+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Triple Triad Pokemon Edition

I hope it's not too late to post this.
    When I try to run it, I get this message:

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v...nloaderror.jpg

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Quote Originally Posted by Badara View Post
    If you get an error regarding you do not have the RTP Standard Runtime when running the program, Please download and install the following
    RTP Standard Runtime
    I believe that this is the solution. I think I had the same problem and this seemed to rectify it.

Administrator

If you already have the RTP runtime installed then try a reboot. If that doesn't work then you can download the framework directly from this link.

Back Again!

"counterfeit" is spelled wrong in the game
    I think is says "is" instead of "his" but not sure, I clicked past it pretty fast so I didn't notice for sure.
    Only other idea is that when you put in the #of your card, there is an additional screen, I keep on accidentally getting tons of Venap cards by over clicking.

Great job overall, I was giddy playing it.

Something I have to do is, everytime I want to open the game, I have to go to Taskmanager and end a certain process, or else I get something that says "couldn't open because it's open in another program"

Administrator

Yeah Badara probably typed all of the dialogue in a rush, it will be proper in the demo.

Not sure what you mean by 'overclicking'. I haven't had that problem.

As for the process, it is the save manager Badara wrote in C++ to get it to save. It takes 2-3 minutes to remove from memory since it cleans up temp files and whatnot. If you don't want to wait then terminate the process.

Back Again!

By overclicking, I mean, you know how people (maybe you) keep clicking to get through menus? I keep doing that and accidentally getting extra Venaps. It's not a big issue, as the free card machine probably won't be available in the demo or final product. Although a card machine (like a vending machine) with packs, or codes for special editions (like shinies and such) wouldn't be too bad.

Administrator

Yeah, there probably won't be a vending machine in the demo. It'll be in shops with a NPC.

the Dragon Master

sorry for minor change in subject but i was wondering about pokemon such as unown, rotom and arceus--if we manage to get those will they have there different forms as well???
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

aut vincere aut mori

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For now, only pokemon in Topaz will be in the card game.

Administrator

Yeah, we aren't planning on adding any D/P Pokemon at this point and it will probably stay that way.

the Dragon Master

gotcha just curious, cause i've messed around with it in the pokemon script at home and remembered that arceus and others had multiple forms and wasn't sure as to what was going on with it...

i haven't seen anything in the game that suggests the unown have different cards but i'll keep looking...
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

stuff

Quick question: Where do I get the "Fonts" that it mentions when I boot up the program? Something about "One or more fonts used in this game do not exist on the system" or something like that...

Administrator

Do you get that every time you boot it up?

Secret Agent

I beleive that the fonts are in a hidden file with what looks like random numbers and letters somewhere. (I am serious).
    I just ignore that part.

aut vincere aut mori

I get that message too, but the game plays fine without them.

stuff

I really want them because I found a similar fangame that won't work without the Pokemon Fonts. I figured I'd get the ones for Topaz while I'm at it.

And, yes, Zero, it happens every time.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndadile View Post
    I beleive that the fonts are in a hidden file with what looks like random numbers and letters somewhere. (I am serious).
    Yes! I vaguely recall showing hidden folders/files and finding the font then installing it into Fonts folder. Maybe Badara can tell us the specific font(s) to make it easier.

Secret Agent

Tell me if this sounds right: pkmnem.ttf, pkmnemn.ttf, pkmnems.ttf, pkmnrs.ttf, pkmndp.ttf, pkmnfl.ttf.

There should be a fonts folder for the game somewhere, you just need to copy it from there into the one in the control panel. At least, according to the game. I have not tried it yet.

Da POEKAMAN masta :)

Might be a bit late but Forretress is Rock type in the Card game, have you changed its type or was it just an accident?

Administrator

It was an accident. We'll make sure none of these pesky mistakes are present in the demo.

i cant see unicrown.

Secret Agent

We don't have an icon for it. Anything that is missing probably just hadn't been made at the time that this was put up.

Spriter and Gym designer

I haven't dowloaded this yet, and I probably won't for a while, but I would like to know, what are the rules? I don't get it! Is there a place where I can find the rules? Is there something I'm not getting?

