+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ImmunityBow's Random Pokemon Comment of the Day

Administrator

Default ImmunityBow's Random Pokemon Comment of the Day

Just thought that since we've got a lot of newer members hanging around nowadays, I'd use the RNG to generate a number from our Caldera/Kirant Dex and share some thoughts about the Pokemon. Feel free to comment, add your own things, anything. If possible I'll do this daily, if only as a point of discussion.

So, first RNG: 108!
    Tellure

Tellure

Front sprite by Novoni, backsprite by ImmunityBow.

This has been one of my favourite Topazmon since I first came here, and in my brief advertising stints on Acanthite and such I always liked to showcase this one. Since its work of genius front sprite is obviously from the great Novoni, Tellure's always presented a great challenge since it's so visually stunning. How do you make concept art for it? A backsprite for it? Reliability stepped up to the cause, though he's still looking to get it edited. EDIT: Now the backsprite is updated so it's mine :3

Tellure's sprite isn't the only awesome thing about it though, to make up for its below-average stats, it also has a spectacular movepool and ability. The moveset was initially made by Ali, and drew praise even from the generally difficult to please neon Barnacle, one of the Topaz admin at the time. The Copycat ability, unique to the Pokemon (not even Equill learns it) allows it to copy any stat bonuses of the enemy Pokemon. A suggested moveset is Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Imprison/Mystic Power (or Magic Coat), which allows it to lock out two of its main weaknesses in Ice and Electric moves, while staying safe from status with Magic Coat or Synchronize and keeping up with enemy boosts with Mystic Power or Copycat. Tellure isn't limited to that moveset though, with a plethora of support options such as Wish, Flatter, Heal Bell, Calm Wind, Equilibrium, the screens and Squall.

Tellure's Pokedex Entry: "TELLURE escapes from enemies by dazzling them with a whirl of colorful lights. The experience is often compared to the influence of hallucinogens."
    This one was initially concepted by Kisa and underwent a process of edits by neon Barnacle, Pirotechnix, and me. Though Tellure is such an evocative Pokemon, it was difficult to capture its nature in just two sentences, and so went through a fair amount of debate before finally reaching that state that achieved the 5 votes necessary to be officialized.

Tellure currently has a pending concept art from Phoenixsong, though it is yet to be determined when that will be coming in.

You can find all of Tellure's stats and such here
    Last edited by ImmunityBow; 03-01-13 at 03:16 AM.

RPG Administrator

This sounds like an awesome idea! Though, as a possible activity booster, maybe you could limit the RNG to Pokemon that still need looking at, changes to (especially those that need/are in the process of revamps), or specific information on?
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

Administrator

If there's information you're looking for, just ask, no need to wait for my discretion.

stuff

I remember something similar to Equill and Tellure being Grass/Flying...was that this line or something else?

Administrator

Certainly not since they got their names, since their names are pretty obviously Psychic (Equilibrium + Quill and Telekinesis + Allure)

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    Certainly not since they got their names, since their names are pretty obviously Psychic (Equilibrium + Quill and Telekinesis + Allure)
    I hadn't actually considered what their names were based on.

Tellure has always been one of my favorites.

Administrator

A question for you all. Do you think I should make a new topic for each comment, or should I just add to this one?

stuff

Add to this one, I say.

Administrator

What's your reasoning? I know new topics clog up the forums, but there's not really much to clog up. If there's a new topic every time, then it'd be easy for people to know that a new entry is up. Also information can get buried really deep in a large topic.

stuff

True, I just was thinking of Acanthite's thread for canonmon. Figured it would be slightly more organized, but...touche.

RPG Administrator

Hmm......Maybe you could RNG a Pokemon, then expand on the rest of it's line over the next day(s)? Would get us through the list a little faster, and not clog up the forum too much, while still creating a new thread every few days.
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

Administrator

Sure.

Equill
    There isn't really much more to say about Equill that isn't covered by Tellure, but its sprites were once again the product of a Novoni frontsprite Reliability backsprite combo. It went through most of the due processes, and, being a far simpler Pokemon, has some concept art, donated generously by one-time Topaz stalwart oykawoo.

Equill is a rather rare Pokemon that is only found on two routes, 211 and 226. Its makes its nests in the sunny Route 211 between Kalypso City and Laysan Town, basking in the sub-tropical climate that the area affords. During the daytime, Equill can be found on Route 226, the hilled area near Laysan Town covered in ripe berries upon which they feed. However, at night time, the temperate climate in the altitudes of Laysan Town and Route 226 are too cold to bear and so Equill leave the area to return to their homes in Route 211, where you can find them day or night.

Overworlder (I think)

Wait, does this mean there are actually berry trees in Topaz?
    http://www.pokemontopaz.net/ TOPAZ, AND PROUD OF IT!

http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/s...-Guy-s-Profile - My TRPG profile

Administrator

There will be berry trees of some form. They may be GSC-style rather than the RSE-on version of plant, water, reap though because GSC-style is easy to program.

Secret Agent

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Berry_planting
    Essentials makes everything easier.

Administrator

That must be new. Fangking Omega was talking specifically about how he couldn't do it.

stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    That must be new. Fangking Omega was talking specifically about how he couldn't do it.
    Really? I figured that it was doable because, y'know, it's a Ruby hack...

Also, would it be alright if *I* introduce a Pokemon? Or should you do it instead, IB?

Spriter and Gym designer

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Flight View Post
    Really? I figured that it was doable because, y'know, it's a Ruby hack...
    No. No it is not a Ruby hack. It's programmed with a programming language called Ruby, which is completely unrelated to Pokemon Ruby version, if that's what got you confused.

stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannigon64 View Post
    No. No it is not a Ruby hack. It's programmed with a programming language called Ruby, which is completely unrelated to Pokemon Ruby version, if that's what got you confused.
    ._. Wow, man. How could I forget? I feel like a complete DERP, because I knew that...how DID I forget?

Maybe I misspoke?

Administrator

Also, would it be alright if *I* introduce a Pokemon? Or should you do it instead, IB?
    Go ahead

+ Reply to Thread