+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Topaz's Shiny Pokemon

Thats what she said

Default Pokemon Topaz's Shiny Pokemon

This is the pokemon Topaz Shiny pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    There's nothing stopping us from changing the shinies again if the time comes that many people are unsatisfied with one of the "official" ones. Shinies won't ever really be "done" until the game is released.
    Later down the road, we can pull these up again, and see if we all still agree.
    Last edited by neon.Barnacle; 07-09-10 at 07:24 PM.
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Better Than That Guy

Umm yeah, if shiny voting's over, HOW COME THERE'S NO KRAKLAW SHINY?

Thats what she said

Please, Quinn, it's not actually ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY WITH ALL CAPS TO GET DONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Kraklaw isn't coming out until the final game. There is plenty of other things to do before then, and I'm spending enough time trying to get on Topaz in the first place with this whole connection timed out issue.
    I'm not willing to rush in a front sprite for the sake of completionism on shinies. There's nothing stopping us from changing the shinies again if the time comes that many people are unsatisfied with one of the "official" ones. Shinies won't ever really be "done" until the game is released.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Vicious cycle

Quinn, I can understand crediting the sprites to the proper people, but there's absolutely no need to create a ranking list. We all appreciate the huge effort you put in to the shiny sprites, but for christ's sake it's not a goddamn competition.

That said, I'm going to go ahead and sticky this so we won't forget about it down the road.
    Last edited by neon.Barnacle; 07-09-10 at 07:29 PM.

Thats what she said

Yah, I didn't notice that until I was 1/2 way done. I'm like "HOLLY SHIT!" I attacked! I kinda feel bad about the drastic difference of numbers, but its just for knowledge. For crediting. Not mean't for bragging.

uh-ohs

Thank wally the sun god this is over. Such a headache...

wow...he did alot more than I thought :P

I was lookin at these and there were a couple that I saw that I just dont think should happen for shinies. It says that this will be pulled up every once in a while to see if everyone still likes, so maybe we could pull it up?

and I quote from someone, "I'm not that big of a fan of changing the voted shinies, but if you can come up with some that are genuinely better than the current ones, IB can probably set up a repoll of those pokemon."

So, there are a couple that bug me. They are...
    Cascadet
    Leoracle
    Snarliger's line

This is what I did.

Cascadet
    If we are gonna do close to same color area, gotta do it right . Just reverse it, and it looks better than just a darker version.

and a bleh one, might like might not.

I see leoracles shiny being green instead of purple. The normal is already purple, and shinies either hardly change, or change drastic. This is a middle. Either a small change would work, but a drastic seems better for this one.
    I edited the current shiny (ripped it from that image) and did some recolor
    (its pink, not purple)

I also saw a blue in him, but not as much.

Snarliger's line seems a bit TOO realistic to be shinies. It would be one thing if they were the normals, (kinda) but it just doesn't seem right for shinies. I think of those yellow things glowing with electricity, so for the shiny, just darker, with different color glow. I saw quinn did a blue, so I thought a Red would be better. (I could do a rainbow, but wasn't sure)

PS: IF you seem to notice, these are on Quinn's photobucket. He gave me his account since he wont be using it much anymore. Mainly just for logos and wood designs.
    thanx for the avi, Quinn. (although not sure if you know or not)

Administrator

I think Cascadet looks fine as is. Leoracle, purple was decided since it is the regal colour of majesty and excellence. Green and blue hardly match up. I believe Snarliger`s line`s shinies are meant to be realistic, and that clearly was a popular idea.

I did a NON-finished shiny back sprite of backurge but the program im using (microsoft paint) is very limited and I would never be able to do all the tiny color switches, so without further ado I show it...

EDIT: I didn't feel like barely doing anything so I made a fully complete one, Huskii (it took me longer to hand paint the background transparent than anything)
    Last edited by Shahin; 11-01-10 at 06:41 PM.