Secret Agent

I believe that there are the rules in-game, but here are the basics; You place cards on a 3x3 grid. If you place a card next to an opponent's card, and the number on your card is higher then the number on your opponent's card, then you get it. Did that make sense? Probably not. Here is a visual representation.

Your card:
    Top:5
    Left:4 Right:7
    Bottom:3

Your opponent's card:
    Top:2
    Left:6 Right:9
    Bottom:3

If you place your card to the left of his (so that the 7 and 6 are touching), you get that card because seven is greater than 6. He can still get it back by placing a higher card somewhere next to it. If you win, you choose one of their cards to keep. If you lose, you lose a card.

Also, if the winner has captured ALL of the cards on the board, they get to keep them all.

Spriter and Gym designer

Oh, I get it. It's better than the slot machines in the Johto and Hoenn regions which are just based on luck. This is kind of based on luck too, but at least there's also strategy involved.

ok thanks for the help.
    im new and exited about pokemon topaz.

Administrator

Actually, the FRLG slots weren't luck based at all. At one point I could get 7 7 7 Red every 3 tries. It's about watching the reel. RSE throws you off randomly most of the time (the reel stops sometimes faster, sometimes slower. It still takes a little skill but there's luck too) but I can still 7 7 7 with more consistency than might seem usual.

The Wandering Cowboy

Had a minor problem in the beginning. When the player enters the building, he walks to the person in front of him. I thought that he would start talking, but instead it allowed me to walk around.

Thing is, it looks like you can only continue if you talk to the person from behind him. Talking to him from the side will interfere with how it was programmed.

If I'm right, and RMXP and RMVX use similar event programming, then it might be safe to have the player automatically talk to the person when he walks up to him, instead of allowing the player to press Space or walk. I'm probably the only one with the problem, though. o_O

Administrator

Yeah, this was coded by our old programmer who quit with no explanations.

I'm planning on learning Ruby scripting so I can take over the programming aspect but it'll be a while before I get adept enough to start actual work. Heck, it'll even take me a while to get started on Ruby itself as I need to finish the site/repository as well as other odds and ends around here.

Secret Agent

Actually, you don't need ruby to fix it if you have RPG Maker XP. Just a few changes and you could change it so that you automatically went to the person and talked to him in the beginning.

I had the RPGMXP demo. Planning to (hopefully) get the full version before the summer.

The Wandering Cowboy

Thing is, if the beta/game has been compressed and encrypted before upload, then it being encrypted means that you can't make any changes to it. Figured that out after I corrupted a very epic RPG I was working on.

stuff

I had RPGMaker VX...before my computer crashed recently and I lost everything...but I'll bet I could get it back anyway.

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrixian View Post
    Thing is, if the beta/game has been compressed and encrypted before upload, then it being encrypted means that you can't make any changes to it. Figured that out after I corrupted a very epic RPG I was working on.
    Yeah, you'd need the origional file.

Administrator

I've tried e-mailing Badara for his files so I could work from them but for some reason he is reluctant to part with them. (Or he would've sent them already.)

Administrator

He hasn't answered my email either. Do you think he might have changed address?

stuff

TBH, I'm a bit mad at Badara. He was doing a great job, and then he just leaves...

Administrator

I'd hold off on judgement unless we find out the reason. It could be perfectly legitimate.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    He hasn't answered my email either. Do you think he might have changed address?
    I don't think so. I set my MSN to alert me when he got online so I could message him. Then Jan 29th, I got the notification he was on but by the time I clicked on his name to send an IM, he signed off. Haven't seen him on since but he is definitely still using the same address.

Quote Originally Posted by PikangX View Post
    TBH, I'm a bit mad at Badara. He was doing a great job, and then he just leaves...
    I think he underestimated how much of his free time that his e-mail application was going to take. He developed a bulk e-mail program and sells it for profit; which means he provides support, updates, etc. He also started university recently, IIRC.

I'm not upset he quit, I'm just annoyed that he won't turn over the Topaz material he has. Probably save us about 15-20 hours if we could get our hands on it.

stuff

Meh, I can't blame him in that case. Still, I wish he would have at least said something...

Secret Agent

I'm thinking witness protection program.

He has to have some reason.

+ Reply to Thread