+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wow! Quinn's going away gifts.

Thats what she said

Default Wow! Quinn's going away gifts.

Alright. So I'm at my hotel now, so I'm gonna post all the stuff for "my" gift.

I know this is nowhere near as good as Mewlovers, but hope you like.

1st. My famous old maps. (I'll post them also in the map thread)

2nd. Therma Gym

3rd. Nothing to do with topaz, but here you go anyways.

Alright, Hope you like this. I wont do edits (I'm on vacation for christ's sakes), but...I do wanna battle some people. (another link in a sec)
    Last edited by Quinn; 07-24-10 at 01:17 AM.
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Secret Agent

Quinn, my computer does NOT like your first spoiler.

I like the white buildings in the top right of city 1 and top left of city 2. They are good maps.

I'm not so sure about the skylights, though.

You haven't been on for a week or so, have you?
    Last edited by Cyndadile; 07-24-10 at 01:28 AM.

Administrator

My main issue with Abaddon Swamp is that I always imagined it to be bigger and with more marsh grass. Some puzzle elements wouldn't hurt either though I don't know how you would implement those.

Colossus looks okay, it kind of reminds me of Dubai, with all the different buildings. It doesn't look particularly aesthetically pleasing but Colossus isn't supposed to be that kind of city anyway. I do think it might be a little small though.

I love Dynamo Gardens. It works beautifully in my opinion!

Therma's gym also works for me. I like the skylights and the fans don't look too out of place.

Thats what she said

I've looked at some of the routes, and if I remember right, abandonned swamp is one tile big on the map...and its bigger than some 2 tile routes. (cant remember which one though :P)

Same with collossus. its like double the size of roothaven, and roothaven is giant compared to some cities.

I hope I can tile-ify the backgrounds, but if I can, they will look HOT! (hopefully) *for dynamo)

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Thats what she said

rephrase. "wont do edits, while on vacation".

I just looked at some photos of that dubai place...HOLY CRAP! I wanna go there some day.

Also...for colossus being possible small...well I did some math...
    I got a map of Saffron City...one of the biggest ciites. I doubled it's size so it was 32 by 32 frames. It has a 1 tree frame. The image size is 1376 by 1278...or around 1758528 pixels. Now Colossus city is uploaded to photobucket. Photobucket makes big images smaller. Its original size is 2912 by 1472...or around 4286464.

So. Colossus city is actually about 2 1/2 Saffron cities. I think if anything, it would be "colossus"!

Administrator

Okay, I stand corrected then.

As for Abaddon Swamp, since it's an area, perhaps the size restrictions don't count? The Safari Zone in most regions is far bigger than it is on the map, among other things.

Vicious cycle

Abaddon Swamp: You do know there are swamp tilesets available? They look great, and you should probably use them. Although I guess that's not an issue since we'll have to remake them anyway. There's too much surfable water, in my opinion, and the entire area is too blocky and linear. Headbutt trees do not fit into the theme very well, nor do regular patches of grass. Go for tall grass only.

Colossus City: Firstly, since it's supposed to be a gritty city, the tileset should be what Fangking used for his Mezereon City:

I'm not a big fan of the city layout, it's too cramped at certain parts and buildings look randomly placed. I also don't think there should be a market, since we'll have plenty of those in Gallea and Portwind already.

Dynamo Gardens: Love the concept, but for an ambitious floating city it's way too small. I also don't really want to use normal terrain tiles, we've seen plenty of those already. I'm thinking something more mechanical-looking.

Thats what she said

cant see the swamp tiles. I saw safari based...anywhere based...and those looked like swampy based. Grass is an easy fix...though surface water? It rains like hell on the route...and its a swamp. Shouldn't there be lots of water? (along with even more mud.)

