply does not like streaming videos, and privacy options were limited so I found it difficult to fully customize it to my liking. Plus the fact that Firefox still has loads more add-on versatility... I had no choice but to leave Chrome behind.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    howdga do that to firefox? that looks good! "I gotta meat your girl"
    Chromifox - The skin to closely emulate Chrome's look.

Download Statusbar - Similar to Chrome, downloads stuff to status bar.
    Copy and Go - Closest thing I could find that was like Chrome's "paste and go" function.
    Compact Menu - Gets rid of the file menu bar and compacts it into a dropdown by browser buttons.
    Duplicate This Tab - Duplicates tabs like Chrome can.

Adblock Plus - A must for the web.
    Linkification - Turns text urls into clickable links. Useful on boards such as GameFAQs or text FAQs themselves.

Web Developer - The web developer toolbar.
    Firebug - A tool similar to Chrome's dev tool (Inspect Element on right click).

+ Reply to Thread