Closed Thread

Thread: Do Ya Like

aut vincere aut mori

Default Do Ya Like

Donald woke up on a couch. He was wearing Pajamas, which was odd because he didn't remember having packed any pajamas. Then he remembered that the youngster's mother had given him these to borrow for the night. He looked over on the coffee table to find his clothes and bag. The pokeball containing Nadir rested on top of his folded shirt. He looked around, and not seeing any members of the family around, quietly changed into his clothes. He also sent out Nadir, just to make sure he had healed up okay. The feline pokemon seemed full of energy this morning, which relieved Donald. In fact, he seemed so full of energy that he let out a small gout of flame! Donald yelped a little bit, worrying that his pokemon might accidentally set some of the family's furniture on fire. The youngster's mom came down and asked him how he slept. He replied with a yawn and a "Great!", and then set into small talk. Donald was truly astounded by the hospitality that he was the recipient of here.

The youngster's mother made some breakfast, and he joined them while conversing with the family about the region of Caldera/Kirant. Donald learned that instead of 8 badges, they had 12, which made it more difficult to become the champion, and also made it so that trainers here weren't as common as places like Kanto or Johto. That made sense, as advancing far in any league was very prestigious. He offered to give the family some money to compensate them for his stay, but they refused, so he thanked them and went on his way.

Donald walked out into the street of Sunset Village. It seemed like a sleepy little town, with not much to do. Perhaps taking Nadir for a walk by the beach would be fun! He sent out Nadir once again. His pokemon promptly began spitting out puffs of flame, eager to show off his new move. Donald had a feeling that being able to breathe fire would be really useful, especially in battle against foes with distance attacks.

Donald and Nadir walked along the beach, Nadir staying a little bit away from the water to avoid getting wet. Donald was appreciating the sea breeze when he heard a man yell "HEY, YOU!" from behind him.

Donald turned to see a grizzled old fisherman walking towards him. There was no one else around, so Donald assumed he was talking to him.

"Uh, what?" Donald asked as the fisherman got close.

"FORGIVE MY YELLING, I'M HARD OF HEARING. WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN HOW TO FISH? IT COULD BE USEFUL FOR YOUR POKEMON ADVENTURE!"

Donald more than heard the words coming from the fisherman's mouth. "Uhm... okay?"

The fisherman grinned, and started yelling again. "OKAY THEN. IF YOU CAN BEAT ME IN A BATTLE, THEN I'LL GIVE YOU ONE OF MY FISHING RODS!" The Fisherman then promptly sent out a water typed pokemon into the ocean.

Donald sighed. "Well Nadir, I was hoping that we'd get some rest today, but I think we're both recovered enough. Let's do this!"

OOC: I'd like to attempt the Fishing Guru's Fancy Sidequest. I'm going to purchase a few things in the shop as well.
    Last edited by SilentSentinel; 03-04-13 at 06:34 AM.

RPG Administrator

"We interrupt this post with a special announcement: Fishing Guru has made a spectacular recovery. We'd like to thank the brave soul who brought upon himself the burden of criticism in exchange for this poor man's life. You sir are truly an inspiration to us all."

The TV in the conveniently placed electronics's store next to you flickered dead, as the large man sauntered up to meet you.

"HAHA! NOW THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR!" Guru shouted right in your ear. "OK, TRILLY, YOU'RE UP FIRST!" He continued, as a bright red light escaped from his jacket pocket. A rather large Trillogill appeared in the small pond conveniently located on the other side of you, making rather large splashes. The size of his motions matched the voice of his trainer.
    [4] 20/20

"OF COURSE, I ALSO HAVE MY BACK-UP." He patted his chest, confident in his victory." LODESTONE HERE IS MY ACE IN THE HOLE. HAVEN'T LOST YET WITH HIM!"
    [6] 26/26
    Last edited by NyteFyre; 03-04-13 at 06:51 AM.
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

aut vincere aut mori

OOC: Okay, its edited. If you want to edit your post, or something, feel free lol.

The Fisherman grinned. "TRYING TO CHALLENGE MY TRILLOGIL WITH A FIRE TYPE IS ASKING FOR TROUBLE, BUDDY!"

"Nadir's not your average Fire type!" Donald retorted. Nadir snarled in a high pitch, and sent out a bit of fire.

"VERY WELL THEN. SHOW ME WHAT YOU'VE GOT, BOY!" The Trillogil stayed mostly above the water, looking at Nadir. As much as Donald wanted to see Nadir's new Fire attack in action, he didn't think it would work very well here.

"That Trillogil doesn't seem like it can swim very deep. Try to hit it with your old standby Scratch attack, Nadir!" Nadir leapt forward to attack. This Trillogil was a couple of levels below Donald's partner, but Donald was a bit worried about the water typing...

Administrator

Nadir was quick on the catch, although it was afraid of the water in the pond, its developing bond with Donald allowed it to quickly overcome its phobia and claw into the water, catching even the slippery Trillogill with a good scratch of the claws.

