+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kraklaw Shiny Submissions

Administrator

Default Kraklaw Shiny Submissions

Trust me, if I had a flamethrower I'd be using it on myself right now.

Turns out the shiny sprites Quinn had were from before the new Kraklaw sprite was finalized so we need new submissions for a shiny sprite based off of the current sprite.

Current Sprite

Tyrannigon made a couple but all of Quinn's don't match the current sprite. He changed the eyes or something (or the eyes were changed on the official sprite) so they're no good.

So yeah just post your submissions and I'll close this when I think we have enough for a poll. Let's just all be grateful that we only have to do one poll.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Nearly had a heart attack.

aut vincere aut mori

Thank god its only one poll. I hated that.

Spriter and Gym designer

As I said on another thread, I can fix it. Not right now, though.

Eighty More Posts

this one sucks but i'll post it

Administrator

Oh, forgot to note but: http://pokemontopaz.net/pokemonshinyfrontsprites

Long enough eh? Yeah well, it's for google. I don't expect people to be typing in Topaz URLs from memory anyway.
    Last edited by zeroality; 03-12-11 at 04:13 AM. Reason: if you have a comment about the page, post in the site thread please

Default Heres mine!

sorry couldn't get rid of black black background without making it look rubbish

Eighty More Posts

I fixed the black for you but you will find (with the exception of reli) that people are very hostile about taking your material and editing it theirselves, but that doesn't mean they wont help you or tell how to do it.
    Edit: It would take less amount of time if ZERO WOULD STOP UPLOADING FREAGIN GIF'S

Spriter and Gym designer

What's wrong with editing others' sprites? I mean normally thats bad, but in Topaz we're trying to improve on each other's work to make it better for Pokemon Topaz. Also, we are not 'hostile' about it, and more often then not, people make suggestions on how sprites should be improved rather than editing it themselves. And what would take less time if zero would stop uploading GIFs? And what GIFs? I don't remember zero uploading any GIFs.

Eighty More Posts

i mean that people will suggest things but never actually do that so i'm warning he/her about because more often that not they won't. hostile isn't the exact way i wanted to phrase it but they are very reluctant. when zero uploaded the kraklaw sprite i believe it is a gif so it comes with that stupid black back ground s i have to spend 20 minutes pulling it up with out anything around it. i'm a little grumpy cuz i have a cold

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Quote Originally Posted by mefan3 View Post
    i mean that people will suggest things but never actually do that
    Well, more often than not, people are protective of their own work and like to try and fix things themselves. I usually edit only with permission, and if I do it without its because it's something simple that isn't worth the trouble to explain (Or the creator is MIA). If you're done with something and want other people to edit it, you can state when you post the image. Otherwise, people will avoid stepping on your toes.

All images have the black background, at least in Firefox. I don't know about other browsers. A good way to avoid it is to do a Print Screen, cut the image out and paste it into a new project. Then you can spill paint out the forum colour instead of filling out the black outlines.

Spriter and Gym designer

I don't mean to sound mean, but could you please use proper grammar so I can understand what you are saying? I did understand that you think that the black backgrounds are a result of the images zero uploads being GIFs, but the black backgrounds are a result of the background being transparent, and MS Paint can't work with transparency, so it makes the transparency black instead. Trust me, it annoys me too. I don't think having a cold is an excuse to be grumpy; I'm not particularly grumpy, and I'm sick too.

Eighty More Posts

so anyway which one should we use?

Spriter and Gym designer

I personally don't like any of the ones on this thread. Ryoka's is way too bright and the shading's off, and... I don't really know what I don't like about mefan's and Reli's, I just don't really like them. Anyways, here are some from another thread.

These are Quinn's, the ones zero said had the eyes wrong.

These are mine. I think they match the current sprite.

Quote Originally Posted by Reliability View Post
    We can add Quinn's to the poll and if one of them wins, I'll just edit the eyes to the way it should be.
    My top three:
    1. Quinn's red Kraklaw
    2. Quinn's green Kraklaw
    3. My grey Kraklaw

Administrator

The sprites are saved in PNG format. If you're using MS Paint to edit images and stuff, then that'd explain it.

http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

Get that. It's a paint program that doesn't suck.

Reliability said he'd edit Quinn's sprites if they win so we can put 'em in the poll. I'll check back later today and open the actual poll for voting since it seems we've gotten all the submissions we're going to get. Or another staff member can do it, if they feel like it.

Let me end this with noting that I've edited countless dozens of images for Topaz. Perhaps hundreds, and I don't once recall being hostile towards an user about it. I might make a post that seems hostile (like the icons thing) due to some circumstance or whatnot but it's never directed at an user.

I always try my best to be courteous to everyone online. Sorry to hear about your cold, get better soon. Oh, and one more thing...

http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

Get that. It's a paint program that doesn't suck.
    Last edited by zeroality; 03-13-11 at 11:54 AM. Reason: edit regarding quinn's sprites

Eighty More Posts

i think i will do one more submission if you dont mind

Eighty More Posts

Those are Quinn's, and this on is mine.

edit: I corrected the eyes on quinn's

+ Reply to Thread