+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Programming Checklist

Coder

I need a few sprites. Nothing urgent, but we'll need them for the demo.

~ Willow's boat. I was thinking it could be about the size of the one in R/S/E.
    ~ Ampure's over world sprite.
    ~ Over world sprites for Willow, the player (I believe these have been worked on but are not final), and Bradley.

Long term, we're going to need over world and battle sprites for all of the NPCs and trainers, including rivals, but there's no rush. I'm sure there's other stuff I haven't thought of yet.

Administrator

Willow's overworld is there, just needing a bit of an update. I'll get on the Willow overworld and her boat's sprites ASAP. Until then replace her boat with the SS Anne?

If someone wants to begin on Ampure's overworld, go ahead. Otherwise I guess I'll work on that soon too.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

I'll see what I can do about those overworlds tomorrow.

Worst case scenario, we use the RSE boat as a placeholder for the demo until we can make one of our own. But I can't imagine it will take too long to make a boat...

EDIT: If we've got the other two, I'll handle the Ampure overworld.
    Last edited by Reliability; 12-15-11 at 03:34 AM.

Overworlder (I think)

And I never even knew we needed an Ampure sprite.
    http://www.pokemontopaz.net/ TOPAZ, AND PROUD OF IT!

http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/s...-Guy-s-Profile - My TRPG profile

Administrator

The catching tutorial is with an Ampure.

Coder

Could we see an updated checklist just to see where you are and how much is left to do?

Coder

I updated the list. My priority right now is setting up the plot while the community finishes pokemon.txt. After those are finished, I'll figure out the remaining moves and abilities. NPCs, trainers, and the insides of building are going to be put in as I go along.

Updated list is below:

1. Compile the data needed for all of the Pokemon appearing (pokemon.txt) - Being handled by the community (Thank you!)
    2. Build all of the maps, and test them for errors - (Maps for demo are built, but testing needed
    3. Implement the new moves that will be appearing - About 1/4 moves have been coded.
    4. Implement the new abilities that will be appearing - To be done after moves are finished.
    5. Build the interior of each building - Being built along with the plot.
    6. Create all of the NPCs in the towns and buildings - Same as above; any ideas for NPCs are welcome!
    7. Create all of the battling trainers - Same as above.
    8. Set up the introduction - Completed.
    9. Implement the opening scene, up to choosing a starter - Completed.
    10. Implement the rest of the plot - Almost finished Neo Bay introduction.

Administrator

Couple of things:
    Have you gotten this yet? http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/s...-s-work-so-far
    I has a lot of work on moves that could save you some time.

Here are some NPC lines that were developed for the demo by Pirotechnix, ragingprimeape and Mediocrity_Incarnate.

Neo Bay:
    NPC 1: Man, I never cease to be impressed! This is my third home, and the advances in science are just as amazing!
    NPC 2: I like going down to the bay and making footprints in the sand. But they always disappear...Why is that?,
    NPC 3: Hmm..what should I eat for lunch today...,
    NPC 4: Professor Willow sure is something! Did you hear? He's already discovered a new batch of Pokemon! Maybe you should check them out, [Your Name]!,
    NPC 5: Zzzz...Zzzz....Huaghh...No, I swear it will be done soon...Zzzz...,
    NPC 6: Doo do de da didali diddy diddy...What? Can't a person sing while they work? Sheesh...kids these days...,
    NPC 7: Have you ever noticed that some people will say the same thing over and over every time you talk to them? Weird, isn't it?,
    NPC 8: *sigh* I miss her so~ My love lost on a stormy night~
    Rival's Mom: Hey, [Your Name]! You just missed [Rival's Name.] [He/She] just went out for a bit of fresh air!,
    Professor's Aide: Hello there! I work here as one of Professor Willow's aides!,
    Professor's Aide: The Professor is such a generous man! Giving deserving children their own Pokemon when they come of age...I wish I had that opportunity when I was younger!,

Route 204:

NPC 1: Hey! Check it out! You can find wild Pokemon in the tall grass! Sweet, huh?
    NPC 2: Well, there's one thing to be said about Pokemon trainers; they sure do get their exercise.
    NPC 3: *sniff* My allergies...are...so bad right now...*sniff*
    Trainer 1: Hey! You looked me in the eye! Nobody ever looks me in the eye! You've got a lot of nerve, kid! [After Battle Victory] Humiliated...by a kid...
    NPC 5: Hey! I run the Pokemon Mart over in Cranewing City! It's a great place for any aspiring trainer to visit on their quest. Hey, let me give you a free sample, as a bit of a promotion, you might say! [Receive Potion/Antidote/etc.]
    NPC 6: Have you noticed those trainer tool signs? Who puts those there? And what is a Start, and Save, button? I'm so confused...
    Trainer 2: Pssh! Who needs shorts? Pants are the way to go! [After Battle Victory] Pant, pant...
    Help Sign: TRAINER TOOLS: 1. If you want to stop your game at anytime, hit Start, then select Save.

