+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible things to keep in mind during development

Administrator

Default Possible things to keep in mind during development

I was just reading through the Pokedex Entries, and thought it'd be kind of cool if we made sure that some of the things said in them made their way into the world we create ingame.

For instance:
    Ampharos: The brilliant rays of light generated by AMPHAROS' tail are harnessed for use as navigational beacons. It is standard maritime procedure to bring it on excursions in case of emergency.

I think it'd be a nice mental tic if we placed an Ampharos overworld on all the ferries and boats that the player travels on.

Other sidequests could deal with the effects of Pokemon explained in the entries, such as a Jolteon causing a power outage in a city, or Rocket Miltank/Flaafy Milk Exploitation/Wool smuggling, stuff like that.

Ideas?

Thats what she said

HAEL YAYAH! Now overworlds created would have to be per say...CREATED. Cant use HGSS cause they have difference than 3rd gen overworlds. Maybe use them as "base" but maybe even a complete 3rd gen overworld trainer rehaul. Or of course, custom. and maybe from some spriters out there, I know a couple.
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Administrator

Yeah I like that idea a lot. It'd be pro if we could have a Gyarados go on a rampage or something.

RPG Administrator

Sounds like a great idea! which also gives me an idea. For Kuranpu, maybe, in accordance with whatever Philosophy it follows, could be the one to stop the whole Orion/Rocket Dsipute, when you get to Jirachi, and therefore no one makes the wish. Then later Jirachi shows up for you to battle/catch wherever.
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

Administrator

Gyarados rampage is a little difficult because Magikarp isn't in this game so as not to steal Goldrake/Arowana's thunder. But I'm glad people are for the idea.

RPG Administrator

Well, we kinda of need a Kraklaw Overworld to begin with, since that was already decided as a side quest. Same with Mirust, and same with Jirachi, and all the legends.
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

Secret Agent

I can come up with some stuff. I love sidequests.

I'll have severall ideas in the next couple of days...

Administrator

One of the things I enjoyed about Dragon Quest IX was the fact that there were so many things to do aside from the main story.

We can't let ourselves get caught up in adding stuff like that though, and delaying the game even further. Go ahead and share your ideas but keep in mind that we may need to set aside most of that stuff to be released in later patches.

the Dragon Master

I was thinking, as I like the idea of adding the various pokemon according to their entries, that maybe some of this stuff could happen after so many days of playing when the players reach certain points. I think the coding would be a little bit complex but it would work like the Safari zone from the Sinnoh region.
    As to working on the sprites if anybody has the original Gold/Silver/Crystal set, if you go to the daycare you can leave pokes there and you can use those as bases (I know it'll be like 16 bit graphics) should work.
    Other than that I can't currently think of anything else at the moment.
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

+ Reply to Thread