Everyone here (pretty much anyway) uses paint and they've managed to do just fine. Something doesn't look right with it, there seems to be a big loss of image quality.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

I use Paint. Did this in two minutes:

I prefer Paint to Photoshop (I have both), especially for doing recolours. It is honestly takes no time at all if you know the proper tools and techniques.
    Do I need to make a recolouring tutorial, or can people find out for themselves?

And Huskii's colours are reversed. The light should be where the dark is now and vice versa.

I did another one, Tundrolf, And I may soon do Wolfrost

I know how to recolor, I think I did Tundroflf pretty well.

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Reliability View Post
    I prefer Paint to Photoshop (I have both), especially for doing recolours. It is honestly takes no time at all if you know the proper tools and techniques.
    Is there a tool to help with that? Like one that selects all similar colors?

I use Paint. Did this in two minutes:

Do I need to make a recolouring tutorial, or can people find out for themselves?

And Huskii's colours are reversed. The light should be where the dark is now and vice versa.
    Ok I did what you said but I didn't make the background transparent:
    Last edited by Shahin; 11-01-10 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndadile View Post
    Is there a tool to help with that? Like one that selects all similar colors?
    I'll explain how to do it, you just get out your eyedropper and normal click on the color you want to change, then you right click the color you want to change the color to, and finally you get out the eraser and hold the right click button instead of the left, it will only color your normal clicked color. (On MS Paint)

Quote Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
    I did another one, Tundrolf, And I may soon do Wolfrost
    Here's Wolfrost

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
    I'll explain how to do it, you just get out your eyedropper and normal click on the color you want to change, then you right click the color you want to change the color to, and finally you get out the eraser and hold the right click button instead of the left, it will only color your normal clicked color. (On MS Paint)
    Thanks. I'll try to do some soon.

That seems inconvinient for large stuff, but these aren't too big.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

That's the process I use.

What I don't understand, Shanin, is why your outlines are so distorted. In some places they're too thick and in other's, they're not there.

It it's because of the blackness around them when you C+P, then it may be easier to do a screen capture, cut the bit you want, make a new file and paste the sprite in. You'll save a lot of effort that way, since it won't interfere with the outlines, and you can simply fill out the colour.

Lightbulb

That's the process I use.

What I don't understand, Shanin, is why your outlines are so distorted. In some places they're too thick and in other's, they're not there.

It it's because of the blackness around them when you C+P, then it may be easier to do a screen capture, cut the bit you want, make a new file and paste the sprite in. You'll save a lot of effort that way, since it won't interfere with the outlines, and you can simply fill out the color.
    Its because when I make the background transparent by hand some gets cut off and then it messes up when I bring it from MS Paint to Paint.NET and I dont usually copy and paste because I like making things from scratch (not in recoloring of course) and because my hand isn't that steady to make an outline around a part of the sprite without making the lines wavy. O ya and because when I copy an image from the web and paste it in it comes with a black box around it so i use the recoloring tool and it gets rid of it and I'm pretty young don't get me wrong.
    Last edited by Shahin; 11-02-10 at 01:58 AM.

Spriter and Gym designer

There's nothing stopping us from changing the shinies again if the time comes that many people are unsatisfied with one of the "official" ones. Shinies won't ever really be "done" until the game is released.
    (I don't know how to use quotes very well, which is why it doesn't say this, but that was originally posted by ImmunityBow)

I don't like the Polara and Polarice shinies. I never liked when shinies look extremely similar to their normal form when they aren't compared side by side. If you aren't paying much attention and don't notice the "ding" and sparkly animation at the beginning of the battle, you may not even notice that it's shiny. That almost happened to me with a Sunkern in SoulSilver, but I was able to catch it, and it turns out that it was shiny. One should be very certain that a Pokemon is shiny just by looking at, and without comparing it to the normal version. I'll try and make my own shinies of them, just to see if I can make anything better.

Spriter and Gym designer

Here's a Polara and Polarice that I personally think are better, but it may just be me, and I would like some feedback.

