+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Today I Become a Hero

Administrator

Default Today I Become a Hero

Hey guys, part of the reason I was pretty much nonexistent for the summer was because I was working with a few friends on a short 5 minute game called Today I Become a Hero. I did the modelling for all the houses and thought I'd share it because it's short and free and pretty. Turns out my best friend (the one who helped with the Therma, Treasure Hunter and random fighter guy sprite) is pretty involved in the indie game dev scene... he's even got a game that's he worked on out on Steam called Electronic Super Joy!

Secret Agent

That's pretty cool! It seems like a well-polished game.

It's awesome that your friend got a game on Steam. I'm not sure what that process is, but it has to be pretty difficult for an indie developer.

Administrator

There's actually a story behind that. The kind of artistic director of the game was going to go to a fancy dinner to try to woo what I'm assuming are the people in Valve involved with Steam, but then suddenly he couldn't go. He called to say he couldn't come in and they told him he could just have his game on Steam anyway. So it was kind of a lucky thing.

the Dragon Master

Sadly, being at the library their PCs don't have the software to run it but just looking at the site and reading what it's about is cool. I like the idea (and I wish I had come up with something like that, but oh well, I've got others I can work with) and I think it'll do great, I would certainly love to play it!
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

+ Reply to Thread