+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Move Animations

Spriter and Gym designer

I finally made one!!! Now... how do I submit it?

Administrator

Try to zip it up with winzip and upload it to filefront.com. Then everyone with the program can test it out and see it.

Spriter and Gym designer

Meh. The program's being weird, and I keep on having to import and export animations, and I was just able to find my animation again, and now it looks like it did when I saved it before it was completely finished. Now I have to re-make the second part of it. Will the sound effects be added after? Or do I have to find them somewhere and add them myself? Maybe someone can hack an existing Pokemon game for the sound effects (I think I can just use Metal Claw, some charging energy sound effect, and a beam attack)

Also, is it okay that I took sprites from another game? (To be specific, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, the Master ability, when he slashes (pressing B button))
    Last edited by Tyrannigon64; 12-15-10 at 02:24 AM.

Administrator

We'll see about the sprites issue. If it looks too incongruous then it won't be accepted, but if the attack looks good enough then we'll leave it up to what people think.

Spriter and Gym designer

When I'm done Orion's Sword I'll try Rocket Punch, then I'll try Ambush. For Ambush, I need to know, is there any way to make the offending and defending Pokemon in front of other objects? I know that if you choose properties, then pattern, then go to negative one and two, you get the Pokemon, but I'm not sure whether or not it copies whatever offending/defending Pokemon are there, or if it will Whismur/Marill randomly appear during a fight between Zantilidae and Pythang if they happen to be the ones using the attacks. If not, is there any way to change the background?

Spriter and Gym designer

I just clicked upload, and selected the file. I'm not sure if I was supposed to do anything else.

My Orion's Sword animation
    Last edited by Tyrannigon64; 12-15-10 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Did the link wrong

Spriter and Gym designer

Umm, ImmunityBow? Can you please respond? I'm done Rocket Punch, I'll upload it, but I still need to know that stuff for Ambush. And can you let me know if my Orion's Sword is okay?

Edit: Here's my Rocket Punch. Is this any good?
    http://www.filefront.com/17673814/Rocket-Punch.zip/
    Last edited by Tyrannigon64; 12-20-10 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Just uploaded something now

Spriter and Gym designer

Sorry if my last comment sounded a bit rude, but I wanted to make sure you didn't forget or something (I saw in the introductions/farewell thread that you recently had your wisdom teeth removed). Anyways, I'm trying to work on a sprite for Marionette, would you like to see it before I try animating it?

Spriter and Gym designer

Edit button disappeared from my last post
    Here's the Marionette sprite, if you wanted to see it (I have a whole sheet of its separate body parts, including the multiple sections of its limbs, so if things just aren't attached right, it should be fine)

Should I just slightly edit it a bit, or should I change it to something completely different?
    Also, I can't seem to make a good sprite for the wood thing that the puppeteer would hold. Can someone help with that?

Administrator

I downloaded the Orion's Sword file but it's missing the spritesheet.

As for Marionette, I think I can come up with something for you. I'd like to see the puppet part being less like a demon and more like a doll though.

Spriter and Gym designer

Oh, I'll make upload another one with the sprite sheet. But did you like the animation?

Edit: Here's the new one
    Orion's Sword
    Last edited by Tyrannigon64; 12-24-10 at 06:02 PM.

Administrator

Considering that there's no real precedent for move animations, I think we can be a little lax on where we got the spritesheets from.

In any case, I think Orion's Sword looks pretty decent! (You need the spritesheet or else you can't watch the animation)

Great job, if you could upload Rocket Punch with the spritesheet too that'd be great.

Spriter and Gym designer

My link had the sprite sheet!
    It's the animation I forgot! XD

Rocket Punch

Still not as awesome as Falcon Punch...

Administrator

Rocket Punch looks a little weird in that the fist is where the Pokemon is. Why don't you try reversing it? Have the glowy dark hole at the user, have the energy accumulate and use the fist on the opponent?

Also, would you mind trying to incorporate a Rocket R or an Orion O into these? It might look cool.

Spriter and Gym designer

Well the "glowy dark hole" as you call it is supposed to be the hit... thing. You know, like how Tackle has one? I would've added the Rocket R and Orion O, but I don't know what the Orion O looks like, and I think they should look similar, and they wouldn't be very similar if Rocket Punch had the Rocket R and Orion's Sword didn't have the Orion O. Could you show me what the Orion O looks like?

Thats what she said

Jw...how do u even look at them. If ya dont remember, mine doesn't even save them, or open the ones in its file, little 'loan these. yet I wanna see. is there a better one yet? Cause I kinda just through the f bomb with these after the many problems I had with the software.
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Spriter and Gym designer

Did you press "Esc" once you finished and then told it to save? Once you were done, did you press export animations? When you came back, did you press import animations? Did you do so twice? If you didn't do even one of these thing, the animation will not show up.

