+ Reply to Thread

Thread: weavile's art

Default weavile's art

hi c:
    i'm weavile and i love to draw, so i thought i might like to share some of my drawings of the characters in topaz. i love the designs and plan to do more, but for now i only have one D:

http://barujiina.deviantart.com/art/...kldf-213174633
    sorry about the water mark going right across it, i'm afraid of art thieves. also, this was just a doodle, lolwhatisalightsource
    that's also my dA account, where i have more art. i wasn't sure if i was allowed to post non-topaz art here, but i'd really only post topaz art here.
    comments are appreciated <3
    dA

Spriter and Gym designer

That is really awesome! If you want to post non-Topaz art, Cafe Topaz is the place to go.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

That is phenomenal! It's nice to see art that isn't a side view (since I can't seem to do anything but that). The texture on the head really adds depth to the sprite and the eyes are really interesting with all the colours in there. There isn't a whole lot to critique, but if I wanted to be nit picky, I would suggest that its back right leg is turned out a little much and that your light source could be more consistent (but I think you knew that last one). It breaks with the look of the sprite, but that's a good thing with concept art: it doesn't need to mesh perfectly.

I hope to see more in the future. I love fresh talent. ^.^

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by weavile View Post
    this was just a doodle
    That is really good. I wish I could "doodle" that well.

thanks for such positive feedback ;A; and i'll go check out cafe topaz too!
    thanks reliability <3 i really like when someone posts a nice critique that isn't harsh, because i just can't really tolerate harsh critique :L i also like to draw my own style, but at least try to keep to the original design so that it's still recognizable. for the eyes, when i do the lighting, i take the opposite colour (so for that, i used a light shade of green), and i think it just brings it out more.
    i'm working on another one right now, so it should be up sometime soon
    dA

Administrator

Leoracle looks amazing! The chest might be a little thin, but the colours and forms work so well and you got a perfect texture for the head area.

I'm looking forward to the next one you draw!

Administrator

Oh that's great! I'll have it up on the site ASAP. I hope you do more!

Administrator

Wait, first, are we allowed to put it on the site? It seems you take theft seriously so I want firm permission first.

Spriter and Gym designer

Would it be possible to get a version without the watermark? We haven't had problems with thieves of the concept art before, have we?

Sorry for being dead, I was busy doing other things.
    Yes, you can use it, all I ask is for credit somewhere.
    http://www.iaza.com/work/110620C/iaza14594828469300.png I suggest that you save this to your own computer and re-upload, because after 90 days that link will be deleted.
    dA

Administrator

Do you want credit as weavile or barujina?

weavile would be fine.
    dA

Thats what she said

Holy lord! that is what I call some pimp work right there!!! If thats just a doodle, I wanna see what full out is :O I'm not the guy to be sayin much, but if you want some original art, look at what's been done, and either do some new pokemon no one has done yet, OR find one that you personally think could use another version, and work from there I could see a lot of this around personally...
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Overworlder (I think)

Nicely done. I'm terrible.
    http://www.pokemontopaz.net/ TOPAZ, AND PROUD OF IT!

http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/s...-Guy-s-Profile - My TRPG profile

thanks guys <3, and you aren't terrible D:
    i did a little speedpaint of lupine here, he's cute.
    http://barujiina.deviantart.com/art/lupine-216422910
    also, if you want a constant art update from me i suggest you go check out my other thread.
    dA

Administrator

Oh man, there's something about that art that reminds me of Okami, stylistically. Even though it's not as "clean" as I usually like, there's a lot of character to the strokes you used. One thing that seems off though is the left shoulder (our right), which seems a little too large considering the viewing angle. Otherwise, very nice.

Eighty More Posts

Good grief that's one for the record books. Your talent is so good it should be in museums instead of little fangame projects made by immature fanboys like us.

Administrator

Don't be so quick to call the members here immature, Infinity. Over my time here I've come to respect this place for how earnest and serious everyone here can be in discussion, more so than almost any other forum I've known.

Eighty More Posts

I didn't mean it like that and I was calling myself part of that group. You all are very nice and I didn't mean it in a disrespecting way but to tell the truth most of us are maybe a little to old to play Pokemon i guess you could say. I'm a casual player of Pokemon and I was decent at spriting and that's the reason I joined. I am like the 11th or 12th highest poster I think (although some of you did lower your post count a bit so I don't know) s you can guess that I like it to. Immature was loosely suggested in my post if I could say that. I could have perhaps chosen a better word.

Administrator

It's a mindset, really. Did you know that Neopets was originally intended for bored college students? Yet, it has been widely known as a kid's game for a dozen years. Likewise, I doubt Pokemon was intended for children, considering Pokemon Special, and the darkness of RBY, and (from what I hear) the resurging darkness in Black and White. The competitive scene in Pokemon has a depth and metagame that few children would actually comprehend. It's only a kid's game/show because society at large accepts it as such and chooses to ignore its depths. Here at Topaz, we take Pokemon with all the seriousness it deserves, and no one can fault us or ridicule us for that.

Thats what she said

Lol...I gotta hit the like button (that we dont have) on IBs comment. I'm 17, and I love pokemon. I dont play it much, but I play it when possible, as well...I'm commemorating Gold and Silver with a tattoo on my arm, and possibly black and white (and grey?) with one on my other arm.
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

+ Reply to Thread