Again...this might sound rude...but I dont really wanna be like Fangking. I've tried to talk to him on acanthite before, and he just ignores me. I've asked if they need help with some stuff...and he has yet to ever give me a reply. (maybe he's too cool...being able to make a tilesheet...along with fakemon...and all that other stuff he has done on cites. :P ) I've only talked to STT and IB there. Also...again...dont wanna be rude...but I actually...."DONT LIKE" that city at all! Its WAYYYYYY to generic. It looks like a bigger version of Saffron, with some Celadon added. I based mine off of Slateport, Rustboro, Saffron, Celedon, and DEFINETLY goldenrod. (yes, I use cities to look at sometimes) If its a gritty city, shouldn't it be packed up? Also...doesn't the description talk about having a market? (I read and it did) The only thing I like about that city is that its twisted a bit, with the 2 routes.
    I know I haven't added signs yet though.

For Dynamo...should there be "custom" tiles? I could see a metalish based hills to replace the mountain tiles. If its too big though, it would be heavy and fall outta the sky. (With of course, the excpetion of castle in the sky )

So...what I got so far.
    Abbandoned Swamp: Too small, too unmazed....and too much water(?).
    Colossus: Good on 2 peoples sides, though, seems bit to cramped up, and too generic(again..."?")
    Dynamo: Again...good on 2 people sides, though too small, and too "normal". (Ironicly...for this one, I can perfectly understand)

Edit: Just finished a shower...and I've got like an hr or 2 to do stuff...so I MIGHT do something. (and people said I wasn't dedicated enough. Working on vacation? Not dedication? *says sarcasticly )

I just noticed cyndidiles edit. He likes both cities.
    and yes...I haven't been on in a week. Surprised? Knowing that I normally am on every day. Lets just say, I have some reasons.
    Last edited by Quinn; 07-25-10 at 04:19 AM.

Vicious cycle

Here are the swamp tiles I'm talking about:

I'll correct my comment about it having too much water. What I actually felt at the time was that it's too open. When I think of a swamp I think of trees, lots and lots of trees. The map you created was more like a marshland.

Your opinion of Fangking shouldn't have anything to do with the map I posted, so don't quite see the point in you going out of your way to criticize his character. Also, I only said that we should use Mezereon City's tileset, which I believe fits perfectly for a gritty, industrial city. I never said anything about the layout. Speaking of that, maybe the reason why I dislike your Colossus City is because you tried to base it off of so many cities. There are so many elements you included that they don't mesh well together at all. The city should also have many more buildings. And if you read that it had a market in a description, I oppose that detail because 1) Colossus City is supposed to be highly industrialized and thus a market would feel out of place, and 2) there are already potential markets in Gallea, Laysan, Icthyes and Portwind.

For Dynamo Gardens, I actually had a concept a while ago of what it should look like, so would you mind leaving that city to me? Also, the Gardens is supposed to stay afloat using a large electromagnet, so size isn't an issue.

Thats what she said

those are the safari ones. The swamp ones are the more green ones, though not the ones with normal grass.

Here we go.
    (I'm gonna delete this in 2 days though)

(the route paths are part of my customs. The other part couldn't fit, so they are at the bottom.)

I know. I dont really try to sound like I'm critisizing, but it seems he might not wanna talk to the "nubes". Thats why I like here better. Its more democratic. Lot less arguments.

Colossus. I could replace the market and some buildings with houses, and stuff. Make it bit more "calm".

Dynamo: Maybe, between you AND me...we could make a total kick ass one?
    Last edited by Quinn; 07-25-10 at 04:53 AM.

Administrator

Fangking's just a very busy man, who, similarly to Badara, is very hard to reach outside of email or MSN. It's nothing on your part.

Those swamp tiles are actually FRLG safari tiles, but they do work perfectly. Puddles as well as pond water is entirely fine, of course.

Colossus City is kind of up there, since it's a kind of blight on the land anyway. I don't think they really care about urban sprawl or urban planning in general. But agreed on the market: there are many towns with markets in C/K already.

I already like Dynamo Gardens a lot (I was thinking though that it doesn't need to be so big because the concept was to have 3 levels in a top-down design, wasn't it?) but I want to see what neon can come up with too!

Uber Blob

I say that if we don't already have a city with a huge pokemart, that the market could be changed to a huge pokemart.

Please help her grow.

Thats what she said

not gonna be here nearly as often, so maps, and all that stuff will be slow.

Another thing though????

Check it out! NOW!

+ Reply to Thread