+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Offical Overworld Terrain?

Snoozin' in the Patcave

Default Offical Overworld Terrain?

Just curious if we have a full and official overworld terrain tileset?

I've poked around here a bit but doesnt seem to be an official one anywhere

Thanks!
    Last edited by Pat; 01-14-13 at 10:19 AM.

Secret Agent

I believe this is our latest tileset: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/92347724/Top...g%20Omega).png

Better Than That Guy

Just like to point out that, iirc, that's made specifically for Topaz and shouldn't be used without permission.
    /covering all bases/

Snoozin' in the Patcave

Quote Originally Posted by Black Temple Gaurdian View Post
    Just like to point out that, iirc, that's made specifically for Topaz and shouldn't be used without permission.
    /covering all bases/
    Yeah i'm not planning on stealing or misusing anything.

I'm actually working on a terrain editor to generate maps for pokemon; mainly because i'm trying to implement a few game programming concepts and this is a good avenue.

I'm also trying my hand at programming a game engine. It looks like the biggest hurdle you guys have here is that you don't have a programmer to implement everything. But you guys literally have everything someone would need to actually make a game other than a programmer which is pretty impressive. I'm still relatively new to game programming but 2D games shouldn't be too hard.

Secret Agent

We actually have an engine for the game already. We're using a program called RPG Maker XP, as well as the Pokemon Essentials kit. BlackTempleGaurdian would have a better idea of what needs to be implemented, but it's mainly moves, abilities, etc. If you're familiar with the programming language "Ruby", it would be freat if you could look at this accuracy problem I keep hearing about. But again, BTG would have more information about that.

Snoozin' in the Patcave

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndadile View Post
    We actually have an engine for the game already. We're using a program called RPG Maker XP, as well as the Pokemon Essentials kit. BlackTempleGaurdian would have a better idea of what needs to be implemented, but it's mainly moves, abilities, etc. If you're familiar with the programming language "Ruby", it would be freat if you could look at this accuracy problem I keep hearing about. But again, BTG would have more information about that.
    Ah i see. I only know C-Based languages (Java, C, Javascript, etc) unfortunately. Though all a programming language is is just syntax; I'd be willing to take a swing at this accuracy problem

Better Than That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Ah i see. I only know C-Based languages (Java, C, Javascript, etc) unfortunately. Though all a programming language is is just syntax; I'd be willing to take a swing at this accuracy problem
    Oh good, someone who knows what they're doing. I've been stabbing in the dark using what's already in place to macguyver most of the stuff, with a little help, so having someone who knows (even vaguely) what's going on will really help.

+ Reply to Thread