"YOWZERS!" exclaimed the Fisherman "LUCKY FER ME, I GOT TWO POKEMON! SOFTEN HIM UP WITH A LEER, TRILLY!"

Trillogill glared unsettlingly through the water, her gaze magnified twice, threefold by the refraction of the water. It unsettled Nadir, but he knew that he'd have to keep on the offensive and ignore defense, anyway.

[Male] [31/31] [-1 Defense]
    [Female] [13/20]

aut vincere aut mori

Nadir was able to splash around in the shallows without too much trouble, but Donald made a note that he would likely need to find another way to damage water typed pokemon that could swim farther out. So far he had only dealt with smaller water types like Echoise and this Trillogil, but he had a hunch that later on this might change, and he would need to be ready.

This inner monologue had little to do with the matter at hand however, so Donald quickly snapped out of it as he watched the Trillogil Leer at Nadir, which seemed to shake his pokemon's confidence a bit. The Fisherman seemed less intent of having his Trillogil do damage than softening Nadir up for his second pokemon, whatever it was. It was probably a bit stronger than the Trillogil for the Fisherman to be so confident in its ability to win battles, but Donald would just have to see about that.

"We can't afford to get too defensive with this Trillogil, Nadir! Try another Scratch attack on that Trillogil, it can't hide from you!" Donald was already excited again, despite the battle having just started. The tense atmosphere of these battles just seemed to get his blood boiling...

Administrator

Lulled into a sense of security, Nadir batted once more at Trillogill, scoring a bunch scratches onto the slippery fish Pokemon. This was easy, it hadn't even taken a hit yet!

"YOU'LL LEARN NOT TO UNDERESTIMATE TRILLY! GIVE HIM A GOOD SQUIRT! WATER GUN!"

Trilly spurted a large amount of water from her mouth, which arced into the air before splashing and coating Nadir entirely. All Nadir could feel was panic. What pain this was! His tail immediately dimmed with the presence of the water, and his fur, which was usually puffed outwards in order to insulate him and keep his body warm against the elements, was soaked and rendered useless, letting the cold, cold air seep in towards him. And for a fire Pokemon like Nadir, cold and wet meant instantaneous pain and weariness.

[Male] [21/31] [-1 Defense]
    [Female] [6/20]

aut vincere aut mori

Quite unexpected. Nadir had gotten just a little too deep, and the Trillogil had blasted him all over with water. Nadir had panicked a bit at this, rushing back to shore and shaking all over.

"I RECKON YOU BIT OFF A BIT MORE THAN YOU CAN CHEW, LADDIE!" The Fisherman boasted, having caught many a trainer in a similar way. Luckily the sun was shining this morning, so Nadir would be able to warm up a bit after the battle. For now though, the fire type was very cold, not being especially good with wetness as most fire-types were.

But Donald couldn't help but notice that the Trillogil, in its small triumph, was keeping even closer to the shore than it had been at the start of the match. If he could surprise it...

"Nadir, go for a quick Scratch, now!"

Administrator

Nadir blitzed Trillogill, desperate to avoid being coated once again with water. Before Trillogill could even move, she was already caught within the claws of the lion cub, and promptly fainted in pain and terror.

[Male] [21/31] [-1 Defense]
    [Female] [0/20] [Fainted]

Nadir gained 17 EXP!

"THAT'S ALRIGHT FER YOU, BUDDY" the Fisherman grumbled, "BUT TRILLY'S JUST THE OPENING ACT. LODESTONE HERE WILL CLOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF!"

He threw his second Pokeball of the match, and a swift swimming lotus pad appeared.

[Male] [26]

aut vincere aut mori

Nadir's claw swiped at Trillogil once more, sending it sailing onto the land. It flopped around a few times before the Fisherman bellowed "I THINK THE TRILLOGIL'S HAD ENOUGH NOW!" and recalled it into its ball. "BUT ME LODESTONE'S JUST GETTING STARTED!" He sent out a Lotad, a pokemon that Donald actually recognized from a when he had done his Hoenn tour a year ago when his last album had come out.

Donald tried to remember a bit about Lotads. He recalled that they were generally pond dwellers, and that they floated using the leaf on top of their heads. Perhaps he could use that to his advantage...

"Okay Nadir, it's time to try out your new move! Use your Ember attack, and aim for the leaf on Lotad's head!" Nadir seemed happy that it would finally be able to show off its new Fire attack.

Administrator

For his first time, Nadir seemed especially attuned to the fire in his body. Focusing his attention on the gem on his forehead he concentrated steadily, having the feeling that Lotad would be too slow to interrupt him. As it turned out, he was, right. He stretched out his neck, feeling the power radiate from the gem, through his head, tingling down his spine, and into... He quickly flicked himself over and aimed - as a large burst of flame emanated from his tail! When the bright light from the flame subsided, all that was left was a charred black lilypad. Feeling smug and self-satisfied, Nadir let down his guard. This wasn't even as hard as the Trillogill fight!! Suddenly, the black leaf cracked open Lotad flew out at Nadir, surprising him greatly. So much, it hurt, even. It seemed Lotad was just fine then. Or was it? As much as he tried to hide the pain, you couldn't help but notice he it seemed to fear Nadir just a little bit more than he did previously.

