+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on Inception

Vicious cycle

Default Thoughts on Inception

First off, if you haven't heard of Inception, you can watch the trailer here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sd0ff1sbJU

So last night I went with my gf to the midnight premier of Inception, and by god was I blown away. It's directed by Christopher Nolan, the same director of The Dark Knight. And after watching Inception, he is now my favorite director. I don't want to spoil any plot, but I'm just going to recommend going into the movie with least knowledge as possible. The concept, the story, and the action scenes will blow you away. The ending is also one of the most deliciously evil cliffhangers I've ever seen. The plot might seem a bit convoluted at first, but as long as you pay attention, it'll all start to come together seamlessly.

Basically, I'm telling all of you to go watch this movie. Right now. I'm going to watch it a second time tomorrow, something I've never done before. It's just sheer. Fucking. Brilliance.

Thats what she said

I havent heard of it. Can you post the trailer?
    *I'm seeing airbender again!

....sooooo....whos the lucky girl jk....dont answer that.
    Last edited by Quinn; 07-17-10 at 02:24 AM.
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Vicious cycle

Whoops, I accidentally used image tags instead of url tags. Fixed.

Thats what she said

DAMN! I SAW WATER AND I WAS IN! lolz.

yeah...that looks hot. I'm gonna see it *if its in our theatre, which I dont see why it wouldn't be. Probably not with the girl tough....being single SUCKS MAJORLY!

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Vicious cycle

Word of caution, though: you have to pay attention for the entirety of the movie to fully understand it. So you might not enjoy it as much if you have a short attention span, or if you needed to go to the bathroom in the first hour and a half of the film.

Thats what she said

I'm neither of those...so it will be good.

Yeah...if I can take 8 hrs to make spritesheets, maps and all that other time taking stuff...I can handle it

Secret Agent

I have a short attention span, but that gives me good attention to detail. I probably won't see it until it comes out on DVD, but it does look good.

Administrator

I just saw it with my friends and wasted 3 hours on TV Tropes looking it up instead of doing any of the other long lists of things I should have been doing.

It was great, some people complain about the ending but the sheer amount of discussion it has generated means that it's already successful. There was the right amount of action, eye-candy, without compromising plot, dialogue or characterization. I didn't really notice too much about the soundtrack but that's okay, I usually do only if the soundtrack is exceptional or if the other elements are lacking. All the characters were likable and useful, which was nice: no truly annoying character or villain you'd like to kick several times. The whole dream aspect was pretty clear to follow too, as long as you didn't try to notice every little thing (judging from the JustBugsMe section on TVTropes).

almost saw it, but missed it.

+ Reply to Thread