Polara

Polarice

Administrator

I don't think that version is any better or any worse, really. There's enough difference to tell that the Polaras are different, especially since you see quite a few of them at Mountain Path and Mt. Frost, so you'll notice when you suddenly see a darker one.

Spriter and Gym designer

Trust me, some people won't. It's better than Sunkern, but I still think it could be more different, like mine. I think we should get others' opinions on this though...

Thats what she said

I can't be for long *lord help me...hahaha* but I still have EVERY shiny I made. Computer and photobucket. *along with a start of one for that Kracklaw, cause I wanna see if I can snag that * I remember the dark one, and a yellow one with blue, maybe even slight purple icy fuzz/icicles. It might be just cause I made it, but I dont see an issue with it. Ha. Along that I kinda thought of how polar bears are actually black skinned or something, and the light on their fur makes em look white.

Spriter and Gym designer

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Along that I kinda thought of how polar bears are actually black skinned or something, and the light on their fur makes em look white.
    That's true, I remember learning that in school. If you want to do that though, you should make it even darker (I would suggest comparing normal Mirrust/Ferrian to shiny Mirrust/Ferrian as an example). If you want, I could send you my shiny sprites (you would have to PM me with your email address). Or do you just want to have made every shiny Pokemon in the Caldera/Kirant regions?

Thats what she said

Lol. I definetly didn't create them all. That was a long, tough time. I just made a lot of options for one pokemon, so thats why my names by a lot. Seems like little input on this yet, but I think my email is on my account. How many variation shinies do you have?

Spriter and Gym designer

I just have the one each, but I can make plenty more really easily. I'll try to make a lot of them and then I'll send you all of them. I can also try some Kraklaws.

Thats what she said

I know for one thing that Kraklaws will be gradly taken, though idk bout Polara line. But hey, I know what ya mean. EVEN I have some dislikes up there.
    What about Kraklaw???
    original:

Spriter and Gym designer

I'm still working on Polaras, but once I'm done those and the Polarices, I'll make some Kraklaws

Secret Agent

ITS GOOPER BLOOPER!!!

I made it more for fun (yes, this is what I do with my spare time), but if it is any good, I can try more.

I think that I at least need to tone down the black.

Spriter and Gym designer

I made some shinies for both, mostly Polara and Polarice. I didn't do as many Kraklaws because I like the ones you already made, but I still made a couple. They're all in the same image because I'm too lazy to put them all in individual images. I also can't upload it right now because the upload thing on the albums is being really glitchy, and I can't see the "Upload" button. I'll upload them ASAP, though.

Spriter and Gym designer

I'd also like to comment that I think Atlaxa looks too similar to it's normal form. I don't mind Thoraxa and Illumbra though, but if we change one, do we have to change all of them? I mean, look at the Charmander line: Non-Shiny- Orange, reddish-orange, orange. Shiny- Yellow, Yellow, Black.

Spriter and Gym designer

Finally, I was able to upload my shinies. I only did a couple for Kraklaw, becuase the ones you have up there are already pretty good (If you didn't make the red and green ones, I would've)

Polara:

Polarice:

Kraklaw:

What do you think?

Better Than That Guy

Eighty More Posts

whats the point of a shiny one-off cause it's like a one in a million chance...

Secret Agent

1 in 8191. <reference>Lawyered. </reference>

Shinys are an important part in pokemon. Its nice to at least have the chance to get them, and we might have some sort of event.

Overworlder (I think)

what kind of event? A guy who turns your pokemon into shinies? And YAAAAAAAY! Gooper Blooper!
    http://www.pokemontopaz.net/ TOPAZ, AND PROUD OF IT!

http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/s...-Guy-s-Profile - My TRPG profile

you'll notice when you suddenly see a darker one.
    I'm colourblind
    TRPG profile

3DS Friend code: 3711-7748-4916
    I has X, Looking for Y stones, will trade for good stuff.

stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Galladester View Post
    I'm colourblind
    Just wondering, but was the bump really necessary?

+ Reply to Thread