Sunset Village:

SIGN: Sunset Village: A weary adventurer's respite.
    NPC 1: Sunset Village is a great place to retire. There's not too much going on.
    NPC 2: This pokemart has sales every so often. They sell some different pokeballs here.

Pokemart:

NPC 3: Escape ropes will return you to the entrance of a cave. Use them if you get in over your head, dear.

Houses:

NPC 4 (RSE Mom): Just starting your adventure with pokemon? Our son was just like you when he was your age...
    NPC 5 (Norman): My wife and I used to live in Johto, and then we moved to Hoenn. Now, we've ended up here.
    NPC 6 (Blaine): My pokemon and I used to incinerate all challengers! Now, my grandson Froy has that job! (Ninetales: Kiwoon!)
    NPC 7 (FR/LG Mom): I've lived a long, happy life. It's been wonderful watching our son grow up and start his own family.
    NPC 8 (FR/LG Dad): Our son was the greatest pokemon trainer alive, that is, until he settled down.
    NPC 9: My job is to assist the residents in their daily lives. It makes me feel good to care for these people.
    NPC 10: Many folks here were once great pokemon trainers! Time has taken its toll on them...

Pokemon Center:

NPC 11: I didn't even know this place existed until a few days ago! I noticed it on a map, and I decided to check it out.

Cranewing City

NPC 1: Welcome to Cranewing, the City of Glass!
    NPC 2 [inside house] Ahh...nothing like the smell of charcoal and glass to wake you up in the morning.
    NPC 3 [inside house] Ugh! I can't stand this smell!
    NPC 4: Have you heard the story about the legendary glassmakers of this town? [Y/N] [If Y] Well, then I guess you already know all I would have to tell you. [If N] Well, why don't you go and speak to them, then? They're all over town.
    NPC 5: Puff...puff...Glassblowing is fun! Puff...puff...
    NPC 6: *cough cough* I got too close to a pile of charcoal...*cough cough*
    NPC 7: Hey! You look like a tough trainer! Why don't you go and test your mettle against Froy? He's a pretty cool customer, even if he is surrounded by fire.
    NPC 8: Ugh...that journey through Route 204 took a lot out of me...I better go rest up at the Pokemon Center...
    NPC 9: Spinarak, use Poison Sting!...NO! NOT STRING SHOT, POISON STING! GAH! YOU'RE SO USELESS! Spinarak: Keeskeech!
    NPC 10: Hmm...what to buy today...Shoes, or shoes? Shoes...or shoes...
    NPC 11: Mm...Kingler Brand Charcoal...I'd use nothing else for my barbeque!
    NPC 12: This cup right here, it's nothing less than GLASSYLICIOUS!...Wait, why did I just say that?
    NPC 13: Lalala...lalala...Doing nothing...lalala...

Pokemon Center in Cranewing: Nurse Joy: Welcome to the Pokemon Center! We can get your Pokemon back into perfect shape! Would you like us to do that? [Y/N] [If Y] Ok! Just wait here for a moment....Thank you for waiting! Your Pokemon are back to perfect help. Hope to see you again! [If N] We hope to see you again!
    NPC 1: New to Cranewing? Yeah, you look it. Well, if you're planning on beating Froy, you're gonna be visiting here a lot more often! Haha!
    NPC 2: Mmm, Nurse Joy is so dreamy...Hey! Why are you looking at me that way?
    NPC 3: Hey! Want a cup of coffee with me? No? That's a shame, you look tired.
    NPC 4: I'm so jealous...This computer is WAY better than the one I have at home...*sigh*

