View Poll Results: Which one did you like more?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Originals: Gold Silver Crystal

4 36.36%
  • Remakes: Heart and Soul

7 63.64%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OLD or NEW?

Thats what she said

Default OLD or NEW?

I feel really bad to say this but I actually liked Gold and Silver alot more than the HEART and SOUL. Yes, they did have better graphics, and some fun add ons...but totally serious...there hasn't been a single game yet that has given me the same thrill and fun I had...and still do with the original gold and silver. No metriods, zelda's or Marios either.

The reason why I think this is is that me and my little bro played it. (Same mom, different dad) When we saw each other, we would link our games and have the best times ever. Around "emeralds" time though...our mom and his dad got divorced. His dad got full custody of him and one night, we were talking (I dont live with my mom either) and they went to her house, and just took him, and left forever. We could here him screaming in the background...it was horrible. Ironicly something as simple as a game...it is going to always be there. I can't see him till he is 18 and can leave home...and I'll be in my 20's. Until then though, I think there is a mentality thing with me and that game though...

Anyways....off from the rant of me...which one did you prefer?
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

well i must say i preferd red to yellow and silver to soul
    TRPG profile

3DS Friend code: 3711-7748-4916
    I has X, Looking for Y stones, will trade for good stuff.

Valued Topaz Contributor

Silver all the way. Never had Gold, sadly. I borrowed my friend's Heart Gold [not willing to spend my money on it until I was sure I liked it as well as the others. that friend was ZaCarrot, actually.] and just couldn't get into it. It could have something to do with the fact that it took me forever to figure out how to restart the dang thing, and by that point, I didn't see much of a point in it.

Silver was the first game that I beat [by myself, at least. my dad helped me bead Red]. I used to play it all the time, and still would, if I knew exactly where it and my GBA were. x.x'

Secret Agent

I can't exactly say. I haven't beaten Crystal yet, but I see no problem with either.

Sorry about that situation, by the way.

MLEX, that second part kind of happened to me, too. My dad helped me with Red (which a few years ago I lost). The rest of the story: I started Crystal. I lost it. I finished Saphire, then LeafGreen. I started Yellow, but got bored after a while. I'll finish it eventually. I'm still working (slowly) on FireRed with my brother. I traded all my good pokemon from Saphire to LeafGreen, then lost LeafGreen. Around then, I rented and beat Colesium and XD. I beat Diamond, and started Platinum but havn't beat it yet. I'm at Kanto in SoulSilver. Now I just bought XD, planning to trade my good pokemon over and restarting it. I kinda want Emerald.

Yeah, my relatives are still buying me pokemon games. I'm not dissappointed though.

aut vincere aut mori

I liked the originals better, but if you were to compare FR/LG and HG/SS, I would pick HG/SS hands-down. FR/LG were merely a graphic upgrade with a new area that was basically for getting the pokemon you couldn't find in R/S. HG/SS actually brought new features to the table.

Thats what she said

Ditto that. For me...I liked Yellow (hahaha, with the yellow marshmallow following you) I did like FR LG alot though, I think that and yellow tied. It was a fun game as well.

Silver was my game. That was the one I played with my lil bro...and since then, I can't ever replace it. Crystal was good though too. HGSS just didn't give me the thrill though when I played the original silver for my 1st time. 1st game I ever got truly addicted to, and still play it to this day.
    (lol...I actually picked Silver up and played it, while my HG and SS were sitting right by me)

RSE was a good gen. Lets see if they can return that with a strong punch.

FRLG was AWESOME. I normally didn't like kanto (overrated), but that, along with the sevii islands (pisses me off they didn't return in HGSS) returned a flame in me...not as strong as my silver flame, (which still burns strong), but still a good one.

DPP...hahahaha...we all know it. Least favorite gen. Good graphics, some fun stuff, but all together, a bad gen.

HGSS...good, though it made me really sad in the end. THEY UTTERLY DISTROYED ROUTE 29'S AND GOLDENROD'S MUSIC! Route 29 was the upbeat route, and Goldenrod was the awesome city that was huge, yet still a very calming one. They tried to swap that, and epicly failed!!!
    (Pokeathlon is SOOOO FUN though! I'm a jump and speed master!)

Black and White: Scared alot! Some pokemon look good, yet others are making me iffy. Also, WHY THE HELL IS THERE ROLLER COASTERS IN POKEMON! Except in battle rev (which you never got to ride em anyways), that isn't pokemon. Thats Human. Pokemon is different. Its not so techy in some areas, like in Forttree city, yet there are high tech thingys like teleporters. Our world shouldn't collide with theirs. We will ruin theres.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Secret Agent

Yeah, I'm scared too about 5th gen. But I don't see what is so bad about 4th. Not terrible. Trust me, it could get worse.

I think my favorite thing from HGSS is that YOUR POKEMON FOLLOWS YOU!!! One of my friends decided to get it only because of that.

Thats what she said

yeah. That returned from like 8 years ago or so. I liked it too..although my friend thought of some funny things that happen though.

I think people now know though why I defend Silver and Gold.

+ Reply to Thread