+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: regarding HMs and contests

Well, huge differences like that make it a unique game, so it seems less like an expansion of the other generations and more like a series on its own. In situations like that, straying from the canon games is necessary. Topaz, however, is generally similar to the canon so straying excessively from what the player wants to see is just going to irritate him/her.
    ö¿ö

RPG Administrator

I can see you have a perfectly valid point there, but what i'm saying is that we should expand on what is within the universe, make it different in that it is less static in what you CAN do, and more flexible with what you COULD do. I'm not saying to create like a totally different game to the point that the only similarities are the fact that there are pokemon, and there are trainers.
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

I think that a sidequest for Fly is certainly possible. Of course, I would have the point (I believe it's the point) ruined by making it a required quest.
    ö¿ö

Administrator

Didn't RBY force you to go through the Safari Zone to win the Surf HM? Ugh, I kept running out of steps too.

And wasn't Fly located in some roundabout route that you had to go to specifically in order to get it?

Also what about having to find the Warden's golden teeth to get Strength?

So there is a precedent in canon games for establishing side-quests to obtain HMs. We don't have to decide right now where or how they are going to be obtained though.

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by zeroality View Post
    FYI: I moved the 34 posts that delved into a discussion about contests and HMs into its own thread since I figured the discussion was still ongoing and I didn't want to spam up the suggestions thread any further.
    Good move.

I thought it was FRLG with surf in the safari zone. Whatever. I do think it is important for development to figure out at least when we get the HMs, if not where and how.

Spriter and Gym designer

FRLG are based off RBY, so if it's in one, it's probably in the other. And I would hope it is before Gallea, because as I said, it is required for the gym I made. I would like to know whether or not it is being used though, so I know whether or not it matters to have Surf before Gallea.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannigon64 View Post
    FRLG are based off RBY, so if it's in one, it's probably in the other. And I would hope it is before Gallea, because as I said, it is required for the gym I made. I would like to know whether or not it is being used though, so I know whether or not it matters to have Surf before Gallea.
    As I've said before, Surf will be available before the gym. It has been worked out so that it IS available. So you can stop worrying your head about it. ^.^

Spriter and Gym designer

That's good. Didn't that evolve into the Bella/Jane battle thing?

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Yes. That bit that was discussed in the Gym Leader Discussion topic (or a variation of it) will likely be used.

+ Reply to Thread