Pokemon Mart in Cranewing: NPC 1: Gosh, everything is so expensive here.
    NPC 2: What? I can't get my shopping done in here! Why is it called a mart, if I can't even buy groceries?
    Store Clerk: Welcome to the Pokemon Mart! How can I help you?[List of Items] [Item]? You're buying [Amount]? That'll come to [Final Price]. If buying: Thanks a lot! Do you want anything else?, If not buying: Oh, just window shopping, eh? Well, you want to look at anything else?, If canceling: Thanks a lot for stopping by, come again!,

Gym: Helpful Dude at Front: Hey, future Pokemon cham-peen! I'm no trainer, but I can give you some helpful advice! If you want to become a better battler, you better listen up! [Y/N] [Y]Okay, here's the deal. Froy's got it cool when it comes to handling Fire Pokemon! If you're one of those nature loving Grass types, Froy's gonna burn you alive! Counter his fiery spirit with a good douse of water! [N]What? You don't want to become a Pokemon cham-peen?
    Trainer 1: You think you've even got a chance against Froy? You gotta get through me first, and trust me, you got no fire compared to me!, [After Victory] Sheesh! Too hot to handle!,
    Trainer 2: Froy's been my mentor for as long as I can remember. If I still can't beat him, then you have no chance of beating me! [After Victory] Oh, snap! Not bad, kid! Not bad!
    Froy: An expertly blown piece of glass. Flawless. No matter how hard you look, you won't find a single imperfection. That is how I strive to live my life. My Pokemon recognize this, and have become expertly tuned to my feelings. Do you think you can break their fiery exterior? Let's get it on. [After Victory] Your skill...it can douse even the strongest of fires. Take this Glass Badge. You deserve it.
    Softwind:
    Softwind Pokemart: NPC 1: Let's see... I'll need to stock up on potions before going into Chartree forest. Potions heal your pokemon by 20 HP.
    NPC 2: You should really carry status healers with you for long expeditions. You never know what could happen out there!

Softwind Pokemon Center: NPC 1: I just got my seventh pokemon, but I dont know what happened to it... What? It's in the PC storage system?
    NPC 2: My pokemon got paralyzed by an AMPURE. It couldn't attack as quickly, so I lost the battle. Paralysis is a tough condition to battle with!
    NPC 3: I'm so glad pokemon centers are free. If they weren't, my pokemon would never get healed because I've got no money.
    NPC 4: Clerk guy for pokemart.

More outside people: NPC 5: Ahhh! The air is so clean here! This place is much healthier than my home at Collossus City.
    NPC 6: Have you ever considered giving your pokemon nicknames? It lets you personalize your parteners. I've heard somewhere that there is a man who will rate the nicknames of your pokemon and let you change them.
    NPC 7: Therma is a good person. She teaches the young children of our city how to read and write. If there were more people like her, this world would be a better place.
    NPC 8: The weather here is quite mild compared to other areas of this reigon. There are some tall mountains west of here where the weather is quite harsh!
    NPC 9: The three towers here... They stand for the elements fire, electric, and ice. Our legends say that each tower was once roosted upon by legendary bird pokemon from Kanto.
    NPC 10: The Softwind orphanage was started by a man named Fuji while on vacation from his home in Kanto.
    NPC 11 (Person next to NPC 6): He names all our pokemon after vegetables... (Sandshrew in room named Rutabega)
    If you need more, just ask.

stuff

Just saying, but the person mentioning the Escape Rope should have the "R" in "rope" capitalized.

Also. NPC 6 of Softwind should have "Pokemon" as opposed to "pokemon", and "partners" is misspelled as "parteners"

Actually, I see a lot of people not capitalizing Pokemon!

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Are we using the accented e in Pokemon? I've been putting it into the script, but it hasn't been used above.

stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Reliability View Post
    Are we using the accented e in Pokemon? I've been putting it into the script, but it hasn't been used above.
    I noticed that, too. I think we should, personally; it'll add to the authenticity.

EDIT: Konrad. Are there any cries of mine that you STILL need for the demo? I'm not sure what's left, if there are any.
    Last edited by Blade Flight; 12-23-11 at 07:15 PM.

Administrator

Actually I think all the items and moves and Pokemon etc. are in all caps in canon games. So ESCAPE ROPE, POKEMON and such.

Spriter and Gym designer

A couple of the Neo Bay NPCs referred to Prof. Willow as a male, but isn't she female? I mean, this is her sprite, and it looks female to me.

Administrator

Yes, they were made before we changed it.

aut vincere aut mori

Oh yeah. Willow was male before we changed her to help with gender balancing.

+ Reply to Thread