[Male] [16/31] [-1 Defense]
    [Male] [16/26]

aut vincere aut mori

Nadir sent a burst of flames from its tail toward the Lotad, sending the small pokemon spiraling backward into the water. Nadir jumped up and down at the success of this first Fire attack, but was then surprised by the Lotad's remarkably swift recovery and stealthy approach.

"NOT BAD, BOY!" The Fisherman yelled. "BUT LODESTONE'S NOT FINISHED YET!"

"And neither is Nadir." Donald replied confidently. This Ember attack was an awesome technique to have at one's disposal. Donald knew that Nadir preferred to use this move, being of the Fire element, and he would be obliging his pokemon quite often in the coming battles. "Nadir, blast that Lotad with another Ember attack!"

OOC: Nadir is missing the EXP from the Trillogil.

Administrator

OOC: Done.

The Fisherman smiled, and tutted "YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST KEEP ON USING THAT? WELL, HAVE A LOAD OF THIS! WATER SPORT! IT'LL REDUCE THOSE FLAMES TO SMOKE IN NO TIME!"

Lotad rose towards the surface in order to splash up and down, but Nadir was ready and waiting. With pinpoint precision, he let loose a burst of flames just as Lodestone broke the surface of the water, charring him badly until he could retreat back under water to avoid the heat. Soon enough, the flames ran out and Lodestone could once again break the surface, where it splashed happily, whipping water into the air and creating a fine mist all around the battlefield. But it was a little late, wasn't it? The damage was already done.

[Male] [6/26] [Water Sport]

aut vincere aut mori

The Lotad did a defensive maneuver that coated the entire area in water. This made it difficult for Nadir to gather the fiery energy in order to unleash its Ember attack! However, the Lotad was pretty badly injured from Nadir's previous two Ember attacks. Perhaps it was already too late for that attack to matter much in the course of this fight.

"NOT GONNA BE GETTING AWAY WITH THOSE EMBERS NOW, LADDIE!" The Fisherman yelled.

"Too late, laddie. Nadir, switch over to your Scratch attack and strike as quick as you can!" Nadir abandoned its attempts to breathe fire, instead closing in on its target with claws outstretched.

Secret Agent

"TAKE 'IM DOWN, LODESTONE!" the fisherman boomed. However, it was a little too late. Celsinge was already flying through the air, claws extended. With a pair of quick swipes, he tore Lotad's lilypad to shreds.
    [Male] [0/26] [Water Sport] [Fainted]

Nadir gained 30 EXP! The Fisherman was defeated! He hands over an Old Rod.

aut vincere aut mori

Nadir's Scratch attack sent the Lotad flying back into the Fisherman. It wasn't able to continue anymore.

"WELL I'LL BE! YOU'VE BEATEN ME POKEMON, AND WITH A FIRE TYPE NO LESS!" The Fisherman yelled.

Donald laughed "Hey all right, Nadir!" Nadir sent some flames from its tail in celebration.

"A DEAL'S A DEAL, LADDIE! ARE YOU READY TO LEARN HOW TO FISH?" The Fisherman promptly retreated to his hut on the beach and came back with a fishing rod.

"Uh, alright." Donald grabbed the rod as the Fisherman handed it to him...

-2 hours later

Donald and the Fisherman sat on the sidewalk by the beach eating sandwiches. Fishing hadn't gone too badly despite the fact that Donald had never tried it before, and the Fisherman had dispatched the odd Trillogil that had taken the bait with his pokemon.

"YOU'LL WANT TO HEAD THROUGH CHARTREE FOREST TO CRANGEWING CITY IF YOU WANT TO ENTER THE LEAGUE." The Fisherman said. "THE GYM LEADER FROY IS THERE. FROM THERE YOU CAN GET TO SOFTWIND PRETTY EASILY AND FACE THERMA IF YOU BEAT FROY." The Fisherman's bellow was even louder than before, since he was now sitting right next to Donald. It was so loud, that Donald didn't even hear the diminutive voice of a girl asking him question. Donald turned when he noticed the girl's shadow. She was about 20 years old and had an inquisitive look on her face.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to be rude, but don't I know you from somewhere?" The girl asked.

Donald suddenly got very reserved. "No, I don't think so." He turned to the Fisherman and bade him goodbye with a simple "Sorry, I have to go now. Thank you for everything." He began walking north in the direction indicated by the Fisherman.

"Wait!" The girl yelled.

"Sorry, I don't think you know me." Donald replied as he kept walking north. The girl followed for a few steps, then stopped and looked back at the Fisherman, who shrugged his shoulders.
    Last edited by SilentSentinel; 03-06-13 at 12:43 AM.

Closed Thread