Thats what she said

to my knowledge, I did all of those. And it wouldn't ever show up on the list.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Spriter and Gym designer

Well, try again, and if nothing happens, then I'm sorry, I can't help you :P

Thats what she said

Alright. I will in a bit. I just started a nice little project. Lol

Administrator

If you want to see my move, Cherry Bomb, then I've uploaded it here: http://www.filefront.com/17729540/Move_CHERRYBOMB.zip
    I'd be grateful, Tyrannigon, if you could look at the beginning few frames and see if you can see why the Pokemon isn't moving when it should. (The Whismur is supposed to back up first, before launching the bomb. This doesn't show up in the animation but shows up in the frame-by-frame.) I sent it to Badara for testing before but he never replied. Hopefully we can somehow get the game files from him and test ourselves somehow.

Spriter and Gym designer

I'll try to find out why, but don't get your hopes up :P

Spriter and Gym designer

The Whismur won't do anything! You can't make it move, you can't change it to another "pattern", as the editor calls it, you can't change opacity, angle, or anything! Well, yes you can, but it doesn't do anything to the actual animation. You can't even delete it! I was thinking that maybe if you get rid of it, whether it be through deleting, making it transparent, or changing it to a pattern that's actually nothing, and then making another object and changing its pattern to negative one, which makes it Whismur, and then move that around (considering it moves more), but I can't find a way to make the existing Whismur transparent or delete it or anything like that! It's very strange, considering I was able to change it's pattern in a different animation, when I was trying to make Ambush (the first turn, where he hides) because for some reason I found it weird that Whismur is two pixels into the bottom part (where it says "What will WHISMUR do?"), and I changed the pattern of the original Whismur to do so because I couldn't move the Whismur. This editor confuses me! Sorry for the large amount of words that may or may not be understandable :P

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Okay.

Is this even going to be a realistic option? I know that this a was a really cool idea and it seems pretty legitimately necessary, but all of these issues are making me think it may not be worth the effort. According to rp (IIRC, it may have been somebody else) most other fan games don't have move animations at all, so this was just an extra thing that would make ours a cut above the rest.
    I'm not suggesting that we completely give up on the idea, but it seems to be causing a lot more frustration and trouble at this moment in time. I'm going to suggest we leave out the move animations for the demo (at the very least), since progress on this is going... slowly. Perhaps after we release the demo, someone will come along who has experience with this (or similar) software that will be able to do this sort of thing easily.

Spriter and Gym designer

I wouldn't say we should go that far. I think we should ask... whoever made this editor, and ask them how to make the offending/defending Pokemon move. That's the only frustration that we've had, I think (except for Quinn's problem, which may not actually be a problem, just something he forgot to do).

Administrator

@Reliability: I don't think this is so much a frustration here as a little effect we just don't really know how to do. Eventually we'll have to figure it out, maybe it even works already and doesn't show in the editor. Our most pressing problem really is finding a programmer and getting the files from Badara, until then we can really muck around as much as we like. (Along with finalizing the demo script and everything as we've been doing). As for move animations for the demo, I think we agreed a while ago that we're leaving them out for the demo. But it doesn't mean that all work on it has to stop.

stuff

Tyran, is Whismur's sprite locked? Try clicking it and pressing L...IB posted how to do so on page one of this topic.
    Last edited by Blade Flight; 01-05-11 at 05:19 PM. Reason: incorrect info

Spriter and Gym designer

I unlocked it, then I moved it, then I played the animation, and nothing happened. That's what I originally did.

Secret Agent

Transform. See code 39. Now how do we use these codes?

stuff

Dunno, I'll look at it, Cyndadile.

Also, I finally found a good size for my sprites! Now, however, I have a new problem...sound effects, and finding them on the Internet.

Any good sites for Pokemon SE?

Administrator

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea about sound effects. Could you get them from where you got officialmon cries?

stuff

Unfortunately, I can't even remember where I got the cries...

Eighty More Posts

the link for the move make thingy (cant remember name) is bad >=( New link?

Spriter and Gym designer

Which one? The very first one, or the one that's in the middle of the forum back from when I asked about it? If both don't work, then I can't help you. If it's just the former, look for the latter (probably on the second page, definitely not the third page).

Eighty More Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannigon64 View Post
    Which one? The very first one, or the one that's in the middle of the forum back from when I asked about it? If both don't work, then I can't help you. If it's just the former, look for the latter (probably on the second page, definitely not the third page).
    Now I can't find Editor.exe but thanks for telling me where animator download was

Spriter and Gym designer

It's in the Pokestarter folder, which should be in the Downloads folder, which should be in My Documents.

Eighty More Posts

well i give up =(

Spriter and Gym designer

Why, is it not there?

Eighty More Posts

it is there but i can't find a program to open it up with =( i think ib mentioned editor.exe?

Administrator

Have you tried the search/find function on your PC?

+ Reply to Thread